Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635305 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Be careful Gunner!  I would give you a hand if I was closer to you. 
Actually it wasn't too bad yday  :happy1: :cool: as we only did as much as was needed & that was just to clear it so we could get in the boat shed. We kind of had to put it in idle until we heard back from insurance company anyway, which was as soon as they opened. Then we just cut those 2 in front of the big shed in 5-6 pcs & put a rope along with the BIL's truck to 'em to drag 'em out of the way, took ~ 2 hours. Needed a few things, so into GR by about noon. We heard from the Adjuster around 5, so we'll have to touch base with him this AM. Might just wait 'til we can get somebody with a skid steer/tractor over here & have them just haul/push them to the woods instead of cut em up a bunch more. Brother just told me it was straight line winds that went all the way to Chicago & some places clocked winds up to 100 mph. :crazy:
« Last Edit: August 08/11/20, 06:02:58 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
gunner...........what kind of trees are they??????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i might know someone who would use the wood if your just gonna push then off into the woods to rot????

they would appreciate them cut and split of course!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: since you 2 have nuttin better to do with your time!!!!!! :shocked: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: If this guy is just off Co Rd 29, he can have 'em for a $100....................................................... a tree! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: If this guy is just off Co Rd 29, he can have 'em for a $100....................................................... a tree! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
naw this guy is off dallas road and down dallas trail!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
naw this guy is off dallas road and down dallas trail!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: I think I know this guy :scratch:, I've been by his place a couple times & I thought the sign there says Dallas Lane :confused:  ;) :laugh:. That's what google has on the county map too but he probably doesn't even know it 'cause he's totally off his rocker. :crazy:                                     :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Trust me, I've called that brother worse. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Gunners in for some more stormy wedder. And I ain't anywhere close. :moon: :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Gunners in for some more stormy wedder. And I ain't anywhere close. :moon: :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:
Your name is still on a sign up there, ain't it? :scratch: :doah: Close enough! :banghead: :bonk:                                                            ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :rocker; :campfire: :kingscourt:well I just got an email from resident of the cabin lake.  :sleazy: looks like prodding and voicing my opinion did some good !! :bow: the guy said the DNR was out yesterday and today checking the lake. Said there where plenty of nords and crappies if the real little variety, like this year's spawn.

They found no sunfish or bass and where going to check with there boss about putting some in but won't have a plan till this winter.

:USA: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The little nords will eat them like candy.  THAT is the big problem with little lakes full of hammer handles.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm  :shocked: glenn didn't badmouth the Mn fisheries people!! :crazy: Next thing we know they'll be on his Christmas list. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I'm  :shocked: glenn didn't badmouth the Mn fisheries people!! :crazy: Next thing we know they'll be on his Christmas list. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
there already added to my Christmas card list!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
there already added to my Christmas card list!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
  :scratch: :doah: Oh.........................................they're gonna want more than a card!! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well the job isnt complete yet, so...................................

i cant believe they havent sent me an email that they did this yet!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :bonk: Yeah, I'm sure your at the TOP of their list  :tut: ;)  :doah: just not the 1 your talkin about. More like  :crazy: :mooning:                                   :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:               

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey MERC, Been up there lately??? Just wondering if hwy 6 north of Talmoon is still closed??

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :popcorn: :whistling:                                                                                 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:popcorn: :whistling:                                                                               
:pouty: :pouty: yea yea.....i been busy all day!!!!!! see its still closed. :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I came back Friday after staying a week at Arcadia on Big Turtle and they are working on it but have a stop light set up for one lane traffic. It's rough for about a mile but there are no detours set up. And fishing was not good either but on the bright side we didn't run out of beer.     :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I came back Friday after staying a week at Arcadia on Big Turtle and they are working on it but have a stop light set up for one lane traffic. It's rough for about a mile but there are no detours set up. And fishing was not good either but on the bright side we didn't run out of beer.     :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1:

i'm beginning to think that there is a correlation between not running out of beer...........and fishing not good!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have to agree with you on that one.      :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
this morning i sent my friends at the grand rapids fisheries an email thanking them for taking the time to go over and do a survey of the lake.

this afternoon i recieved a very nice and detailed reply.  :happy1: :happy1: think we are buds again!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :shocked:                  :happy1: :cool:                     :scratch: See it doesn't hurt being a nice guy.   ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 08/24/20, 10:16:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :smoking: :sleazy: well fellers.........i'm back!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: got there tuesday afternoon. did things, cleaned up twigs, feed the birds, drank beer, had a fire.

wed went to Noma lake...got 5 nords i kept, lots of little sunfish.
thurs........to windy to be on a lake by myself, so cut, split hauled and stacked wood most the day. of course had a few beers.
fri.......went to the lake couple miles up the road that froze out. made 3 laps trolling and caught 15 little nords. all from 10 inches to 15 inches. actually quiet surprised. wife and son and granddaughter and her boyfriend got there in the evening
sat.......went to secret sunfish lake.........took a while but i found them and got a nice bunch. had fire.
sun....again to windy to go fishing. granddaughter and her friend went over to the little lake by us got and released 7 7 sunfish before they said it was to windy. then things happeneded!!!! :confused: :confused: granddaughter started the gas grill and it blew a flame. singed her eyebrows but was ok. later after supper, wifey and i went to bed, they decided to go for a 4 wheeler  ride. they came back all wound up, my son hit something and over the top he went. and off to the deer river hospital they went. they got back at 3 am. he just stopped and showed me the stitches in his lips. pretty ugly.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG Glenn, you guys hit it hard up there.  Lip stitches????  That is a new one for me.  Must have hit something with his mouth.  Must have me Del at a bar.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Thanks for the update.  Sounds like fun.  Or most of it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my!!!  glad all are good!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG Glenn, you guys hit it hard up there.  Lip stitches????  That is a new one for me.  Must have hit something with his mouth.  Must have me Del at a bar.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Thanks for the update.  Sounds like fun.  Or most of it.
Yea he has sticthes in his upper and lower lip. And down his chin a bit. He also thinks he has a concussion. Says his head hurts like hell.

Guess he had to get a blood test cause he was driving a 4 wheeler.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Sounds like they might've been movin a little too fast to me. :tut: :bonk: :doah: Lucky it wasn't worst. :crazy: :pouty: