Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635330 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I was thinking about hitting that the following Friday when I'm up there?? Chances are I won't though.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to try to make it to the meat raffle Friday. Getting up there at 3 so not sure if every thing will be done in time. Hopefully get there for once.    :happy1:
:scratch: Not sure we'll make it this week as the we still have some winnings in the fridge from our scores 2 of the last 3 times there. ;D Our company is goin home Saturday so I doubt they'll want to go. Would be kind of  :cool: if we could ALL get together up there sometime this season yet though. :happy1: 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to try to make it to the meat raffle Friday. Getting up there at 3 so not sure if every thing will be done in time. Hopefully get there for once.    :happy1:
:scratch: Not sure we'll make it this week as the we still have some winnings in the fridge from our scores 2 of the last 3 times there. ;D Our company is goin home Saturday so I doubt they'll want to go. Would be kind of  :cool: if we could ALL get together up there sometime this season yet though. :happy1:
yea it sure would!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to mention the neighbor said we had .75" of rain & a bunch of pea sized hail here yday while we were in town. So much hail that the ground was white. Then we had another squall go through last night, wind & rain for 15 minutes maybe. Not sure :scratch: what we got that time but I'd guess close to another .25"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my brother should be on his way up there by now. it will be interesting to se what he says about the conditions.......... nobodies been there since i was up 3 weeks ago.

it will be nice to go up and have all the neccesary things done for a change!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I would like to do the meat raffle thing too one day. I should be back up the weekend of the 20th I believe then probably not till September. Would be great to get together.    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to mention the neighbor said we had .75" of rain & a bunch of pea sized hail here yday while we were in town. So much hail that the ground was white. Then we had another squall go through last night, wind & rain for 15 minutes maybe. Not sure :scratch: what we got that time but I'd guess close to another .25"
Neighbor said he had another .5" last night. So that makes 1.25" yday along with the inch we got over the weekend sets us at 2.25" in the last week. :happy1: :cool: While the rain was badly needed the wind & hail we could've done without. :pouty:
« Last Edit: July 07/29/21, 07:27:00 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Neighbor said he had another .5" last night. So that makes 1.25" yday along with the inch we got over the weekend sets us at 2.25" in the last week. :happy1: :cool: While the rain was badly needed the wind & hail we could've done without. :pouty:
:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :tequila; :nerd: :nerd:.          :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Must be slippin a little in your old age ;) :rolleyes:  ;D, it wasn't THAT long ago & it would've only taken a few minutes for you to :swords: back.  :pouty: Now it takes a few hours!! :doah:                          :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                                                        ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:               

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Must be slippin a little in your old age ;) :rolleyes:  ;D, it wasn't THAT long ago & it would've only taken a few minutes for you to :swords: back.  :pouty: Now it takes a few hours!! :doah:                          :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                                                        ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:               
i was a busy beaver yesterday!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :huh: :shocked:                              :whistling:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :angry2: man this really effin friggin sucks. :angry2: :angry2:

Brother just sent me 2 pictures of a big ass old pine tree that blew over, snapped off. Turns out it's the eagles nest that's been on the point by the cabin that's been there for years. :confused: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that does suck!!  hope the young birds are safe!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Brother just sent me 2 pictures of a big ass old pine tree that blew over, snapped off. Turns out it's the eagles nest that's been on the point by the cabin that's been there for years. :confused: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:shocked:                      :tut:  :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry:                                :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:shocked:                      :tut:  :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry:                                :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :doah: :tut: :tut: i've had the opportunity to watch alot of baby eagles being raised in that nest over the years.  :undecided: :undecided: i sure hope they stick around...there are other prime trees along the lake they could rebuild in. :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: That's what 70 mph winds twice in 4 days do, blow down a lot of old trees.  :rolleyes: Sometimes it even knocks down some that look healthy. :pouty: Could've been worse & had 1 hit your cabin while your inside like we did last year. :crazy:  :tut:
« Last Edit: August 08/01/21, 07:56:16 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got back about 11;30. brother had the mess cleaned up. had a dead tree somehow fall between a steel bin we have and one of our sheds. not sure how, but there's maybe 6-8 feet between the 2 and didnt touch either one. guess a tree fell on the neighborscabin but no damage. my brother contacted them and they came up to clean it up,,,,he even brought over a 12 pac of grainbelt nordeast.......not sur who's gonna drink the stuff....... :puke: but........

weather was pretty decent most the time. got pretty muggy and warm monday. did cut split and haul some firewood.

fishing was pretty good, sunfish, nords for picklin and a few over the 26 inch mark. even one walleye. fished 4 different lakes. later when i got a bit of time i got some pictures of the eagles nest i'll post. seems they havent left the area yet. i did talk to the CO i know, he was going to ask the non-game people if  thye'd put up a platform. sunday afternoon i heard them out on the lake, and monday i seen an adult and another one, think this one was a couple years old fly right over our dock. then later i watched what looked like this years juvenile sitting in the tree the nest was in!!!!!!  :happy1: hope they find a new home on the lake!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well,been home 7 hours and my wife already asked when I was leaving again. :confused: :doofus:

Think I'm getting good at this. :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tree the eagles nest was in

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nest from the lake

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nest up close and personal.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup would be nice if they stayed in the area for sure...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
One would think they would rebuild the nest in what is left of the tree.  :confused:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Read somewhere :scratch: that a lot of eagles will often have a couple alternate nests in their usual nesting area.
« Last Edit: August 08/11/21, 10:02:20 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
One would think they would rebuild the nest in what is left of the tree.  :confused:
i hope so. been really fun watching the nest from the dock with a few beers!!!!!!!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what really surprise me the most up there was that the bugs werent bad at all. except for monday when it was really humid the skeeters where non exsistent, and even monday they werent bad.

never seen a horsefly, the deer flies where around but not in attack mode like they can be. those pesty flies where the worse....but not to bad.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: A few of the others here, skeets included, but it's usually the time of day where you haven't even thought about makin coffee yet. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:               ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Most of the time it's the little black ankle bitin SOB's though. :angry2: :banghead: :taz:
« Last Edit: August 08/11/21, 10:19:39 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Looks like we just got a new crop of MN's other state bird last night. Right about an hour or so before the sun went down we were swarmed by a fresh batch of skeets. :pouty: Thanks a lot, glenn!!!! :doah: :bonk: :banghead: :taz:                                            ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: