Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635377 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn, she was smiling at you not for you.
:tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh i could tell she liked me  :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, Merc, anyone else . What you guys seeing/ hearing about boat landings. Seeing reports of lakes like split hand it's tough getting boats in and out.

Not sure how hard we are going to fish next weekend,but......

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife just threatened me with a good time , no not that,  :confused: :tut: :pouty: so I might leave Tuesday now  :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
aww come on Glenn make her happy!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
aww come on Glenn make her happy!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:happy1: 99% chance I will be. I'll have All my things done I want done before I leave by tomorrow afternoon  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta boy!! Although I've never been at the cabin without da wife,  only chasing birds season.  What's it like??  :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Quiet, peaceful, I do what I want when I want.  :happy1: don't worry to much about meals. Usually easy peasy stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy the wife along just she don't move as good as she used to. And we don't have 200 channels and a recliner aimed at the Tv. :angry2: :surrender:

She don't have issues with me going, so.... She knows I don't go to bars up there. Can't remember the last time I had a drink in a bar up there.
« Last Edit: June 06/27/21, 07:02:12 PM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
After thinking about this more, guess maybe what I like, is no agenda, no set time to eat, do this, do that .

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quiet, peaceful, I do what I want when I want.  :happy1: don't worry to much about meals. Usually easy peasy stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy the wife along just she don't move as good as she used to. And we don't have 200 channels and a recliner aimed at the Tv. :angry2: :surrender:

She don't have issues with me going, so.... She knows I don't go to bars up there. Can't remember the last time I had a drink in a bar up there.
:scratch: Thought you said you went to Hayslips last time up!! :confused:                            :whistling:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty:  :pouty: I went in bought a case a beer, asked if and got extra drinking water and left. Never had a drink. My buddy bought his wife a tank top.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was up a week ago and the lakes were really low but most  were fine to land except for Big Bow. My buddies went to the north and the west access and could not get their boat in. That was the only lake we went to that was a problem. Walleye fishing was slower but we still managed 18 keepers between two boats so not to bad. Sunfish were biting really good so that made up for the slower walleye bite.   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty:  :pouty: I went in bought a case a beer, asked if and got extra drinking water and left. Never had a drink. My buddy bought his wife a tank top.
  :huh: :tut: I NEVER said you were  :drinking:.......................did I?  :nerd:    :rolleyes: :laugh: Just that you DO go to bars up here  :scratch: :doah: ............................occasionally, so that's just :bs: :pouty: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got word a old horseshoe pitching friend passed away up there. Ed (Emil)  Erickson. They lived just south of the bowstring store on the east side of hwy 6 right before the river

He was one of the nicest guys you could find. He let me bear hunt his property a few times. Pretty good horseshoe pitcher to, his wife Elsie was even better. I'll go to the wake, 1 pm Friday in Marcel.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Glenn.  RIP Emil.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your friend glenn!
« Last Edit: June 06/29/21, 07:49:52 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good luck and RIP

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to here Glenn. RIP
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks guys, he was 94 1/2 so he has a good run. he was in a nursing home and in deer river so he hated that from what his kids said. was one of the nicest guys you'd wanna meet and threw a pretty mean horseshoe!!!! :happy1:

well didnt do a whole lot of fishing, kid and i kept 16 sunfish for a meal. never even tried to fish snot rockets, to hot and humid the day we thought about it. kid just wanted to relax and get away from his hustle and bustle of his everyday routine.  idid do some fishing before he got up there but was all catch and release. and i released some nice sunfish.  :happy1: :happy1:

when the kid arrived he surprised the heck out of me. he invested in a portable AC unit. if it hadnt been for that i would of probably came sunday morning.. got the cabin lawn and other things in tip top shape. not sure when i'll be heading back up next????? my brother is heading up end of july sometime....by then lawn should need cutting again....his turn! :rotflmao:

Here is the unit he bought, and since Mom don't pay the bills no more, she can't bitch about the electric bill  :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/06/21, 08:36:11 AM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner or Merc, do you guys get a NIEC newspaper from up there?? Looking for a 10 ft dock section. My brother said he seen dock sections for 30 bucks. If you see anything thing like that PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's sounds mighty cheap glenn, especially with the area's current lake levels. We get the Watts News & the Shopper so I'll keep an eye out. Might be somethin on Nextdoor too. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my brother said the guy lived on bowstring  :scratch: :scratch: probably gone though??????

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The NIEC paper is only quarterly so......................probably a no go there. :scratch: Don't remember seein any when we went for the paper on Sunday, wasn't really lookin though.
« Last Edit: July 07/08/21, 04:13:27 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY Gunner........you and your lady friends over in Inger need to lighten up on the peace pipe some..........been alot of air quality alerts up there!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

if i understood the news last nite, it sounds like you cant even have a campfire of any kind????????????? :scratch: :scratch:
« Last Edit: July 07/13/21, 02:12:04 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY Gunner........you and your lady friends over in Inger need to lighten up on the peace pipe some..........been alot of air quality alerts up there!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

if i understood the news last nite, it sounds like you cant even have a campfire of any kind????????????? :scratch: :scratch:
:tut: :mooning: :pouty:    :scratch: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/forestry/fire/firerating_restrictions.html MIGHT be easier for you to understand.  :doah: :confused:           :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                     ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like you can have a fire in your fire ring.. no fireworks!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i wasnt real sure exactly what they had said as i only caught i little piece of that...............musta been busy doing dishes or something!!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

yea i wasnt real sure exactly what they had said as i only caught i little piece of that...............musta been busy doing dishes or something!!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:
:rolleyes:  :scratch: Busy or dizzy? :confused: There's only 'bout this _ much difference, you know!!  :nerd:                         ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/15/21, 05:18:03 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rolleyes:  :scratch: Busy or dizzy? :confused: There's only 'bout this _ much difference, you know!!  :nerd:                         ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We've been :fishing: right up in the weeds(10-12') for about the last week or so & gettin a few keepers. Quite a few slots too. Neighbor pulled a 22" Smallie out 10' the other night. :happy1: :cool: He made a video of him releasing it, according to a table I found on In-Fisherman it weighed ~ 6.4 lb's.  :shocked: I've caught a few around the cribs in the fall but 18-19" is my biggest, a nice fight on UL gear, but I had no idea we had 'em that big in here. :crazy:
« Last Edit: July 07/17/21, 08:22:54 AM by Gunner55 »