Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635913 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dress warm...

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/inger-mn/56636/current-weather/2087716
:rotflmao: piffle........thats sun bathing weather!!!! :rotflmao: accuweather...i could give a better forecast!!!!!! :confused: :doah: weather channel and NWS says the lowest low is 2 above and lowest high is 22 for the days i intend to be there!!!!!!! :happy1:

Ya, yer always pi$$ing on someone's leg and telling them it's raining!  :doofus:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well..........i'm baaack!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :nerd: :nerd:

got there friday, got my stuff done and headedout to the little lake by us. brother was out spearing........i chased crappies/ got 3 brother got a pike.

saturday headed to gunderson...........what a disappointment.....access wasnt plowed and i didnt want to chance going in there all alone with a trailer behind. snow is pretty hard. went back to the cabin and set up on cabin lake........what an effin mess...... :confused: :angry2: slush.......slush........and more slush. i seen 2 places where the snow was sunk down where it looked like water was coming up.  seen 2 fish. brother speared a 12 lber and doinked another on the head.

sunday more slush, the little lake didnt have any we came across. took spearhouses off by noon and hit the crappie hole. we ended up with 20 crappies and 2 bass.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Geiger's on Thursday with the neighbor's wheelhouse, didn't want to get any further off their road than needed because of the snow. Didn't see any slush or many fish either. Winnie & Highbanks on Friday,  :crazy: busy before noon, more fish but all were small except the pout. Out here yday pm just sittin on buckets, all little ones here too. Bowstring had 16" of pretty good ice, Winnie had 17" of good clear ice where they'd plowed spots, didn't check it here but there was quite a bit of slush. There has been a pickup comin out of the resort the last 3 days though.
« Last Edit: February 02/01/21, 04:31:24 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn Gunner............hope ya got alot on long johns with ya.......... :doah: looking at the weather outlook on the weather channel for up there, starting friday nite i only see one day with an above 0 temp......and that is 1 above for a full week.

JB & LPS might have to put on 2 pair!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am a good ole Norwegian. I don't need no long jons.  :nerd:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I am a good ole Norwegian. I don't need no long jons.  :nerd:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They were good enough for ol' Casey Jones...

Valkin' in my vinter undervare!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have light ones and thicker ones.  I put the light ones on in November and wear them until April.  I do warsh them now and then.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If it's that cold & I need to be out in it very long I just slip on my ice fishin bibs. Easier than long johns for me.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bibs here too.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys ain't  :bs:'ing me. When you talk bibs, your talking the bib so you don't dribble on your shirt. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sorry Dotch dared me. :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we have seen your shirts!!!  bibs won't help!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we have seen your shirts!!!  bibs won't help!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:mooning: why do you think I don't use them. :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Bibs here to when I am outside and it is really cold. To wear long jons here at work would be way to warm inside all day.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Have to agree JB, way too warm inside with long johns on. Besides my bibs are usually on a hook right by the door to the garage this time of year anyway.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

Yesterday at 03:36:43 PM Reply #3
Online Gunner55
Email  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Super bowl menu

:happy1: Had a little of that yday at their buffet in GR. Hadn't been in there since they remodeled.”
So, Gunner, is their full buffet open like it was pre-COVID times?  Every time I drive by, I’ve wondered when that was going start back up. I noticed Country Kitchen has a sign out that they’re open. They flat out shut down for a while without even takeout.
Sammys has done a nice job on the remodel/expansion.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :cool: Yeah, looked like business as usual to me other than the seating arrangements. There was a box of the gloves that food prep people often wear in the middle of the buffet by the plates along with a sign urging people to follow the state's directive & wear them when getting their food too.
« Last Edit: February 02/06/21, 08:21:42 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty quiet on the cams this morning for a saturday!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite a few people around though, as Riley's was busy for HH yday. A lot of locals but not all, 2-3 groups on sleds, kitchen was busy too including quite a bit of carryout.
« Last Edit: February 02/06/21, 11:44:40 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 There's a black pickup & 2 Eskimo portable shelters out on the bay since ~ noon. :crazy:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a black pickup & 2 Eskimo portable shelters out on the bay since ~ noon. :crazy:
Is that not good ?  :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for them :scratch:, yeah. Sane maybe not! ;) :laugh: It's hard for me to enjoy doing much of anything outdoors when the WC is -40.   
« Last Edit: February 02/06/21, 03:21:03 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sure has been quiet on the cams lately. one thing i've noticed on the narrows cam there hasnt been what i would assume is the spearhouse out in front all year like it was last year?????????? :scratch:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Geigers posted they have 21" of ice now and he has nine miles of roads on the lake. A tad cold to go now. Probably wait till March for my next trip.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Geigers posted they have 21" of ice now and he has nine miles of roads on the lake. A tad cold to go now. Probably wait till March for my next trip.
yea me too. more then likely next time for me is the perch thing on winnie.......unless my wife drives me crazy!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
sure has been quiet on the cams lately. one thing i've noticed on the narrows cam there hasnt been what i would assume is the spearhouse out in front all year like it was last year?????????? :scratch:
It was out there pretty close to it's usual spot early on, then we had a little warm weather & it was gone. The Narrows started lookin pretty iffy then too, don't think :scratch: the shack even made it a week. This was all before we came up on 1/6.
« Last Edit: February 02/11/21, 10:33:04 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the silicone on the auger's primer bulb did it's job as there was no leak & it popped right off yday. :happy1: :cool: I'll give it another look :scratch: before we go to town next & even then I'll grab a replacement, if L & M still carries 'em.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot quieter @ Riley's yday, did look to be 2-3 vehicles over at the resort by ~ 3 though. No activity out front yet though. :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the guests over at the resort out on the bay to me :scratch:, been 4 portables & a couple pickups out there for about an hour now.