Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635423 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just peeked at the 10 day & from next Thursday on & the next 7 days looks pretty good. Light winds & 20-25* everyday. Hope they're right!!  :happy1: How long you plannin on stayin this time?  :confused: We might  :scratch: have to get together, maybe even a little :fishing:.   :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just peeked at the 10 day & from next Thursday on & the next 7 days looks pretty good. Light winds & 20-25* everyday. Hope they're right!!  :happy1: How long you plannin on stayin this time?  :confused: We might  :scratch: have to get together, maybe even a little :fishing:.   :cool:
think i'm gonna head up the saturday before super bowl weekend........that looks like when the weather will be ok, or nicer. i'll probably head back the friday or sat of super bowl weekend.

my plans at this point is to head over to gunderson for a couple days with the spear shack. try for crappies on peterson, maybe a day or 3/4 of a day on bowstring????

yea i could get into getting together one day.  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, I  have gone through  Geigers a bunch of times. Nice people, they will try to send a person in the right direction. Last year I tried Bowstring Shores, also very nice people. I hear there are some drifts on Bow that are tough to get through. There last report was a few perch and walleye being caught but the crappie fishing is slow. Hopefully next week I will get up. Last two weeks didn't work out.    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Thanks merc.  Not sure why but I like going off the 35 access head to the left and sit out in front of this blueish green house and houseboat. :mad1: try to find about 20 ft of water. We got some nice crappies there once, and if course caught 2 nice out of season eyes. :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to the new neighbor ~ 10 this morning, he's got an appt next Thursday down there & plans on heading up early that afternoon. Sounds like his youngest is coming up this weekend & planning on checking out Winnie through Highbanks. I told him that Geiger's was letting the big houses & trucks out there too.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The north end has always been best for us over all and that's where I come off of if possible. We normally fish deeper like 26 to 30 feet. Perch we have to be shallower. The last couple years have been tough, got a few but slow.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the one  time i did well over there i think i found 25 ft of water??????????

so Merc if you find the fish but an X in the snow!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 A yellow X?  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I took the sled out on the bay for a quick lap yday & came across a couple spots that looked kinda slushy. Never seemed to affect my ride but I didn't stop & check 'em out either. Told Chris that I'd been out here & down to the NW access & that it looked like quite a few where out on Bowstring. She said that's a popular place to go out but went on to mention that there was still issues with slush in some places so travel was limited some.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man iffin the weather channels forecast is anywhere's close..........these next few days should take care of alot of slush!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Wish you'd quit your  :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: about the slush so it'd warm up a little! :cold:   ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah just checked the 10 day for us & they've got -17 & -10 for tonight & tomorrow night. The chance for some snow on the weekend has increased too, especially on Saturday when it warms back up to the upper 20's.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brrrrrr... Just got an alert on my phone for up there. Wind chill advisory. 30 below wind chill expected tonight. Think I'll snuggle up to momma a little closer tonight  :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Brrrrrr... Just got an alert on my phone for up there. Wind chill advisory. 30 below wind chill expected tonight. Think I'll snuggle up to momma a little closer tonight  :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

if she lets ya!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Best leave the bean soup & egg salad alone then. :oops1:                                  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: get with my good looks and charming personality why wouldn't she!!!👍

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rolleyes:                                   ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Gunner, how much snow is in the lakes, and land?? From the cams it doesn't look like all that bad??!

I texted our plow guy last night, giving him the option of he felt it needed to be done but haven't heard back from him yet.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so Gunner what day yea thinking of maybe hooking up to do a little fishing????? i'm going up saturday morning. sunday and monday i'm spearing gunderson, tuesday am i'm gonna probably set up my spearhouse on the little lake behind us. anytime after that i'm game for anything. sand bowstring????????// :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor told me we had ~ 10" on the ground/ lake before we came up & I think he was pretty close. We've had 6-6 1/2 " since so we're pushin 15-18" now & it's crusty. Our wheeler/plow won't handle it very well in the areas we don't usually plow since we don't have chains on it. I will be putting chains on it before it goes on the ice or I'll be using the sled. The neighbor's 'sposed  to be comin up Thursday & I'm thinkin we'll probably go out here sometime this weekend. See how we do & game plan from there. We should talk Monday or Tuesday sometime. You still got our #? Why don't you PM me yours too?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
found out the plow guy cleaned out the road in. :happy1: :happy1:

now i just hope i can drive the truck on the lake !!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We put the chains on the Grizzly this mornin. :happy1: No trucks out here since we've been up, just wheelers & sleds. Neighbor said there were some New Years weekend though.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the lakes by the cabin i,m not worried about, there i'll use the snowmobile or wheeler........i'm concerned about the 2 days i go to gunderson!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went over to Geiger's yday afternoon, 15" of ice & not making a lot of ice due to the snow on the lake is what the owner said. He said it would be safe for the neighbors wheelhouse but he recommended unhooking his truck so there wouldn't be so much water after drilling holes. His plow truck had just broke so he wasn't in the best of moods. Told us to call him if/when we got over there today as he might be back out plowing & he'd tell us where he suggest we set up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went over to Geiger's yday afternoon, 15" of ice & not making a lot of ice due to the snow on the lake is what the owner said. He said it would be safe for the neighbors wheelhouse but he recommended unhooking his truck so there wouldn't be so much water after drilling holes. His plow truck had just broke so he wasn't in the best of moods. Told us to call him if/when we got over there today as he might be back out plowing & he'd tell us where he suggest we set up.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

brother is on his way up now and i'll be headed up tomorrow first thing!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/28/21, 09:43:13 AM by glenn57 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dress warm...

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/inger-mn/56636/current-weather/2087716
:rotflmao: piffle........thats sun bathing weather!!!! :rotflmao: accuweather...i could give a better forecast!!!!!! :confused: :doah: weather channel and NWS says the lowest low is 2 above and lowest high is 22 for the days i intend to be there!!!!!!! :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/28/21, 09:59:40 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
His youngest just hooked up to his wheelhouse & headed for Highbanks. It sounded like they plan to stay until at least early Sunday. See how it goes for us today, we may even head that way tomorrow.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
His youngest just hooked up to his wheelhouse & headed for Highbanks. It sounded like they plan to stay until at least early Sunday. See how it goes for us today, we may even head that way tomorrow.
most everything I have read about winnie is small perch and walleyes.  :scratch: but ya never know.