Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 636340 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked both cameras yday mid afternoon & it looked like there was a bit of melting goin on up there to me. :scratch: :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Big change at the Narrows today, it was just a couple small spots that looked kinds slushy in front of Gieger's landing yday & I can't tell how they are this mornin as there's too much glare.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Big change at the Narrows today, it was just a couple small spots that looked kinds slushy in front of Gieger's landing yday & I can't tell how they are this mornin as there's too much glare.
i would say, looks like it opened up a lot at the narrows.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey gunner...........would the people at the bowstring store have any good intel on ice thickness on the smaller lakes????? thinking of giving them or the store in talmoon a call???

i am hearing that the small lakes are fishable with adequate ice. :scratch: :scratch:
« Last Edit: December 12/04/20, 08:58:55 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure!! Tim & Chris know a lot of the locals & have a good idea what's goin on up there most all the time. I know 1 of their sons likes to spear & I wouldn't be surprised :scratch: if the other 2 do too. I wouldn't hesitate to give 'em a call if I were you. Good people!!
« Last Edit: December 12/04/20, 12:20:30 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's 832-3123 in case you don't have it handy. They actually have a website now, that's news to me. Oh & that's 218, you know. :doofus:                    ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 12/04/20, 12:21:02 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got there number in my phone. Talked to my union brother, buddy that lives next to my game warden buddy  :nerd: :nerd: he doesn't see an issue with ice on the smaller lakes. Him and his kid are going out this weekend and will let me know Monday

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm not sure when to go up. Thinking Monday but not set in stone. If I go I will give an update when I get back. The guide from Rapids took a drive on the 2nd and saw people on Lt. Ball Club, Bow, Moose and a few smaller lakes he said. The lakes I plan on hitting had ice at deer hunting so I'm not worried about getting on them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
loos pretty foggy up there according to the cams and looks as though they had a dusting of snow.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Heading up tomorrow. I will report when I get back. Thinking Thursday but I'll see.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Heading up tomorrow. I will report when I get back. Thinking Thursday but I'll see.   :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: good luck bud!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, the cabin has been in a trust for a long time with my brother and myself listed. Mom has talked about moving all the bills etc to us for a while. lately the conversation has gotten more serious.

so with my brother back with moms medical issue we have had conversations. looks like this week mom and i are going to the bank to get our names on the cabin checkbook and starting in Jan all the bills will be transferred to us!!!!!!

she was pretty vigaliant in keeping track of expenses so we both know about what it costs to keep the cabin going s that helps. as time goes and ATV'S and boat come due for renewal she will also be transfering titles to us.

as much as i sometimes want to slap my brother upside the head  :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'm thinking this will go pretty smoothly.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck!!   :happy1:
thanks, for several years now we've been kinda taking care of it anyway. think she is having a hard time losing that control!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: many years ago dad instututied a rule if you use the cabin it costs you X amount per day to throw in the kitty, a bit more in the winter. we still plan on doing that. its a hellofa lot cheaper rates then a hotel or renting a cabin. a 4-5 day stay might cost ya 25-30 bucks!!!! us ncluded.

we had a friend that had no problem doing it, then all of a sudden threw a hissy fit, saying who charges for going to someone elses place...........needless to say she's never been invited back. noone else we've had up there has an issue with it.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
so, the cabin has been in a trust for a long time with my brother and myself listed. Mom has talked about moving all the bills etc to us for a while. lately the conversation has gotten more serious.

so with my brother back with moms medical issue we have had conversations. looks like this week mom and i are going to the bank to get our names on the cabin checkbook and starting in Jan all the bills will be transferred to us!!!!!!

she was pretty vigaliant in keeping track of expenses so we both know about what it costs to keep the cabin going s that helps. as time goes and ATV'S and boat come due for renewal she will also be transfering titles to us.

as much as i sometimes want to slap my brother upside the head  :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'm thinking this will go pretty smoothly.
:scratch: Wonder how often he felt the same way!! :confused:                     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ours was the same until we built new in 2013-2014 then things had to change for the bank. Mom's name had to come off in case she went to a nursing home, we signed over all our shares as collateral on the new financing but are now listed as having a lifetime lease with my brothers name on the deed. Everybody has 1st right to buy the others out if for some reason either or both would want out.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Wonder how often he felt the same way!! :confused:                     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: Yea but he knows better. :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
as the date gets closer, i'm getting more antzy........kinda hinted to momma about leaving sunday now.........she said see........ya!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

so who da heck am i to argue!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  :bonk:     So.....................you were hopin she'd say she didn't want you to go that early? :sleazy:                                  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it opened up some at the narrows yday, 'specially to the west.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:crazy: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  :bonk:     So.....................you were hopin she'd say she didn't want you to go that early? :sleazy:                                  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:               
nope.  :rotflmao: got the exact answer I was looking for. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a text from my union pal up north. He talked to my CO friend. Said the 3rd river is doing well. Said he seen a wheeler out on gunderson yesterday but doesn't recommend wheelers yet??? :shocked:  :scratch:

Pretty convinced he gotta say that. :rolleyes: :coffee:
Getting pretty bored, I'd say there's a 99.5% chance the truck is getting loaded today. :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: December 12/08/20, 12:48:46 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Narrows has opened even more again this morning.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just called the bowstring store as well as the talmoon spur.

Bowstring store.... Said Jessie and bowstring had 8 inches of ice. Little jessie isn't safe yet. The gal I talked to wasn't advising wheelers, but from what see said she wants a foot in dec before she goes out. Said Tim would say ok for wheeler.

Talmoon spur... For them having little turtle out there back door, they didn't know much. She said 5-6 on little turtle and there are wheelers out. Sha also said she heard 4 inches on bowstring. :pouty: :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris his wife, maybe? :scratch: Seems like they go to town on Wednesday a lot when we're up there. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Could a been?? :scratch: she didn't sound like a teenager.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They do have 1 local older lady that works for them & she works during the week when they go to town most of the time. I'm thinkin it was probably her.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Do they have a son named Scott?? I heard her ask what I think was Tim, if this Scott said anything about ice thickness???

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know what their boys names are but they do have a group of 3-4, maybe even 5, guys who meet there for coffee a lot. They're almost always there on Sunday when we go for a paper & I think 1 them is named Scott.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow geiger's must of upgraded there webcam. Really nice picture. No new snow though.