Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635659 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i called and talked to my former coworker earlier. he said he has to go out every 15 minutes or so. he has laying chickens....he manages about 2 eggs a day that arent froze solid!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/21, 04:03:06 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A Wind Chill Warning is in effect from 6 tonight until noon tomorrow for Sand Lake TWP. They're talking WC's as low as -60. :crazy: Just an WC Advisory, -35*, from noon tomorrow 'til noon Monday according to TWC. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the cams....... a bunch of wheel houses must be out. not many parked by Geigers this morning. but holy moly that landing looks like it took a beating.  :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite a few on the road between Mosomo Pt & Princeton yday too & that was from ~ 5:30-8:30.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like some activity at the narrows this morning!!!!!! still amazed at the amount of bare ground is showing up there. looking at the forecast.....sure hope the ice stays decent for the perchapalooza!!!!!! :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's starting to look pretty iffy, I just peeked at the extended forecast from TWC & after tomorrow & Monday I didn't see 1 day below 32*. A little more than week of March in the mid 30's but that's all, the rest were 40* or higher. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's starting to look pretty iffy, I just peeked at the extended forecast from TWC & after tomorrow & Monday I didn't see 1 day below 32*. A little more than week of March in the mid 30's but that's all, the rest were 40* or higher. :scratch:
i looked at that too!!!!! :confused: :confused: depends on the low temps and cloud cover. but......aint looking promising!!!! :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not 1 house in sight in front of Gieger's this morning early. Been over there on the wheeler a few times & it looked like a few may leave theirs there year around though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea that parking spot has been empty since friday evening pretty much. i havent looked yet, more interested if they got any snow???

just looked no snow!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: all right by me!!!! there's a truck out in front of bobbers bar at the narrows.........yesterday there was a group out to the left. there not back so they either didnt get any or they got the limit????????
« Last Edit: February 02/28/21, 09:22:54 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, doesn't look like it to me. :scratch: Radar I seen showed it staying  a little SE of Duluth even. Got CS on my homepage for TWC & it had a big red WWA for you earlier. How much you get?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, doesn't look like it to me. :scratch: Radar I seen showed it staying  a little SE of Duluth even. Got CS on my homepage for TWC & it had a big red WWA for you earlier. How much you get?
a good 4-5 inches. still in the driveway too!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just looked at the cams up there.....doesnt look like the geigers landing took to bad of a beating...........yet.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Overnight temps close to 30* for Saturday-Tuesday see how it is then. :scratch: Cooler after that for a few days though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
landings seem to be holding up.........for now!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the closer it gets.......the more i think i wanna leave tuesday.......... :pouty: :pouty: the wifey has an appt in rochester that tuesday, her granddaughter is taking her  :dancinred: :dancinred:, but i figured i'd stay home till she got home.......then i got dogs i dont want kenneled up all day either!!!!!! :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
checked the cams, watched a truck come off bowstring at Geigers.......he hesitated a bit but drove off with no issues. looks a little wet on top....but i've seen worse.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a couple things change & it's lookin like we might head back up Wednesday night/early Thursday. Some rain fcasted then but 'sposed to stay warm, we'll see. Might :scratch: even be able to make Nodaks then :happy1: :cool:, at least 1 day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a couple things change & it's lookin like we might head back up Wednesday night/early Thursday. Some rain fcasted then but 'sposed to stay warm, we'll see. Might :scratch: even be able to make Nodaks then :happy1: :cool:, at least 1 day.
I knew you couldn't resist seeing and fishing with me. :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew you couldn't resist seeing and fishing with me. :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll:
:rolleyes: :bonk: :banghead: I get my fill of you :doah:, in fact I'm startin to understand why your wife does some of the things she does!!  :crazy:              ;)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Would be nice to meet the others though.  :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/21, 08:39:25 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: might have to make a trip to bowstring......i'm hearing rumors!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to the new neighbor on Tuesday & he was back home. He was up the last weekend of Walleye & took his house home with him. He said Geiger's had on their FB page then that the crappies had started biting. They mentioned something about having something goin on with Lakewood Lodge too, he wasn't sure what they meant with that.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/21, 08:50:34 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to the new neighbor on Tuesday & he was back home. He was up the last season of Walleye & took his house home with him. He said Geiger's had on their FB page then that the crappies had started biting. They mentioned something about having something goin on with Lakewood Lodge too, he wasn't sure what they meant with that.
I seen that, ran into a guy I worked with, his family has a place north of talmoon. The lakewood thing was big sunfish  :happy1:

Been watching the cams, the giegers landing seems to freeze up pretty good overnight. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Great just what we need, a crowd comin & cleanin out all the nice sunfish. :bs: :doah:  Those 9"+ sunnies are pretty rare most places. :sad: The overnight temps have come down from when I checked 'em last.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/07/21, 09:29:02 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good updated report. :happy1: I'm way fine with wheeler access less clowns on the lake. :happy1: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got chains on yours? :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good read gunner,  we'll hafta keep an eye that this week.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wifey just showed me a post highbanks had on facebook with perch being caught. also had a picture of there road but not the immediate landing as a pine tree was blocking it. dint look to bad yet considering there on the east side ofthe lake and the sun hits there shoreline pretty good!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Geiger's ramp is pretty wet & a little beat up lookin now.