Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635499 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple more porties on Bobber's cam this am & like before no sign of any wheelers or sleds so they must be on foot. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
looks like a whiteout up there...…... :doah: I hate living vicariously up in the northland by these webcams..... :confused: :censored: and seeing our driveway this past Wednesday doesn't help matters.

one of our field members lives over by Naswhauk, he has frozen water issues. said when he was back there around new years he figured the had about 3 ft of snow by then. he's working down in iowa somewhere on a damn and said he wont be back up there till spring with the way things are.

and you can tell by all the reports there aren't many venturing out on the lakes up there...……..
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Geigers said if they get any more snow they are shutting down the resort for the winter and no roads  will be plowed. Bowstring Shores has a small road with three rental houses out in front of there resort. They said the slush is firming up and snowmobiles can go any where on the lake but there will be no truck traffic this winter. Not real good news as far as getting out up there.    :sad:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well now i'm really pissed. :angry2: :angry2: just talked to my mom. I sent here the 2 pictures I took of the snowbanks up north. she is the only family member I sent them to. she apparenlty sent them to my brother, she told me he called Itasca county  sheriffs dept whining about it.

I did NOT want to get any enforcement agency involved as I wanted to talk to the 2 possible individuals personally, man to man, respectfully asking him nicely to not do that anymore.

I get real tired of him sticking his nose in stuff that doesn't concern him. :angry2: :angry2: its not like he's going up there anytime soon, living down by wausau wi. id like to   training-087 training-087 in the face. and of course #1 can do nothing wrong with mom. I told her I didn't want to go this route, but you can imagine how that went.  gawd i'm pissed. :mad1: :mad1: :angry2: :angry2:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Geigers said if they get any more snow they are shutting down the resort for the winter and no roads  will be plowed. Bowstring Shores has a small road with three rental houses out in front of there resort. They said the slush is firming up and snowmobiles can go any where on the lake but there will be no truck traffic this winter. Not real good news as far as getting out up there.    :sad:
rapids had about 3-4 inches wed and I read on IDO a resident of rapids posted they had 10 inches with this latest round.....I can see that happening pretty easy. there still talking snowmobile only travel on Winnie.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's you're own fault for sending her the pic's!!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last time that's happening. try and communicate with mom to keep her informed is all...…... :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

HH my start earlier then expected!!!!! :pouty:
« Last Edit: January 01/18/20, 01:55:09 PM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
HH is getting closer here too!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: :bonk: I gotta agree with mike & HH is startin any minute here.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: :doah: so, if mom owns the place, pays most the bills related to the place, and for the most part my brother and I do 99% of any work needed to be done...……….why wouldn't you send her pictures like that???????????????? :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Just wouldn't, because no good is probably going to come of it. Probably just worry about it until we got it fixed anyway or over react & make things worse. That's how our place was set up too until Dad passed then our names went on the title. When we re-built the bank said her name had to come off it & even then she was still paying the North Itasca Electric bill when she passed away.
« Last Edit: January 01/18/20, 04:22:20 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
:scratch: :scratch: :doah: so, if mom owns the place, pays most the bills related to the place, and for the most part my brother and I do 99% of any work needed to be done...……….why wouldn't you send her pictures like that???????????????? :confused:

Because you already probably know the outcome. Just like me trying to deal with my POS step-brother when Mom and her husband ended up going to separate nursing homes.....and then he has me get a hold of him thru my attorney ("I couldn't find yer number") right before Christmas to tell me Mom's husband (his Dad) died....
a WEEK BEFORE.  THAT was REAL fun telling my Mom.

What you don't need to tell Mom, don't. You know how to deal with people. Just sayin', not meant smart like.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

you can I'm just saying save the head ache!!!  we all do what we have to......  so who's right and who's wrong???   :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

you can I'm just saying save the head ache!!!  we all do what we have to......  so who's right and who's wrong???   :confused:
i'm right and my brothers an idiot...…...er wrong. :nerd: :nerd: lets just say.....i've learned my lesson. they wanna know whats up.they can go up and find out themselves. :moon: :moon:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
See how we all look out for ya!?! And we didn't even say bite me!   :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
See how we all look out for ya!?! And we didn't even say bite me!   :bonk: :rotflmao:
look out for me????????  :scratch: :scratch: loks to me like pokin da bear...……. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what ever!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
look out for me????????  :scratch: :scratch: loks to me like pokin da bear...……. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Better re-read some of the posts...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Ya so! ;)  :laugh: :laugh:  Just givin what we're gettin. ;) :angel:  :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: January 01/19/20, 09:51:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot :doofus: that when Mom's brother got sick(early 90's) & had no or very little health insurance the state came after our place up there. In order to stop them Dad put a mechanic's lien on it & they eventually bought him out. That's when our names went on the title.
« Last Edit: January 01/19/20, 12:03:57 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Bet the lights I've spotted out there a few times,weekends mostly, are from the houses BShores has out there. Looked to be 2-3 houses to me each time.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Bet the lights I've spotted out there a few times,weekends mostly, are from the houses BShores has out there. Looked to be 2-3 houses to me each time.
anudder mystery solved!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
kinda hard to see on geigers cam but kinda looks like some type of tracks heading out to the left of geigers.

pretty quiet on the narrows cams.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sasquatch, don't follow them.  It is a trick.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sasquatch, don't follow them.  It is a trick.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: probably the only thing that go out on the lakes up there now.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Geiger's has 2-3 sets of fresh tracks on their cam, don't think they were there yday when I looked. :confused: Can't tell what's goin on on the other 1 as the west shot is very dirty/dark & Bobber's won't boot for me again. :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Narrows cam is better now but still blurry.  :tut: ;) :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The Narrows cam is better now but still blurry.  :tut: ;) :rotflmao:
you sure it isnt after affects of yesterdays HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Expected that! :swords: :mooning: :pouty: