Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635684 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a feeling it was gonna rain once Glenn went north.. :cheesy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, that's a pretty safe bet ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: & round 2 tonight. Seems like the weather hardly ever cooperates with his plans for up here. :crazy:  :scratch: :doah: The radar showed almost all the yellow/orange/red sliding just south of us last night. I took a quick peek outside already & didn't see much for wind damage with .9" in our gauges.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Started to look like rain again yday about 4 or so but all we got here was a few sprinkles.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:pouty: Yea we had an inch. When I got there Friday morning there was 4 and a half inches in the gauge.

Oh yeah ... I'M BAAAACCCK. :sleazy: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rolleyes: :whistling:                                                                                                                               

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Friday we hit lake Z. did well on sunfish. kid took them for a fish fry he does. he got a little red so he didn't want to spend much more time on the lake. we trolled around are lake had some strikes and he caught one 25 inches that went back.

I went and got my brothers rider and brought a 4 wheeler over to a guy that lives not far from I deer hunt to look at. got the dock section all put together,

while trolling we had an incident. there was a pontoon pulling a skier or something. he gets all bent and tells us to get  further away. I was a good 30 yards from them, veering away and behind him. he told me skiers have the right away. I told him to go have sex with himself amongst other things. so he decides to take a run right at my boat wide open, surved and circled us. he was so close behind me I think the propulsion of the prop affected my daredevil. what an  :moon:hole!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah what an AH!!! Fishing has the right of way.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I would have done the same and would have gotten his boat numbers to report him maybe... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy:  :bonk: :banghead: Man that's  :bs: :tut: :thumbs: :pouty: I might think :scratch: hard about what mike said & give Mr Fairbanks a call to see what he thinks of the whole deal. :doofus: Was it 1 of your neighbors?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't call him a neighbor, but Yea he is north of us 5 or 6 places down. I thought of it but up there unless it's really bad sometimes it's best to leave it die.

I checked, there from Maple Grove. Now I really don't like to clump all citiots together cause there are good ones, but if you get my drift..... :evil:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I wouldn't report some idiot like that either. Never know what would happen while your gone. We had an incident many years ago up there and lets just say we built a new cabin.      :angry:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't call him a neighbor, but Yea he is north of us 5 or 6 places down. I thought of it but up there unless it's really bad sometimes it's best to leave it die.

I checked, there from Maple Grove. Now I really don't like to clump all citiots together cause there are good ones, but if you get my drift..... :evil:
Well 1 good thing :rolleyes:, at least it wasn't THE neighbor that you get along with. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Well 1 good thing :rolleyes:, at least it wasn't THE neighbor that you get along with. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

didnt know i had a neighbor i get along with!!!!!!!! :moon: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

didnt know i had a neighbor i get along with!!!!!!!! :moon: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just gotz an email from our highly respected DNR.......... :confused: :doofus: :crazy: zebra mussels have been confirmed in bowstring lake. :pouty: :pouty:

that dam gunner!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning: :pouty: It was only a matter of time, a little surprised :scratch: it took this long actually :huh: as it can't be much more than 2-3 miles on the river between 'em. :confused: Must be gettin close to 8-9, maybe even 10 years since they were 1st discovered in Sand. Seems like there's not been near as many of 'em in our lake the last couple years & that's kinda what the DNR says usually happens. They level off after the 1st 6-7 years to what the lake can support. Is Peterson next? :scratch: :rolleyes: :doah: Hope not!! :thumbs:
« Last Edit: July 07/29/20, 11:41:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there's no fish in peterson to have people come over to fish on it!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You caught a BIG  ;) nord on it last time up you said, so there's 1. :tut:  :nerd: :nerd: So you were  :fishing: it. :doah: Looked it up & the zeebs were 1st reported on Sand in the Spring of 2013 on a dock that had come out of the lake the fall before.
« Last Edit: July 07/29/20, 01:22:35 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You caught a BIG  ;) nord on it last time up you said, so there's 1. :tut:  :nerd: :nerd: So you were  :fishing: it. :doah: Looked it up & the zeebs were 1st reported on Sand in the Spring of 2013 on a dock that had come out of the lake the fall before.
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :doah:

i was further assessing the situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard some people over at Riley's talkin 1 time & they were sayin that there's 1 REALLY BIG sucker that's been seen up there. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Can't catch 'em though. :rolleyes: :whistling:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard some people over at Riley's talkin 1 time & they were sayin that there's 1 REALLY BIG sucker that's been seen up there. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Can't catch 'em though. :rolleyes: :whistling:
yea my brother comes up once in a while  then sneaks back to wisconsin!!!!!! :moon: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of Riley's, we stopped over there on a Tuesday(8/21) & the door to the bar was locked but there was a delivery truck backed up by the door where you go in to eat. Before we could go in & see what was going on a couple of young guys came out & said John, the owner, told them they were closed. My brother rides his bike over that way & sometimes does the loop around the lake, he didn't see anyone there for the next few days but merc's hangout ;) was busy. :scratch: So 1 day he asked Chris at the Bstore & she said that they'd had somebody test positive for the virus so they had  to close.  :thumbs: :pouty: Luckily it'd been since when Sis/BIL were up last, 2nd week of June, that we'd been over there. :crazy:
« Last Edit: July 07/30/20, 11:39:55 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Check out the new "birdfeeder cam" at the Narrows sometime, lots of hummingbirds whenever I take a peek. :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
managed to get some fishing in whlist i was up there. all catch and released. played a little on our lake, trolled for some gators.......got 1 a foot long!!!! :rotflmao:

talked to a new cabin owner for a while. he is from Milaca. he liked my letter. :rotflmao:

onthe way up wed nite i stopped and visited my friendly CO. he said the fisheries people sent him as an FYI my letter. he chuckled.

hey gunner.......whats with the huge tent at rileys for????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No idea what's up at Riley's, brother rode his bike over there on Friday & he said there was a few people there so they must be back open. If I was to venture a guess :scratch: I would say the big tent is part of the new protocols they have to follow in order to open again after havin someone test positive when they were open earlier :doofus: We had a BIG ASS storm here last night about supper time & now have 5 trees down in our yard, I'm guessin the winds must've been 50-60+ mph & we had 3/4" of rain in 20-25 minutes. Most of which came in 10-15 minutes. We were the only ones on the bay with power last night when we went to bed. The gennie was still runnin ~ 12:30 when I was up but by 4:30 it had shut off. 1 tree along the shoreline caught a little pc of the SW corner of the cabin. At 1st glance it looks like only minor damage to the gutter in that corner & nothin, can only see 1 shingles that's a little dented, too major. There are 3 trees down out by our boat shed however, 2 of them just uprooted from the wind but 1 got snapped off. The smaller uprooted tree is leaning against the west side of the shed but the other 2 trees are MUCH bigger & layin across the entrance to the shed so we can't get my brother's car out now. Luckily it looks like there's no real bad damage out there either. Gonna be a day to get reacquainted with our chain saws. I have no idea :scratch: how bad the north end of the lake was  but..................................................... :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
glad all are safe!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Be careful Gunner!  I would give you a hand if I was closer to you. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No idea what's up at Riley's, brother rode his bike over there on Friday & he said there was a few people there so they must be back open. If I was to venture a guess :scratch: I would say the big tent is part of the new protocols they have to follow in order to open again after havin someone test positive when they were open earlier :doofus: We had a BIG ASS storm here last night about supper time & now have 5 trees down in our yard, I'm guessin the winds must've been 50-60+ mph & we had 3/4" of rain in 20-25 minutes. Most of which came in 10-15 minutes. We were the only ones on the bay with power last night when we went to bed. The gennie was still runnin ~ 12:30 when I was up but by 4:30 it had shut off. 1 tree along the shoreline caught a little pc of the SW corner of the cabin. At 1st glance it looks like only minor damage to the gutter in that corner & nothin, can only see 1 shingles that's a little dented, too major. There are 3 trees down out by our boat shed however, 2 of them just uprooted from the wind but 1 got snapped off. The smaller uprooted tree is leaning against the west side of the shed but the other 2 trees are MUCH bigger & layin across the entrance to the shed so we can't get my brother's car out now. Luckily it looks like there's no real bad damage out there either. Gonna be a day to get reacquainted with our chain saws. I have no idea :scratch: how bad the north end of the lake was  but..................................................... :confused:
:angry2: :confused: :confused: UGH............ that sucks to hear!!!!!!!!!!! i wont be up again for a while?????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went up to Fish Tales to eat & there were a couple spots along 46 that had trees down. 1 spot down by Dixon Lake Road had quite a few bigger pines layin in the ditch. Nothin on Nextdoor from the north end but there was 1 really big pine down across 35 right up the road from us, just this side of the curve. They brought in an excavator with a tree grabber & a couple trucks to deal with that 1. Brother said that the chain saw dept at L & M was pretty busy today too.
« Last Edit: August 08/10/20, 08:07:48 PM by Gunner55 »