Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635420 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
geigers cam is back up!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to the new neighbor again Thursday as he was headed back up on Friday. He was wondering if we were going to be around & he told me that the new owners at Lakewood have that webcam back working at least part of the time. Tried it this morning though & notta. Wednesday for us probably.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to the new neighbor again Thursday as he was headed back up on Friday. He was wondering if we were going to be around & he told me that the new owners at Lakewood have that webcam back working at least part of the time. Tried it this morning though & notta. Wednesday for us probably.
maybe i'll get the TV there for your arrival!!!!! :smoking: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

seriously though have you heard from anyone up there about the lake conditions with the slush??? some of the webcam pictured dont look purty!!!!!! and i dont think its been cold enough for it to freeze!!!! :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Him & his boys were up New Years weekend too & he said conditions on the bay were pretty nice then. Just his wheeler & his portable goin out but it was so nice he didn't even use his tent. There's 'sposed to be 6-8 of 'em up there again this weekend too. Probably give him a shout before we head up as he said he was headed back home mid-week for a few days just to fill him in on our plans. See what he says.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I caught him on his way home yday ~3. He said 12" of ice most everywhere with a little slush on top. No problem going anywhere with his wheeler. A lot of people out again last weekend, most are using Lakewood's access.
« Last Edit: January 01/12/21, 07:02:04 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner is either still in Inger  :sleazy: :rotflmao:, in bed or cleaning out our road into the cabin. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Judging by the cams it doesn't look like they got a whole lot of snow. :happy1: but the lakes look awefully wet. :pouty: :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got word from my informant up by deer river they had 4 inches of wet snow.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the Ranger out on the lake, slush everywhere, must be from all the warm weather?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the Ranger out on the lake, slush everywhere, must be from all the warm weather?
whereabouts you at.  Don't worry I won't horn in. I know how to find fish. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
A little north an east of Park Rapids.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A pile of lakes up that way!!! :happy1: good luck!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked Geiger's lately? Quite a few, 6-8, wheelhouses on the ice out front early Friday & Saturday. There must've been 6-8 maybe even 10 vehicles over at LL this morning when we went for a paper too. Nobody parked in the CR 35 access today, 5 or > out front :fishing: though. As many as 8 out here mid afternoon yday too. Most of them were back out there again by ~ 9:30.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked Geiger's lately? Quite a few, 6-8, wheelhouses on the ice out front early Friday & Saturday. There must've been 6-8 maybe even 10 vehicles over at LL this morning when we went for a paper too. Nobody parked in the CR 35 access today, 5 or > out front :fishing: though. As many as 8 out here mid afternoon yday too. Most of them were back out there again by ~ 9:30.
yep this morning I looked.

So what are YOU waiting for  :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Them to leave so I don't show 'em where they're at. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: No hurry anyway 'cause we're not goin home anytime soon, besides I got fish! :tut: :mooning: :pouty:
« Last Edit: January 01/17/21, 04:09:30 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Gunner, are they driving out from the north access on Bow? Thanks, going up this week.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont know why but i gotz a hankerin to head to winnie next trip up!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not a bad idea Glenn, it's been years since I fished it. Every year I say "one of these days I will try it again" but it doesn't happen. But one of these days.     :laugh: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they are merc.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tim was workin over at the Bstore yday & I ask him if he'd met the new owners over at Lakewood yet. He said not yet & then he added that he hopes they have some $ of their own to start with. He said when BShores sold last season($2.2 mil) the bank wanted $1 mil down so they could afford the payments & I heard they got $ 3 mil for LL. :crazy: Your favorite waterin hole has been sold too merc, according to him.
« Last Edit: January 01/18/21, 08:40:37 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tim was workin over at the Bstore yday & I ask him if he'd met the new owners over at Lakewood yet. He said not yet & then he added that he hopes they have some $ of their own to start with. He said when BShores sold last season($2.2 mil) the bank wanted $1 mil down so they could afford the payments & I heard they got $ 3 mil for LL. :crazy: Your favorite waterin hole has been sold too merc, according to him.
NO SHEET.............hayslips is sold!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm glad it got sold as I was worried it would close down after Dave passed away. It will be weird going in and having a different person behind the bar after all the years of Rick and Dave being there. I figured he would come down in price until it sold.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a bad idea Glenn, it's been years since I fished it. Every year I say "one of these days I will try it again" but it doesn't happen. But one of these days.     :laugh:
i just might pass on winnie this time around. i've heard 2 reports today from people that went there....walleyes and perch are running small............i might just activate the GPS on Mercs vehicle to find his spots on bowstring!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

at the moment i dont have really alot of faith in the tires on my truck but it does sound like its pretty easy to get around with a truck in the lakes!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01/18/21, 02:31:16 PM by glenn57 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You GPS screen will look lake a plate of spaghetti. Lots of spots marked on mine but the fish are never in the same spots. A few years ago I fished it there was an eagle sitting on the ice so just for the heck of it we stopped and had our limit in 30 minutes. Never got a fish there since. Last time up a raven was on the ice and we stopped, nothing. That proves eagles are smarter than ravens.     :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Been checking these http://www.jeffsundin.com/Minnesota_Fishing_Reports_and_Outdoor_Links.htm every now & then. Bumped into him a few times over at the NW access.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I might have to stop at that wheezy outdoors and have a talk with them about not posting on the forums. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Hey Merc, you ever go out of giegers or fish that way?? Can you tell me anything about them??

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much decided somewhere around the weekend of the 26th headed north. Look out my brudders gonna be there to  :sleazy: :smoking: :evil:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Pretty much decided somewhere around the weekend of the 26th headed north. Look out my brudders gonna be there to  :sleazy: :smoking: :evil:
:scratch:  WTH today is 1/20/21 so 1/26/21 is a Tuesday! :doofus: :confused:  :bonk:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:  WTH today is 1/20/21 so 1/26/21 is a Tuesday! :doofus: :confused:  :bonk:
my bad, the 29th 30th in that area. :confused: for some reason this retirement life has my days and dates all mixed up. :rotflmao: