Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 636039 times)

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I wasn't up there but heading up tomorrow to look around.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hayslips is still closed. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's why I have my own stash. I'm always prepared up there.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ice must be out on the entire lake as a bigger jon boat just came in at the resort around noon & it said sherriff on it so they must of been out putting the "No wake" bouys out. Our bay was open Sunday by ~ 2 or 3. Thought about runnin over to there & lettin them know that the 1 :evil: causin all the ruckus had went back home, just in case though. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
why was Merc up there too?????????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:doah: :scratch: Seems to me like he's always out in Laughlin when he knows your gonna be up here.  :mooning: Can't say I blame him.  :sleazy: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: no wonder they never found me, I had the truck. :mooning: :mooning:
:doah: Figured you did, thought they were both white so you didn't get :confused: as to which 1 was yours. :doofus:  :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: no wonder they never found me, I had the truck. :mooning: :mooning:
:doah: Figured you did, thought they were both white so you didn't get :confused: as to which 1 was yours. :doofus:  :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :confused: :banghead: nope not that far along yet. :crazy: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
doesn't look like there is a whole lot of ice left both on the narrows and geigers cams today!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the wheeler down to the NW access yday & there was a little along that shore then. From Northen Acres up to ~ Geiger's it looked the same & surely not enough to survive the day IMO.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose since your company has left you 2 have been busy over in Inger!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose since your company has left you 2 have been busy over in Inger!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

you are such a pervert!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning: :pouty: Sounds a lot like your worried somebody is movin in on your turf. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: Went to DR & got rid of the old(88) Alumacraft so headed on to GR after that.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

you are such a pervert!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:happy1: :scratch: He must've been gettin ready to go nite-nite & he realized Momma wasn't gonna want anything to do with him last night..............................again. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Dreamin of his squaws ALWAYS puts him in his happy place  :sleazy:. :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: Sounds a lot like your worried somebody is movin in on your turf. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: Went to DR & got rid of the old(88) Alumacraft so headed on to GR after that.
:tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
don't see any ice on the cams. geigers got there docks in and 3 boats parked over on the narrows!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually there's 4 at the Narrows as there's 1 on the north side of their ramp too, no motor on that 1 so that's probably a resort rental. :scratch: The other 3 look like they are on the south side of their ramp & gas pump. I'm bettin they belong to some of what now are private cabins but were part of the resort at 1 time. Went over to the Bstore this am & Chris was workin, she told us that the new owners of Bowstring Shores were going to open for next weekeend but their guest will be checking out on Friday to allow for the extra cleaning that's required now. She also mentioned that she knew of 1 or 2 that weren't opening until the 1st of June.
« Last Edit: May 05/03/20, 05:22:58 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's another boat with a motor on it over at the Narrows today, this 1 is on the north side of the ramp & pump. Heard from 2 different people yday that they had the resort next door sold except for the ink on the bottom line before the C19 hit. They've had it up for sale for at least 2 years now as she has some strange kind of disease & is not doing well. The weather here doesn't help any either, I guess. They have another place out in Las Vegas & that weather is better for her from what I hear. Last I knew they were only askin $2.4 mil for it, so 20% down would only be ~ $1/2 mil. Maybe you should buy it.  :scratch: ;) Bet you wouldn't need to drive around the county just to keep from getting bored if you did. :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There's another boat with a motor on it over at the Narrows today, this 1 is on the north side of the ramp & pump. Heard from 2 different people yday that they had the resort next door sold except for the ink on the bottom line before the C19 hit. They've had it up for sale for at least 2 years now as she has some strange kind of disease & is not doing well. The weather here doesn't help any either, I guess. They have another place out in Las Vegas & that weather is better for her from what I hear. Last I knew they were only askin $2.4 mil for it, so 20% down would only be ~ $1/2 mil. Maybe you should buy it.  :scratch: ;) Bet you wouldn't need to drive around the county just to keep from getting bored if you did. :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut:and have to put up with you guyz!!!!! :tut: :tut: :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We rarely go over there as they don't encourage the locals comin over &  mingling with their guests. Might be a different story :sleazy: :evil: if it was you over there.  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :pouty: :crazy: you crazy...........i'm looking to slow down and retire and goof off like you do!!!!!!!!!! not look for more stuff to do!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :pouty: :crazy: you crazy...........i'm looking to slow down and retire and goof off like you do!!!!!!!!!! not look for more stuff to do!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:shocked: Just tryin to hep you & the wife out ;) so you got somethin to do & aren't drivin her  :crazy: 'cause your bored all the time. :bonk: :doah: :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So nice out & tired of putzin around here yday that I decided to give the crappies a shot down at the Portage bridge. I get to the corner, look down there & there's 3 cars down there, all natives. The younger adult male was at his car when I pulled up on the wheeler & he spoke. Nice guy, very courteous & he said they were just lookin to get the kids outside doing something fun. Fished with 'em for ~ an hour & a 1/2. Seemed like a good group & sounded like Grandpa, Grandma, Mom, Dad, & 4 or 5 kids to me. Thought :scratch: about askin 'em if they knew you ;) but decided against it. :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:  No new rigs on the webcams this morning, that I could see.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut:i keep telling you i dont go into your neighborhood!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: Yeah, but you say a lot of stuff :rolleyes: & a good share of the time it sounds just like our elected officials. :bs:                            :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
1 boat tied up at Geiger's today & where it's parked I'm wonderin if it's not theirs.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothin new over at the Narrows but it looks like they've been busy over at Geiger's. Another dock to the south of ones out front is out there & I'm not sure but it looks like there might be a lift or 2 in at the main dock. :scratch: I don't think they had any lifts in use last year though. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
seen a post on IDO from a guy that said he lives a block from the intersection of 2 and 169. said he didn't notice anything different yesterday then any other normal opening weekend of fishing!!!!

curiosity is getting the best of me...…….I may need to drive by the horseshoe chain.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Quite a few boats fishing in front of Bowstring Shores this morning but the boats are constantly moving which isn't a good sign. It had to be a cool morning on the water but a least the wind stayed down.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a chilly wheeler ride down to that NW access ~bout 9:30-10 this mornin & they were parked a 1/4 mile or more up the road. I counted 31 trucks & trailers by the time I got to the ramp. Stopped for a bit to see how many of 'em were  :fishing: out front & had to park the wheeler 'cause they were puttin in & takin out so often. Bet 5 maybe 6 rigs in the 15 minutes or so that I was there went up or down the ramp. That many there, I'd say it's a safe bet that there were another 100 rigs at the 1 on 35 & the 1 on the south shore. :crazy:
« Last Edit: May 05/09/20, 01:15:32 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite a few boats fishing in front of Bowstring Shores this morning but the boats are constantly moving which isn't a good sign. It had to be a cool morning on the water but a least the wind stayed down.
When at the access the 1st boat behind me went in but next 1 was a smaller(16') Lund that was beached on the north side when I got there. He was the 2nd boat & comin out as he had his limit already. A lone younger guy from GR, chatted with him a bit & he said 8' with a jig/chub was the ticket for him. One more went in & then somebody got dropped at the dock, they were leavin. Not 1 walleye for them & lots of hammer handles. :crazy: :confused: