Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635577 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 5 trucks & 4 empty boat trailers at the resort this AM
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Stopped at the North access on our way to the Bstore this mornin ~ 8:15 & it was already almost full. They've put some posts in along the drive in to try to keep 'em from parkin everywhere. Now it's gotta be tough for 'em to get as many rigs as they did unless they park along Co Rd 35.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You ever go out yesterday???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, our gear is not in the water yet. Could've went out with the neighbor though, but pretty chilly.  :cold: Maybe mid-week as it's 'sposed to warm up, 60's, by Wednesday or Thursday here.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother talked to mom, said they got 28 of them little snot rocket slimers yesterday. 3 guys. Kept 2 walleyes and 2 had to go back to long.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Friday nite I got a call from a cabin owner and tonight an email from one telling me they bent the DNR fisheries ear. :smoking: :smoking: hope a few more do. Looks like my letters are working. :dancinred: :blues brothers: :rocker;

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cool: It can't hurt but that's still the easy part IMO. They would still have to get the project approved, probably by someone in St. Paul & if they do 1 I'm sure there are quite a few more in the area that are in a similar situation. With all the CV19 crap goin on, I'm wonderin what that's done to even their usual routine. :confused:
« Last Edit: May 05/11/20, 07:46:42 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sorry: I'm not tryin to rain on your parade just my POV. I can put myself in your shoes & I'd be :banghead: too if it was our lake & thought that they weren't going to be of much  :help: turnin things around. :tut: :pouty: :doah: :sad: You must've :scratch: been pretty  :angel: to those other property owners :kiss: the way they're reacting to your letter. ;) :rolleyes: :confused: At least a LOT nicer than you :evil: are to most of us here a lot of the time. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh i hear ya. i understand where your coming from as those are thoughts in the back of my mind as well.

i only talked to 2 guys  :evil: :rolleyes: when i dropped off those letters.  :happy1: and as they saying goes.......if you cant dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with  :bs: :bs:!!!!!!!!

and god only knows i learned most of that here!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the guy that emailed me did say his new neighbor caught a couple small snot rockets off his dock this past weekend so some fish managed to make it. i just cant believe  there is a whole lot left after 2 consecutive years of freeze out. i measn how much time and resourses can it take to set some trap nets and just check it out???????????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree they set the nets here in ~ a 1/2 day & I don't think :scratch: it takes more than 3 guys from what I've seen. Not sure why exactly :scratch: but that seems to usually happen August or September on our lake. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: awe Jeez........i was looking at the Itasca county GIS mapping, we gotz an Iowegian property owner on the lake!!!!! :doofus: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

our side of the lake.........up on the north end!!!!!!!!! from Newton iowa??????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: So that's where all the big  :fish2: are goin?   :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: So that's where all the big  :fish2: are goin?   :nerd: :nerd:
yea i kinda  noticed there werent as many bullheads left in the lake!!!!!!!!! :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Just 1 real big 1 & he drives a Silverado. :sleazy: ;) ;D ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nobody left at the resort this morning, both webcams are really quiet too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It was still a little early for HH yday when we finished with the dock so I jumped on the wheeler. There were 5 or 6 vehicles down at the NW access but 3 of 'em were US Forest Service trucks.  One had a big tracked side by side in the back which had a large tank with some pumps on it in the box of the S X S. It looked like 6-8 of the USFS people were standing around talkin. As I was leavin I noticed they were all wearin USFS Fire Squad T-shirts. :scratch: Don't know of any fires around here but with the conditions lately they could've been out gettin ready, just in case. :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to look real hard to see if Glen's shop in GR, Terex/ASV, was even open today. :scratch: There was only 2 pickups in the lot & 1 was up front by the office. Maybe they've been shut down or could be it was just today. :confused:
« Last Edit: May 05/13/20, 06:42:30 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There is a big parking lot on the south end of the building beyond that little front lot. There are ALOT of people out that took a voluntary layoff due to the COVID thing. And there is the main employee parking lot on the east side of the building.

We found out the hard way. :confused: :banghead: :banghead: the first time we did a handbilling there we did the driveway by the office door, only to find out the main employee entrance was on the other side of the building  :doofus: so most the handbill lititure we handed out went to office people. :confused: :cheerleader: :banghead: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I've noticed quite a few vehicles by that other south entrance before. Isn't it fenced off separately even? I seen only 1 vehicle back there  & it was ~ 9 or so today when we were in the area.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I never really went back there. I know the HR lady left an went to Blandin. Don't remember a fence. They do have a building they rent and call it distribution center.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Everybody in GR was pretty busy again yesterday, couldn't even get in the door at Aldi's. They were makin people wait outside until someone came out ~ 11:30. Super 1 foods on Hwy 2 was almost as busy. Still not very many boats in town or on the road so it must've been mostly seasonal & GR residents out shopping.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the decking on the dock this morning & now I'm not sure we're deep enough.  :bonk: May try goin out another 4'. :pouty: It got pretty nice ~ 1-2 but the clouds & wind made it too cool now. Needed to come in anyhow.  ;) :drinking: ;D

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quiet over at Geiger's but just watched someone load up over at the Narrows. Looks like a 1/2 dozen or so boats on the north side of their ramp again. Most of those were there by 4 or 5 yday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
made plans to head up the weekend of June 6th............. look out fishies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fish2: :fish2: :evil:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
made plans to head up the weekend of June 6th............. look out dumb fishies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fish2: :fish2: :evil:
:nerd: :nerd:                                              :scratch: Better put some water in your boat to make sure it only comes out the hole in the back.  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: That way you'll know it still floats 'cause if I remember right it hasn't seen the water in a while.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
made plans to head up the weekend of June 6th............. look out dumb fishies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fish2: :fish2: :evil:
:nerd: :nerd:                                              :scratch: Better put some water in your boat to make sure it only comes out the hole in the back.  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: That way you'll know it still floats 'cause if I remember right it hasn't seen the water in a while.
:tut: :tut: it floats!!👍 :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You sure? Thought you only put it once last season up here. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You sure? Thought you only put it once last season up here. :confused:
Yea with my bizzare schedule last summer that's it. But it still floated when I took it to the river to fog it and run stabilizer threw it. :happy1:

Found out today motor starter thingy is fixed do I'll pick it up Monday.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was it the spring in the switch? :scratch: Probably had to put a whole new switch in though, huh?    :confused: