Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635384 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i see open water on the narrows cams this morning!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That on the west side was there Sunday but it's ~ double now but the stuff in front of the  :fishing: pier is new.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Heading up for one last ice trip. Got my little late season lakes to hit. Normally they produce late ice but who knows. Hopefully ice holds out till after the weekend.    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a pickup out here on Saturday, it came out of the resort. Still a few wheelers goin out, think I'll try it this afternoon too. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Made it out yday PM & couldn't reach the bottom of the ice with the handle on my scoop. Shoreline over at the neighbors was still pretty good too. Warmup comin though starting ~ Thursday or Friday from what I hear. Couple little nords & some 4-5" perch was about it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gunner, when was the last time you went out of your place??

read Jeff Sundins report earlier........looking or sounds like the ice is going south. i may take the hound for a drive this afternoon around the lakes!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tuesday afternoon, shoreline over at the neighbors was still good when I came off ~ 4:30. Tried to check the ice depth but the tape I had didn't work very well. I couldn't hook the bottom of my hole with the handle on my scoop though & that's about 18". When I cut my holes it didn't act like good clear ice though. Yeah, I seen Sundin's latest report yday.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went out again yday pm & even left the bay to check my spot across from the PA. Couldn't find the crib up there as I had a different GPS. Had to of been close though. I did find 15" of what looked like almost all good clear ice, it was closer to 14" in our bay.  The shoreline between us & the neighbor is starting to go as there's some bulrushes there. Must've been a dozen wheelers :doah: :sad: out on the hotspot broadcast by the new resort owners when I came back in the bay ~3. I won't be real disappointed to see that come to an end, might be today even. Oh yeah, tiny perch & 4-5 maybe picklers.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went out again yday pm & even left the bay to check my spot across from the PA. Couldn't find the crib up there as I had a different GPS. Had to of been close though. I did find 15" of what looked like almost all good clear ice, it was closer to 14" in our bay.  The shoreline between us & the neighbor is starting to go as there's some bulrushes there. Must've been a dozen wheelers :doah: :sad: out on the hotspot broadcast by the new resort owners when I came back in the bay ~3. I won't be real disappointed to see that come to an end, might be today even. Oh yeah, tiny perch & 4-5 maybe picklers.
:confused: yea some things should be kept quiet.

so one thing i dont understand.......if its the DNR'S intent to rid lakes of all these little 22 and under snot rockets.........why dont they keep the season open year round???? its not like a lot of people keep them anyway!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
checked the cams up there.....pretty quiet. but then again i coulda told them there where no fish in bowstring...........or it was Gunner's fault!!!!!!  :confused: :smoking: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Not at Lakewood, neighbor came up yday ~ 5 & he went over to the resort to get some ice last night. He said there were 18 guys in the lodge :drinking: & they had a pile of :fish2:. The neighbor thought they could've even have been over their limit. :scratch: :doah: They've been splitting into groups & fishing different lakes. He was told they'd been  :fishing: Bowstring, Third River, Little Cutfoot & here mostly. Only seen 2 go out late afternoon yday here & 3 wheelers went out early today but they came back in ~ 10 after the wind picked up some more.                 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder how or when they went to the third river?? :doah:

Jeff sundin report yesterday said the forestry service shut down the road dixon's use??

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Seen that too. Said he'd heard that also. :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Most of the crew stayin at the resort was back out here by ~ 5 yday again. Pretty windy without a portable, hard to tell if you had a bite. Think a lot of 'em were here by late Thursday so they may be headed back home today, we'll see.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Most of the crew stayin at the resort was back out here by ~ 5 yday again. Pretty windy without a portable, hard to tell if you had a bite. Think a lot of 'em were here by late Thursday so they may be headed back home today, we'll see.
the sooner they leave the better, right!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :evil:

starting to get the itch again,  :pouty: but would like to wait till the lake is ice free. :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: No sign of 'em this morning, neighbor said he let the dogs out ~ 7 & they were loadin up then. Sounded like all they really did out here yday was :toast: & pretend they were  :fishing:. Did find a couple Wisconsin pickups at the 35 access this AM, they were 25-30 yds out front with an auger. Seen 'em on 35 going east on our way back.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just looked out across the bay & we have open water on the NW side as there are 3 pelicans swimmin over there right now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the webcams.......there's getting to be quite the puddle at geigers......lot of open water at the narrows.......and that ice is looking dark.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Light rain since ~ 5 here, that'll speed up the process. Ice out could easily be 2 weeks ahead of last year IMO. :crazy:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Got back from our last ice trip of the year and it was a very good trip. We fished for crappies the first day and quit at 20 as that is what we wanted between the three of us. Yesterday we fished sunnies and quit at 30 as again that is what we wanted to take back. Caught a lot of fish with a lot of sorting but we were not bored as the bite was pretty much constant. We had 14" on the first lake and 17" on the other one. With the rain forecast this week it should be over but my last two trips were really good fishing wise. Ready for open water.      :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got back from our last ice trip of the year and it was a very good trip. We fished for crappies the first day and quit at 20 as that is what we wanted between the three of us. Yesterday we fished sunnies and quit at 30 as again that is what we wanted to take back. Caught a lot of fish with a lot of sorting but we were not bored as the bite was pretty much constant. We had 14" on the first lake and 17" on the other one. With the rain forecast this week it should be over but my last two trips were really good fishing wise. Ready for open water.      :happy1:
you forgot to mention what lakes. :shocked: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think he forgot.....   Just sayin!!!!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The lakes by my cabin that you don't fish.    :fish2:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The lakes by my cabin that you don't fish.    :fish2:
I could start. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :evil: and don't say little turtle. :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not Little Turtle but I don't really want to throw the names out on the web as we had the lakes all to ourselves this trip. But I do share names in private, especially when I have a few beverages in me.       :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Was just rassing you.  :happy1: your good, I know lakes too!! :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't look like there's much melting goin on here today except maybe down at the little bridge. Got to be 50-75 yds of open water down there. I'd think the rest should be gone in the next couple days.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: looks like that Jeff Sundin gave up on his reports!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple wheelers out on the bay ~ 3 today. Another vehicle over at the resort today too so it's probably them.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
something tells me the water on geigers cam at there access id no longer just water on the ice anymore?????? :scratch: