Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635693 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like some fresh wheeler tracks on the Bobber's cam today. Must've gotten more snow too as the plow truck was sittin on TE's ramp next to the steps over there.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I got 2 foggy pictures on the bobbers cams.  :pouty: also looking like the new snow is getting water logged again.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like some fresh wheeler tracks on the Bobber's cam today. Must've gotten more snow too as the plow truck was sittin on TE's ramp next to the steps over there.
so what is up with that plow truck on the ramp??? his way of saying stay off. :scratch: :scratch: with the looks of the slush in those tracks on the lake...…..it work for me!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That'd be my guess. :scratch: People goin out of there while there not around maybe. :confused: Yeah I'm with you, just lookin at how deep & slushy those tracks look would get me to turn around. :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i talked to my coworker from up there today. he said he was up on long lake.....the one up north of talmoon on 6. he found 4 inches of good ice 8 inches of frozen slush ice, and after the hole was cut water/slush on top. this was looking at a spear hole. he didnt say how he did though.

he thought maybe snowmobile travel might be ok but not ATV!!!!!!!!!

SOUNDS like i'll be in rapids on the 15th of Jan!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :smoking: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The plow truck has been moved & the ramp is plowed at Geiger's today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It doesn't look like there's been any activity out of Geiger's recently but there appeared to be at least a couple sets of lights out there last night & again this AM early, looked to be out in front of the Co Rd 35 access again to me. I see there's a report from TE over on FM, 14" of ice along with 6" of slush with ~ 12" of snow on top of that. :crazy: :thumbs:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It doesn't look like there's been any activity out of Geiger's recently but there appeared to be at least a couple sets of lights out there last night & again this AM early, looked to be out in front of the Co Rd 35 access again to me. I see there's a report from TE over on FM, 14" of ice along with 6" of slush with ~ 12" of snow on top of that. :crazy: :thumbs:
seen that too!!!!! not a good cozy feeling to run right up there.!!!! :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like some activity on the narrows cams!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Tired of these winters up there. Slush just ends everything. Oh well, look at all the fish there will be come spring!!     :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tired of these winters up there. Slush just ends everything. Oh well, look at all the fish there will be come spring!!     :happy1:
don't you know it Merc. I need to start learning these lakes in my back yard. :pouty: and the weather next weekend looks like crap!!!!! :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like some activity on the narrows cams!!!!!!!!!!!
Those porties weren't there when I looked last, ~ 10 or so. :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/12/20, 04:10:36 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
More snow overnight up there so you might want to take a shovel along if'n your stayin the night. :sleazy: :confused: ;) :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
More snow overnight up there so you might want to take a shovel along if'n your stayin the night. :sleazy: :confused: ;) :laugh:
nope, headed back home............ unless it gets real bad, then i'll stay at the country inn in rapids.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite a little more snow on the railing over at Geiger's & it's still comin down. Pretty sure  :scratch: I seen a small spot of open water on west lookin cam on the other 1 yday. :shocked:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well made it to the Northland. Went to check out the cabin. Holy moly Rocky they got snowbanks  drove in about half way where the road splits and there's a 7 ft snowbank someone piled snow right in the road and only way to get to the cabin. :angry2: :angry2: I'll be looking into this. :confused: :angry2: in rapids now. Started snowing about 8 and still coming down. Should be a fun drive home. :crazy: :crazy: :pouty:

Got closer to the cabin and noticed a lot of deer activity along the edges of the woods but nothing was crossing the road. Pretty good size banks for them to try and navigate.

Well off to do some union thuggery. :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
NO! Snowbanks?! Up north?!  Gee whillikers!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/15/20, 01:11:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
NO! Snowbanks?! Up north?!  Gee whillikers!  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: oh I've seen big snowbanks up here before just not this early. Last year was close but this year has it beat no problem. The main road going in, you'd be hard pressed without backing up if you met another vehicle. Yea a one lane road.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well made it to the Northland. Went to check out the cabin. Holy moly Rocky they got snowbanks  drove in about half way where the road splits and there's a 7 ft snowbank someone piled snow right in the road and only way to get to the cabin. :angry2: :angry2: I'll be looking into this. :confused: :angry2: in rapids now. Started snowing about 8 and still coming down. Should be a fun drive home. :crazy: :crazy: :pouty:

Got closer to the cabin and noticed a lot of deer activity along the edges of the woods but nothing was crossing the road. Pretty good size banks for them to try and navigate.

someone else wants to keep you away huh!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: fish fear me, women love me!!! :sleazy: :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/15/20, 01:42:54 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well made it to the Northland. Went to check out the cabin. Holy moly Rocky they got snowbanks  drove in about half way where the road splits and there's a 7 ft snowbank someone piled snow right in the road and only way to get to the cabin. :angry2: :angry2: I'll be looking into this. :confused: :angry2: in rapids now. Started snowing about 8 and still coming down. Should be a fun drive home. :crazy: :crazy:

someone else wants to keep you away huh!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Bet it's NOT the 1 neighbor who'll talk to him! :bonk: ;) :laugh: Should be a real short investigation. :doofus: :sleazy: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :tut:
:sorry: I had to ;) :sleazy:.............................mikey wanted me to.......................so did Reb..........................& Dotch.......................& :scratch: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: i dont get this much abuse doing negotiations!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :pouty: :pouty: :angry: :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: ...............................;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :surrender:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like 4 or 5 fresh sets of tracks goin out of Geiger's this afternoon :scratch: The 1 headed a little south looks like it could be a wheeler to me :confused:, the rest look like sled tracks to me. None were there this mornin when I looked.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when i looked this morning all i seen was COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Somethin kind of big off in the distance in the middle of the west facing shot. Hard to tell if it's tent or what? :scratch:  There's 4 flipovers in the shot from Bobbers now. No action, that I can see on the other 1.