Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 636333 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No they weren't but they were almost $20 for Toivo's Rueben that you liked & that was almost 2 years ago.   :doah: So I just figured they'd be more expensive now, with a drink & a tip $25+. :crazy: Oh wait, the Union was buyin then too.  :evil:    ;) :laugh: :laugh: I agree on Sammy's, we've ate there a couple times this year. We tried the China Buffet last trip too but all they had was takeout yet then. So................................how long before she wants to know when your leavin again, 1 week or you gonna be good. :scratch: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/21, 10:44:28 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: that rueben is worth every penny, I'd even fork out my own cash for it. :mooning: we ate at the china buffet last nite, was  completely open with buffet. Said it opened April 1.

Oh yea back home, and wax home 45 minutes and she already asked when I was going back up  :confused: :pouty: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so in other words things are all normal back home!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so in other words things are all normal back home!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yep, guess so!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We stopped twice @ Grand Buffet between 3/11 & 4/14 for lunch & there was a sheet of plywood covering their entrance with a window cut out of it. They were taking & handing out takeout orders through the window & that was it. So there was no dine in at noon then, evening maybe.  :confused: The only way I'm ordering a $25 Rueben is if your buying!! :shocked:       ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: We can get a nice steak or even prime rib for that down home. :crazy:
« Last Edit: May 05/03/21, 03:46:19 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Noticed Thursday when I made the corner to head to the cabin, hayslips is advertising a Friday nite meat raffle.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I think the new owners started that when they took over as we heard of it when we came up after New Years. Sounds like it's been a big draw for them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I think the new owners started that when they took over as we heard of it when we came up after New Years. Sounds like it's been a big draw for them.
:happy1: I might have to check it out sometime. :sleazy:

When I went to grand rapids Sunday, I went up 38, Richie's looks pretty quiet yet??? That place used to be popular, especially during snowmobile season.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was in there a few times, never that time of year though. They used to be busy around Memorial Day & the 4th of July too. Live music, volleyball/softball tourney's.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure from your posts if you know, but Ritchies hasn’t been open for quite a few years. I heard it was sold a while ago, but don’t know the story on whether it was going to reopen or not. Probably not a hard decision in the last year and a half.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew it's been closed for some time but :scratch:.................................................you never can tell about that other guy. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure from your posts if you know, but Ritchies hasn’t been open for quite a few years. I heard it was sold a while ago, but don’t know the story on whether it was going to reopen or not. Probably not a hard decision in the last year and a half.
yea i know its been closed, and i heard once it was sold. its been a long while since i went by Riches and kinda surprised it looked vacant yet.

man during the winter that was a snowmobile mecca.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was out of a computer for a while, I crashed it. Got it back up and running. Your right about Richie's being a hotspot during snowmobile season. On weekends there would be 50 plus machines there at times. I knew the owner and all the bartenders there very well. It was sad to see it close. The last I was told is that the new owner is using it for storage. To open it would have to get new septic, electrical, plumbing, roof and a lot of other building repairs. Times change but there is always Hayslips yet plus the T-wolf so I will survive.    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Been home since a little after 2, the Grand Buffet was open for dine in at noon today. They must be starting to open some of the government campgrounds too :scratch: as the 1 along the Mississippi by the dam just west of GR had 6 trailers in it when we came home today. That place must be really popular as it looks full almost every time we go by from May 'til the end of October. :crazy:
« Last Edit: May 05/05/21, 04:02:45 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Been home since a little after 2, the Grand Buffet was open for dine in at noon today. They must be starting to open some of the government campgrounds too :scratch: as the 1 along the Mississippi by the dam just west of GR had 6 trailers in it when we came home today. That place must be really popular as it looks full almost every time we go by from May 'til the end of October. :crazy:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: what!!!!!! :tut: you thought i was pulling your leg on the china food place?????? :confused: :pouty: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No!! :mooning: Just because it's dine in at night doesn't mean it's the same at noon.  :rolleyes: :doah: Again :pouty:, we were there on the 14th of April & there was no dine in at noon!  :tut: They told you they opened back up on 4/1, was it strictly carryout then or was it dine in at night then too? :confused:
« Last Edit: May 05/05/21, 05:21:23 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't tell me nuttin, just what I seen on the sign they had up

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: Forgot to mention they're working on Mn 6. Detour signs at the shortcut intersection & barricades up at the next 1, seen it on MNDOT before this trip but don't remember :doofus: what they're doin. May want to check it out before you come back up.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I am seen the signs going up and going home. It was supposed to start the day I came home but I went through before they closed the road.

Couldn't quite figure out the detour route though. :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
detour doesn't look to bad and only till about June 18th.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Last time I was in Ritchie was probably seven years ago or so when we were spending some time on Little Bowstring. Bunch of drinkturds in there that day. Turned out I knew a couple of them indirectly. The warden wasn't too impressed. :-)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
detour doesn't look to bad and only till about June 18th..
Yea I looked at Mndot. Think I found a detour around the detour. :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Just another year of closures,  like you guys I have around six different routes one can take when the orange barrels come out.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I thought when I looked at it last it said it would be most of the summer. :doofus: :bonk:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Geiger's webcam was back up last weekend.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Geiger's webcam was back up last weekend.
:happy1: yea i looked at it this morning too!!!!!!! :happy1: sure looks nice up there.  maybe i need to come up and change that!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen 'em putting a lift on the north side of their dock last night about 6. Sure looks like they are out another 20' or so from last season to me. :scratch: No change for us, yet. Lake is down a bit since I raised our dock just before we went home but we've had no rain to speak of, that I know of, since early April.  :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: Geigers cam is AWOL again!!!!!!! :confused: checked the narrows and bowstring shores cams.....a few boats out and about. cant really see much on the lake to see how many are out, but the narrows parking lot was pretty full!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 TE's just worked for me & checked The Narrows too, looked like a parade there almost. :crazy:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Geigers cam has worked for me all morning. Must be operator error.     :laugh: