Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635500 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks to be ~ 75 yds of open water today @ WN.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it's starting to open up to east a little more today. Did you figure out your livewell & bilge problems on the boat before you took it in or not? :scratch: Motor wouldn't start or wouldn't even turn over? :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yep. Got that figured out. Motor got me stumped. It worked like no tomorrow when I took it to the river last fall when I ran stabil threw the system and fogged it. It had to bee that goofy push button starter button.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 So what was the issue with the bilge & livewell? :scratch: A bad wire? :confused: Almost sounded like a bad ground at the switch to me, would've been the 1st place I looked to see if they used the same ground.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So what was the issue with the bilge & livewell? :scratch: A bad wire? :confused: Almost sounded like a bad ground at the switch to me, would've been the 1st place I looked to see if they used the same ground.
cleaned up the inline fuse. Cleaned off the connection to the battery better.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 So they weren't getting any power. :cool:                        :doofus: :bonk:                  ;) ;D

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much, have to admit it's been a while since I have had to do a bit more than just clean up terminals. I never did like that starter button. Seems the springs in it get weak???? Although as long as I've had the boat, should the issue be the button it'll be the second time I have had to do something with it

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We put a dab of some dielectric grease on the posts of all our boat batteries. A small tube at l & m is < $3 & it really seems to help stop things from getting corroded. Our TM batteries are in the bow & it gets quite a bit wetter up there. Used it inside inline fuseholders that have gotten damp too. A little tube goes a long way.  :scratch: Kind of sounds like a bad design on that switch on your motor with havin to fix it twice.
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 01:38:38 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
We put a dab of some dielectric grease on the posts of all our boat batteries. A small tube at l & m is < $3 & it really seems to help stop things from getting corroded. Our TM batteries are in the bow & it get quite a bit wetter up there. Used it insde inline fuseholders that have gotten damp too. A little tube goes a long way.  :scratch: Kind of sounds like a bad design on that switch on your motor with havin to fix it twice.

And that's just what you should always do.  :happy1: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We put a dab of some dielectric grease on the posts of all our boat batteries. A small tube at l & m is < $3 & it really seems to help stop things from getting corroded. Our TM batteries are in the bow & it get quite a bit wetter up there. Used it insde inline fuseholders that have gotten damp too. A little tube goes a long way.  :scratch: Kind of sounds like a bad design on that switch on your motor with havin to fix it twice.
Yea to me it's a real screwed up design.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We put a dab of some dielectric grease on the posts of all our boat batteries. A small tube at l & m is < $3 & it really seems to help stop things from getting corroded. Our TM batteries are in the bow & it gets quite a bit wetter up there. Used it inside inline fuseholders that have gotten damp too. A little tube goes a long way.  :scratch: Kind of sounds like a bad design on that switch on your motor with havin to fix it twice.
Yea Everytime I go through this process I think about doing this but never have tgeat stuff at home and say I'll get it and do it later  And you know how that goes  :confused: :doofus: :thumbs:

I got it on the things to get list now! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The west side of the Narrows hasn't changed much today, it has opened more goin the other way though. There's a pretty decent puddle at the end of Geiger's ramp today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Much of the west side is lookin pretty dark today, like most of it could go in the next few days. Not a lot of change from yday on the other side.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :scratch: decisions decisions. :pouty: checked the weather forecast for up there this weekend, looks promising. Or do I chance it and wait another week?? :scratch: :scratch: last thing I wanna do is head up there with rain in the forecast. :pouty: would need more beer then. :pouty:

I gotz letters to deliver. :sleazy: :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: Might have to switch to a cheaper beer, like Busch light.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That ain't beer; that's bunny piss. Grab a 12 pk and head as far away as ya can.  :moon:   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :scratch: Might have to switch to a cheaper beer, like Busch light.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: never ever substitute quantity over quality. :tut: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  The way it's going it could easily be June before many get up there & read any of your letters.  :pouty: :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:  The way it's going it could easily be June before many get up there & read any of your letters.  :pouty: :doah:
better then then never...……...I,ve done my part...…….stir da pot!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
better then then never...……...I,ve done my part...…….stir da pot!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy:

must not have gotten his puter back yesterday!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

yea I did, didn't feel like messing with it. still cant get to my emails!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: its why i brought it in!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;) :laugh: :happy1: Ever notice how much better his posts/spelling is over on FM, mike? :scratch: :crazy: :tut: :pouty:                                                    :bonk: :banghead: :nerd: :nerd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
;) :laugh: :happy1: Ever notice how much better his posts/spelling is over on FM, mike? :scratch: :crazy: :tut: :pouty:                                                    :bonk: :banghead: :nerd: :nerd:

yuppers!!! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

yea I did, didn't feel like messing with it. still cant get to my emails!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: its why i brought it in!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

and ya had the courage to blame me and Dotch!!!!!  dats funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And that, from the engineer on topics of SEKS! All aboard!   *WHOO*WHOO*

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Better look a little harder for that FRIENDLY 5 year old. ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 04/14/20, 09:33:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
they open at 10, by 10.01 i'll be on the phone with them!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Was wondering if you wouldn't. You did tell 'em that was the issue when you took it in, right? They might be able to walk you through it so it'll work.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/20, 01:27:02 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Was wondering if you wouldn't. You did tell'em that was the issue when you took it in, right? They might be able to walk you through it so it'll work.
done and good to go...…..