Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635924 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the wheeler down to the Bowstring access yday after lunch & found only 6 rigs parked on the road goin in. Last year they were parked almost 1/2 way up to Geiger's road. Had 2 units pullin out too, asked 1 if they had their limit already & they said a couple hammerhandles is all they seen. On the other hand the neighbors wife said they were parked on Mn 46 by the bridge over @ Mosomo Pt. I seen a lot of  :fish2: out in 18-20 fow with a soft bottom yday myself, most were were suspended betweem 10-18'. :scratch: :confused: Surface temps are pushin 60* already & with the forecast they could be close to 70* by next week. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
gunner......are you talking the access by geigers or the one on 35???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother's fishing report.

Pretty slow, a few walleyes and bunch of northerns.  My guess he was on little sand lake.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the wheeler down to the Bowstring access yday after lunch & found only 6 rigs parked on the road goin in. Last year they were parked almost 1/2 way up to Geiger's road. Had 2 units pullin out too, asked 1 if they had their limit already & they said a couple hammerhandles is all they seen. On the other hand the neighbors wife said they were parked on Mn 46 by the bridge over @ Mosomo Pt. I seen a lot of  :fish2: out in 18-20 fow with a soft bottom yday myself, most were were suspended betweem 10-18'. :scratch: :confused: Surface temps are pushin 60* already & with the forecast they could be close to 70* by next week. :crazy:
  :bonk: :doofus: Not enough coffee yet yday or too much :toast: & :campfire: on Friday?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Wheeler? Geiger's? :tut:  :bonk: :banghead: Talked to the same guy yday ~ 4:30 over there, he actually has a place on the other side of our bay, & they'd been to Winnie yday morning. He said they went all the way over to Third River for 1 walleye & that it was packed. That's a long boat ride from Mosomo Pt for 1. :fish2: :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :bonk: :doofus: Not enough coffee yet yday or too much :toast: & :campfire: on Friday?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Wheeler? Geiger's? :tut:  :bonk: :banghead: Talked to the same guy yday ~ 4:30 over there, he actually has a place on the other side of our bay, & they'd been to Winnie yday morning. He said they went all the way over to Third River for 1 walleye & that it was packed. That's a long boat ride from Mosomo Pt for 1. :fish2: :crazy:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :doah: WELL.........how am i supposed to know what you iowegians think!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :mooning:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :bs: I just contribute it to not being able to read from too much MGL ;), or being partially braindead. :rolleyes: :smiley: You've NEVER heard me say I rode the wheeler over to the CR35 access because I don't do it!!  :thumbs::mooning: :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey gunner...how are the skeeters up there????? i read somewhere they where pretty bad, especially right at dusk??????

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
They are starting to come out more with the warm weather and humidity. Not really unbearable, but headed there.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta agree with fW. Went to bury some fish guts yday morning, east of our boat shed on the edge of the woods, & they were nasty just after that rain. Out of the breeze on a warm, humid day, you'll be swattin.  :scratch: Dusk? :confused: More of a just starting to get light kind of guy. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: your Inger ladies don't clean your fish for you🥴 :scratch: :doah: I'd find new ones. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: They said they were too busy :rolleyes: as they were getting ready to go to Duluth to the Victoria's Secret store over there. They wanted somethin new to wear for the wild party they're gonna have when their boy toy :scratch: comes back up tomorrow. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                              :whistling: :laugh: :laugh:             

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: They said they were too busy :rolleyes: as they were getting ready to go to Duluth to the Victoria's Secret store over there. They wanted somethin new to wear for the wild party they're gonna have when their boy toy :scratch: comes back up tomorrow. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                              :whistling: :laugh: :laugh:           
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Won't take me long in the morning to hit the road!!! :happy1: gunner should start getting nervous about 10 am. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like you guys are in a fun area.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: when I got to the cabin this damn can coozy was laying in the yard. :confused: musta blown in from Canada! :scratch: can't believe it made it threw all the trees. Figured I'd use it then. :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
These 2 swans came to visit this morning.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: What's that thing on your dock & what's it doing? :confused: Getting ready to leave you a greeting card?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: What's that thing on your dock & what's it doing? :confused: Getting ready to leave you a greeting card?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 thats a fishing machine....well maybe its the guy in it thats the fishing machine!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  :bonk: :banghead: :doah: I said ON YOUR DOCK!  :tut: :doofus: Not next to your dock!!  :rolleyes:  ........................ OH, & WAKE UP, GLENN your obviously dreamin..................again :pouty:                               ;)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:  :bonk: :banghead: :doah: I said ON YOUR DOCK!  :tut: :doofus: Not next to your dock!!  :rolleyes:  ........................ OH, & WAKE UP, GLENN your obviously dreamin..................again :pouty:                               ;)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah: oh that.....a blue heron decoy!!!!!!! mom's idea!!!!!!!!! :surrender:

yea not enough caffine yet!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Back from my first trip and heading back up tomorrow with a different crew. Fishing was one of the best we ever had. Caught 30 walleye in 3 1/2 hours. We were throwing 18" fish back and keeping the smaller ones. The panfish were in the shallows and biting as fast as it hit the water. We needed a trip like this after the last couple years. Even with the crappy weather (thanks Glenn) we had a great trip. Hopefully we get into a few for these guys.    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Good for you, merc!! :cool: Ain't heard many reports like that :scratch:, most I'm hearin are just the opposite. :confused:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yea Gunner it was crazy. This was the 43rd year this crew has been coming up and it was probably our best year for numbers and size. We went off a point coming out in 12 feet and the fish were stacked up. We had a double on three times and I can't even count how many we missed. Hopefully they stick around for a few more days.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea Gunner it was crazy. This was the 43rd year this crew has been coming up and it was probably our best year for numbers and size. We went off a point coming out in 12 feet and the fish were stacked up. We had a double on three times and I can't even count how many we missed. Hopefully they stick around for a few more days.
Yea I'll be waiting for a pm on location, location and location!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I'll be waiting for a pm on location, location and location!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :bonk: :banghead: :doah: IT"S LAKE XXXXX, GLENN!!!!!  :doofus:                :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                 :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Big cool down & the wind went NW in the last 1/2 hour. Gettin some much need rain at the moment too. :happybounce: :party1: :dancinred:
« Last Edit: May 05/30/21, 06:55:45 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :bonk: :banghead: :doah: IT"S LAKE XXXXX, GLENN!!!!!  :doofus:                :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                 :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
:angry2: :confused: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You know where I was Glenn, the lake with no fish. Remember?    :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You know where I was Glenn, the lake with no fish. Remember?    :rotflmao:
oh yea...  :rotflmao: that one.  :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: