Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635771 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea what ever!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
one of the girls driving!!!  from Inger!!
:tut: :tut: :tut: stay outta dis. :rolleyes: :tut: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I ain't messing in those iowegians turf. :rotflmao:
Here i thought you caught  fish fish from gunners turf??  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: I did......we helped the DNR clean out a bunch...…..our limit of 10 each of them little snot rockets!!

caught the sunfish on another lake!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I hear ya Gunner, but maybe that's why he wasn't driving because he would probably still be trying to find his way back. I have my ideas where he was but he is a man of mystery.    :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Bet his wife has another word for it! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Mikey, Boober, & merc I would've gave ALL your posts a few more "likes" if I could of. :Clap: ;)  ;D ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: Mikey, Boober, & merc I would've gave ALL your posts a few more "likes" if I could of. :Clap: ;)  ;D ;D
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :doah: :pouty: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea...….that big loveable seks machine!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yea...….that big loveable seks machine!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :nerd: :nerd:
  :scratch: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well fellers I be back!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: we took 18 snot rockets out of gunners lake Thursday. And a few more out of bowstring later that day. Caught alot of small ones to small to keep on both lakes.

Friday we headed to lake Z and scored big time on nice sunfish. I haven't been on the lake since high school. Sat we hit a lake north of talmoon on hwy 6. Caught and released about 20 pike. And only one was over 26 inches.
Come back & take all you want 'cause there was no June lake assoc. meeting this year so there should be plenty. That's the 1st meeting of the year,usually close to a 100 people there & we have a fish fry. So there's 6-8 of us that catch & clean 60-80 of those hammer handles for it every year. I did notice early on that there seemed to be quite a few more of those 10-16" ers than usual this year.  :sad:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  i found another lake i'm  gnna work on too.........but yea i'll be back!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Where'd you put in? :scratch: LS bridge? Normally that's where you  :fishing: too, right? Near the channel where it comes into our lake? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Where'd you put in? :scratch: LS bridge? Normally that's where you  :fishing: too, right? Near the channel where it comes into our lake? :confused:
if the water is high enough we put in at the DNR access across from the anchor inn, if its low then at the anchor inn. I've put in on big sand once.

yea we fish little sand mostly. troll that west shore, and there is a point that comes out by that channel we work. we also like to go through the channel and work that shoreline back and forth up to the resort over there. 

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Back from the north land. Ended up with 20 walleye, didn't try for anything else and really didn't fish that much so it was pretty good fishing. Got the most close to Gunner but not on his lake. Drove over to the access  by you Gunner and it was the first time I ever saw jugs of water exchange there for bait. Cool idea the lake association came up with. Other than the wind and skeeters it was a great trip. Lots of people around the area also.     :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Merc did you run into Gunners AIS buddy!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

So you caught a pile of roughfish huh!! :rotflmao:  good to hear ya finally found a few fish. Not afraid to admit by it I suck at walleye fishing.

SHUT IP BOAR..... AND ANYONE ELSE.  :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Merc did you run into Gunners AIS buddy!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

So you caught a pile of roughfish huh!! :rotflmao:  good to hear ya finally found a few fish. Not afraid to admit by it I suck at walleye fishing.

SHUT IP BOAR..... AND ANYONE ELSE.  :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:
:shocked:                                                :evil: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY MERC............... got an update on that little ranier lake and the fence. my coworker is down for our meeting tonight. he said his kid went over there to fish the lake. the gate was open, they put a little john boat in and wasnt even finished parked and some lady came down jumping all over them about tresspassing and not being allowed to go out there. after a back and forth with its this and that and her saying they pay taxes on that, apparently they got to fish. guess they caught a little bit of everything, bass, crappies, sunfish and pike.

i'll call my friend Swill, he is good friends with Fairbanks, the CO in the area, actually there neighbors now, his  kid talked to him but not his area. he cant understand why they keep fighting over this as its been going on for a long time. anyway he gave him the name and number of the CO who's area that is. per Fairbanks people should be able to access the lake from that point. could be interesting, i may have to get over there and see if i can wrestle up a little fun!!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY MERC............... got an update on that little ranier lake and the fence. my coworker is down for our meeting tonight. he said his kid went over there to fish the lake. the gate was open, they put a little john boat in and wasnt even finished parked and some lady came down jumping all over them about tresspassing and not being allowed to go out there. after a back and forth with its this and that and her saying they pay taxes on that, apparently they got to fish. guess they caught a little bit of everything, bass, crappies, sunfish and pike.

i'll call my friend Swill, he is good friends with Fairbanks, the CO in the area, actually there neighbors now, his  kid talked to him but not his area. he cant understand why they keep fighting over this as its been going on for a long time. anyway he gave him the name and number of the CO who's area that is. per Fairbanks people should be able to access the lake from that point. could be interesting, i may have to get over there and see if i can wrestle up a little fun!!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Hey glenn, which one of them has that newer house up on the hill that sets kind of by itself? There's a nice pretty new glass boat & a RV in the yard a lot too. That Fairbanks or your buddy? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that is Mr. Fairbanks and his wifes.  and he is right across the hwy from the know meth manufacturer/ dealer!!!! :rolleyes:  just moved there in the past year or so. my buddy is the next driveway north, the tar driveway that goes up at an angle in the woods with the bronco sitting on top of the hill.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
that is Mr. Fairbanks and his wifes.  and he is right across the hwy from the know meth manufacturer/ dealer!!!! :rolleyes:  just moved there in the past year or so. my buddy is the next driveway north, the tar driveway that goes up at an angle in the woods with the bronco sitting on top of the hill.
:scratch: So, how do you know about the guy across the road?  :tut: :rolleyes:  :doah: :evil:  Just kidding ;), must not be the sharpest dude if everyone knows what's goin on, so he'll end up gettin what he deserves. Been wonderin too if'n you ever hear from that old grouchy dude in Willmar? :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope not a word. A while back he posted on lake state fishing, about it.

My coworker and his wife told me about the guy and I watched law enforcement raid the place once.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, I talked to one of my buddies up there this winter. He used to be on the township board and he said they have been fighting this for years. He then said the guy gas way more money than brains so he has his lawyer doing all of the work. Fence went down once but back up again. It's irritating but there are much better lakes in the area to fish so I guess he can have his little lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Merc, I realize that but it's a lake I want to go to again and noone should limit access.  But I can live without going there to I suppose.

Probably why I want to go to it again. Kinda the forbidden fruit thing!!🤪  :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/21/20, 09:30:02 PM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, where is sand lake lodge from you?? There's a guy from Iowa going to be staying there the same time I'm going to be up the week of the 27th. He Is over on IDO. GOING to try and meet up with him one day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's on the south shore of the main lake, kind of close to where the river comes in.  :scratch: Sure, some guy you've never met & your gonna get together with him on my lake :bonk: :doah: I'm up there all the time & the only time you come around is when I've got somethin you want. :rolleyes: :banghead: You going over by boat or drivin? It's not the easiest place to get to by car, do you know where Rainbow Rd is?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey you putz..........i've visited without expecting anything!!!!!! :tut: :pouty: :rotflmao:
gonna drive and i'll bring my nuivi........i'll find it. i googled it so got a good idea..just go down past your place towards 46 watch for signs.

besides.....its your turn to visit!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but your probably having problems staying away from Inger!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :nerd: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rolleyes: :doah: Yeah once but that's 'bout all!! :mooning: :nerd: :nerd: You know the curve there by that place where they usually beat the drums after they've caught you  :evil: sneakin around the village at night, turn north there, that's Rainbow Rd. :doofus: It's a ways back there. Besides, ALL the female natives I seen last trip were always smilin, even grandma, after you left the last time :sleazy:                                                  ;) :laugh: :laugh:   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rolleyes: :doah: Yeah once but that's 'bout all!! :mooning: :nerd: :nerd: You know the curve there by that place where they usually beat the drums after they've caught you  :evil: sneakin around the village at night, turn north there, that's Rainbow Rd. :doofus: It's a ways back there. Besides, ALL the female natives I seen last trip were always smilin, even grandma, after you left the last time :sleazy:                                                  ;) :laugh: :laugh:   
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: