Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635601 times)

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The guys I know are from Foley. Actually the one I know the best lives in Albany but is from Foley.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The guys I know are from Foley. Actually the one I know the best lives in Albany but is from Foley.
they don't happen to own the place up the hill from the store do they??? I tend to stay away from the fence area, they have it posted pretty good.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If your talking about the place that had junk everywhere and no trespassing signs by his driveway. He said they bought that a few years ago I believe. I drove in there a few years back, scary. Big dogs and signs everywhere. Haven't been back since they got it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea think that's one of the places. I was thinking the one with the big pines. When we'd come in from hunting I would drive by real slow to see how many deer were hanging. Some years the did good others not so much.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Catfish like sunnies and bluegills.  Down south where it is legal they even use them for catfish bait.  They fit in the catfish's mouths perfect.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just took a peek at the williams narrows and geigers web cams........no snow from what i see!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
change of plans.....Glenn's headed north tomorrow after dentist appointment instead of friday morning!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :toast: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so if Glenn is going tomorrow when are you going??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You do have permission don't you Glenn?  When are you required to be back??? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, permission granted. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: no timeline to be back. I like this retirement thing!!!👍

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so if Glenn is going tomorrow when are you going??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:confused: :scratch: :scratch: you been at happy hour already., :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
just took a peek at the williams narrows and geigers web cams........no snow from what i see!!!!
From Hill City north on your side of the road ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: there was a little in the ditch & the edge of the woods. Record highs up here today, GR had 72* & Bemidji was reporting even higher. HH here was out on the driveway.  :happybounce: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :scratch: :scratch: you been at happy hour already., :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
only 2 beers buddy!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You do have permission don't you Glenn?  When are you required to be back??? 
:scratch:  :doah: I'd be willin to bet that this is 1 of her favorite weekends of the year & that she stays home on this weekend just about all the time. :evil:  :shocked:          :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                 
« Last Edit: November 11/04/20, 06:30:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't bother me what she does. She's not having issues what I'm doing. :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: YOUR NO FUN!!  :sleazy: :swords:  :banghead:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor & his kid were up Friday so I went over to say hi. They said that they'd just seen on FB where the resort had finally been sold. Health concerns for her was the major factor from what I heard.
« Last Edit: November 11/10/20, 11:03:08 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is nice out in the woods today. :sleazy: not sweatshirt weather like over the weekend but  :happy1: :happy1:.  Haven't seen Sasquatch yet either. :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is nice out in the woods today. :sleazy: not sweatshirt weather like over the weekend but  :happy1: :happy1:.  Haven't seen Sasquatch yet either. :confused: :rotflmao:
:scratch: This nice?: https://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=40307.msg361150;topicseen#new   :sleazy:  :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
« Last Edit: November 11/10/20, 05:40:48 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So no deer for the green retired guy eh? see anything glenn? you need to hurry,bang you're buck,get back on mno to protect yourself,the natives are restless. ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  He's used to it snow :doah:, if'n we were all nice to him while he was gone he'd probably think we were all really PO'ed at him.  :rolleyes: Besides I've tried that & it doesn't work!! :tut:  :pouty:                           ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 11/11/20, 08:17:14 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey all you fellers that live up in the northland, have any of youz driven by any smaller lakes lately??? is the ice forming? when i left the cabin last monday morning it looked like the whole lake was iced over except the deep hole across the lake where the creek is. not sure what the temps or wind could of did after i left?? :scratch: :scratch:

i just looked at the geigers and williams narrows cams, there is some ice on the narrows cams and was actually surprised what i saw on the geigers cam, appears there is ice on bowstring as far out as i could see??   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The river is pretty much frozen shore to shore.  There are still some open spots but they are pretty small now.  The bays on the lake are frozen up too I have read. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No chatter on Nextdoor about ice up on Sand yet & it looks like there's a lot of open water to the west at the Narrows but that gets hit by the NW wind pretty good along with the current there it probably freezes up kind of late most seasons, I would think. Geiger's wouldn't work for me the 1st couple times but I finally got it to go & it almost looks  :scratch: like there's a good sized spot of open water not far off their shore. Really hard to tell with the angle/glare of the sun this time of day though. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the cams, looks like they got a dusting of snow up there and there is definetly ice on bowstring. look like the narrows made ice too in areas from yesterday!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
by the looks of the cams, it made some ice up nort!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The lake assoc. has kept track of lock up on Sand since it began & from I remember normal for us is ~ the middle of December. Seems like there were a few years where it was the end of Nov- early Dec but not many, more years where it was a bit later as I recall. I'm sure it's been cold enough up there, now if only the wind & snow leave it alone.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: Checked it out on the association's website & according to that the avg ice up since '95 is ~18 or 19th of November.