Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635411 times)

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was up last week fishing and the walleye bite slowed way down but we did manage a few. The sunfish bite was hot. We threw back a lot of fish between 9 and 9 3/4 inches. We kept all we wanted under that and did a lot of C and R after we had what we wanted. Great trip again, the fishing this year has been really good for us. Hope the bite keeps up for a few more weeks as we will be at Arcadia for our yearly trip with my sons family and his in laws. Would love to get the grand kids on this bite.      :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Rode over to the NW access yday afternoon & man was the bottom of the ramp green. Must've been a few hundred, maybe even a 1,000 snails floating on the surface too. Could've been some of the AIS variety  (Faucet) they have over there, I'm not sure. The lake stunk real bad too!! :crazy: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Rode over to the NW access yday afternoon & man was the bottom of the ramp green. Must've been a few hundred, maybe even a 1,000 snails floating on the surface too. Could've been some of the AIS variety  (Faucet) they have over there, I'm not sure. The lake stunk real bad too!! :crazy: :pouty:
you gotta be talking bowstring. :scratch: been on there when it was like that in the past. Yea it really reeks. :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mentioned it when we were over at the store on Sunday & Tim said he was just over to the NW PA. He pulled up just in time to see a rig coming out of the water & he said the pickup looked like it had water coming out of the doors of the cab. :crazy: :doofus: He also said he'd heard some chatter that the county had discussed closing the CR 35 one too because of the low water. So many power loading there as well so  the washout hole has become a major PITA too. :thumbs: :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just happened to read Jeff Sundins report this morning and he said pretty much the same thing that the north accesses where really tough to get boats in and out. he went in on the south access.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Usually check that too, at least a couple times a week.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey gunner, what kind of weather you guys got going on up there?? Sounds like all hell is breaking loose.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey gunner, what kind of weather you guys got going on up there?? Sounds like all hell is breaking loose.
oh yea it's Friday nite he's either in Inger or at the meat raffle at hayslips. :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
For what it’s worth on the more poverty stricken part of the neighborhood, south snd east of Marcell, lots of thunder and not much rain. Started my generator just in case because of all the warnings but nothing really happened. Everything just to the north. Sounds like better chance of rain snd possibility of severe weather after midnight.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yea it's Friday nite he's either in Inger or at the meat raffle at hayslips. :rotflmao:
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: No more than sat down around 6 at the meat raffle & it poured up there. Came home to 3 trees across the drive & no power. Checked the generator & it wouldn't start so we tried to jump it but no go. :scratch: :doah: Neighbor said when he checked his phone it said we had 70 mph winds, he also had 1.2" of rain & it must've came it in a short period the way the road looks. Chainsaws running solid here for close to 24 hrs, especially up the road. A tree on the power pole transformer up ~ 7-8 places yet late afternoon yday. Got a portable generator at L & M yday am & had it hooked up here by ~ 1 -1:30. Power was back on when we got back from Riley's last night around 7. :crazy: Heard your  :queen2: friends  :sleazy: were without power too, glenn. ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 07/25/21, 08:33:22 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad you are ok Gunner.  We had warnings here but it all went north and south of us.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wow, thats crazy. glad everything is working out.

ever figure out your generator issue??????????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered that too. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got it narrowed down to either the solenoid and/or the starter. Been too busy to get really involved. The solenoid doesn't look like it would be that hard to take out & get tested, the starter on the other hand might  be a PITA. Kind of thinkin  :scratch: that there may have been a spike/surge in power when it went down & while the generator was tryin to start that was the culprit. :confused:
« Last Edit: July 07/25/21, 09:14:03 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you have one of those whole house Generac type Gunner? 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, 20kw that starts automatically after a 30 second delay whenever the power goes out & runs on propane. Runs for 20 minutes every Tuesday @ 2:00 on a maintenance cycle too!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice!
yea Gunner has all the good stuff!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: There's no coffins with pockets  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: is what the neighbor always says so you can't take it with you. May as well spend some of it. Brother got a deal on it & it was way cheaper to have it put in when we rebuilt than it would've been after the fact. From what I understand just having the transfer panel/switch put in can run $2-3000 & ours was more like $4500 installed for ours. Not sure of the brand but it's made by Generac or GE, the 2 biggest mfgs.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear ya!!!!!!!!! :happy1: after a couple times when the power went out for days at the cabin and hotter then hell when my brother was up there it was decided  a generator would be a good investment so mom bought one. had williams from squaw lake come out and do the wiring for it. think its been used 3 times.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ours is a GE, brother put his good meter on it today. He had 13.5 - 14 volts going directly from the battery to the starter but when he went through the solenoid/relay it was more like 3 or 4 volts. He called a shop over NW of Bemidji & they are going to call us back. We were told by a friend in L & M on Saturday not to bother to call Williams in Squaw Lake as they a booked solid into next year already. :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ours is a GE, brother put his good meter on it today. He had 13.5 - 14 volts going directly from the battery to the starter but when he went through the solenoid/relay it was more like 3 or 4 volts. He called a shop over NW of Bemidji & they are going to call us back. We were told by a friend in L & M on Saturday not to bother to call Williams in Squaw Lake as they a booked solid into next year already. :crazy:
yea from what i hear he is always pretty busy. he did the power thing on schedule as he said he would.........but for some reason it took forever and 4-5b phone calls to bill us!!!!!!!! :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I see on radar and the news, gunner is getting hammered right now. 5 alerts, front tornado warning to severe thunderstorms.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I see on radar and the news, gunner is getting hammered right now. 5 alerts, front tornado warning to severe thunderstorms.

been watching that too..  hope all is good there...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:evil: he's more than likely in a basement over in Inger!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of wind & rain again for ~ 10-15minutes but blue sky by 6:45. Lights went out 3 times again, generator has started twice. The service tech was here by a little after 12 today & we didn't call 'til around 8 this morning. Took him 10-15 minutes to get it running, ended up it was just the battery. :doofus: We tried to jump it 3-4 times too but we didn't have another battery the right size to fit in there so we didn't hook up the wires. :crazy: As long as he was here we had him do some other maintenance on it to. Great guy who specializes in generators & great service :happy1: :cool: we'll be doing business again for any future issues. Clearbrook Electric is the business.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:evil: he's more than likely in a basement over in Inger!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :pouty:                                :bs: :bs: :bs: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 training-087
« Last Edit: July 07/26/21, 07:13:46 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been talking with my brother via text and email. since mom, my stepdad, myself and brother are all going to be there, my brother suggested we all go out to eat tuesday nite for all the over 80 people there. my stepdads b-day was the 24th of july, moms is aug 7th.

better yet, since my brother is the only one with a job...........he is buying!!!!!! :happy1: works for me. so its off to the Timberwolf in Marcell!!!!!