Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635573 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Coming down pretty good here right now and blowing around.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
same here.. roads are getting bad too...  drive safe those that have to tonight and tomorrow!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
How's you guys doin today? :scratch: ;) Stuck the tape measure in the fresh stuff both in front & back of the garage & it appeared to be < 2" in both spots to me. The warmest ( -1)  temp I seen startin out the day in a while too. :happy1: :cool: It looked to me like Reb was getting hammered when WCCO news came on the air. :confused: Biggest total they had early was Faribault with 6.5" & still comin down.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking 5 inches here..  hard to say with winds that there too..  got the sidewalk and roof done..  just plowing left for the most part...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty calm here now, forecast says that's goin to change this afternoon. See how far we can get before that. :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How's you guys doin today? :scratch: ;) Stuck the tape measure in the fresh stuff both in front & back of the garage & it appeared to be < 2" in both spots to me. The warmest ( -1)  temp I seen startin out the day in a while too. :happy1: :cool: It looked to me like Reb was getting hammered when WCCO news came on the air. :confused: Biggest total they had early was Faribault with 6.5" & still comin down.

Last night when we were watching the news they said may even be more in SE MN.  Poor Rebs I said to the wife.   He always gets it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Danged right I do!!!!!  Can't even find my front steps....... :angry2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite a project you have there Rebs.  Remember it doesn't all need to get taken care of today!!!  OK???   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be a day long affair, I'm afraid. Roof too.  :angry:  Have a neighbor buddy lives a block away coming up in a bit to help me today. He offered. Nice to have good friends.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
better doing it today than tomorrow, because of the outdoor temps and wind...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:mad1: :mad1: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Ahh, all yer posts are  :offtopic: :offtopic:   :mooning:  I gotta go blow the eleventeen inches of snow...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
better doing it today than tomorrow, because of the outdoor temps and wind...
Just came back in, must've been ~ 8:45 before I got suited up & on the blower. So a little < than a hour & 1/2 to clean it up good as we didn't touch it after the last little bit we got. It felt like the wind was just beginnin to pick up a little too, so  :happy1: it's done.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Started  :snow4: again by ~ 11. :doah: Watchin our usaul channel 3 Duluth (Jeopardy) & they've got a bunch of school closings for the next 2 days scrollin across the screen now. :thumbs:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Uh oh....gonna be windy..SCHOOLS CLOSED! Might rain tomorrow...Better CLOSE SCHOOL!  Chance of snow....SCHOOLS CLOSED! Smoke from forest fires.....CLOSE SCHOOL!  Icicles on the eaves!!! CLOSE SCHOOL!!!!   :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/28/19, 04:32:42 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so I heard from my brudder, his kid decided to head to the cabin for the weekend as he always does super bowl weekend. sounds like the plow guy plowed down into the neighbors and left a big bank going down into our place.

he also said the pilot light on the furnace was out and now wont stay lit. wonder iffin that's got something to do with the LP regulator stuff freezing up>???????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty sure that's what caused our problems. :scratch: The owner over at HH that day said he was going out every 2 hours & pouring warm water on his regulator, that got his to light but wouldn't stay running. Probably because it was still getting colder as it hasn't hit the low for the day yet. Lately here it isn't until an hour or so after sunrise (8-8:30) that it hits the low for the day. Once we took it off auto so it wouldn't need so much LP flow to start & stay runnin ours was OK. We didn't put it back in normal(auto) mode 'till much later in the day, late am-early pm, & it's been fine since. Brother did a little research & found that LP can start freezing up @ -40.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just make sure ya take your hair dryer along when ya go next time, you can just plug dat in to thaw out da regulator. ;)  :laugh: Or ya might be able to get by :confused: if'n you just went over & talked to it for a few minutes.  :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Just make sure ya take your hair dryer along when ya go next time, you can just plug dat in to thaw out da regulator. ;)  :laugh: Or ya might be able to get by :confused: if'n you just went over & talked to it for a few minutes.  :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:moon: :moon: :moon: smart azz!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
YOU  never mind!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :pouty: :doofus: :censored: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe build a liddle fire under it for a bit..... don't forget about it, though!  :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:moon: :moon: :moon: smart azz!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:  :super smiley: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
furnace wont get fixed for now. furnace guys vehicles are 2 wheel drives, sooo........ his kid said 6 inches of snow and still snowing.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had closer to 4" when I checked before breakfast, about 6:30, but we went out afterwards & could've gotten another inch while we were out there. Still flakin a little yet now.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Blowin' like a hound dog here, and started to spew some flakes....temp dropped from 28* to 14* real quick. The streets look shiny..... O great...gotta leave in a bit.
« Last Edit: February 02/04/19, 11:28:09 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much wind here, other than you know who ;) :smiley:, hourly said<10 mph all day. :happy1: Still spittin a little :snow3: though