Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635504 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: Looks like we just got a new crop of MN's other state bird last night. Right about an hour or so before the sun went down we were swarmed by a fresh batch of skeets. :pouty: Thanks a lot, glenn!!!! :doah: :bonk: :banghead: :taz:                                            ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                               
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hey....you dont think i know when its time to get out of dodge!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :scratch: NO, not according to your wife!! ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yesterday got an email from the DNR regarding burning and more restrictions. so as i read it both at the cabin AND here in cold spring you can still have a campfire as long as it is in a contained fire ring?????  of course if its gail force winds i'm smart enough not to burn, but is this how everyone reads the new restrictions???????? :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is how it sounded on the radio this morning when they were reading it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yesterday got an email from the DNR regarding burning and more restrictions. so as i read it both at the cabin AND here in cold spring you can still have a campfire as long as it is in a contained fire ring?????  of course if its gail force winds i'm smart enough not to burn, but is this how everyone reads the new restrictions???????? :scratch: :scratch:
[/quote] https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/forestry/fire/questions.html  :scratch: Can you read a map, glenn?  :doofus:        ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Looks like campfires are a no no...............'round here anyway.
« Last Edit: August 08/17/21, 09:55:00 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I reread the email again. :confused: :doah: confusing as hell.

But Yea the map is better. Sucks but whaddya gonna do  :scratch:

Thanks Gunner!! :happy1: won't be up until labor day, hope things improve. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The guy at the end of our road must not get those DNR emails, glenn, :doah: as he had a campfire goin when I came in off the lake last night a little after 8. :pouty: :tut:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: The guy at the end of our road must not get those DNR emails, glenn, :doah: as he had a campfire goin when I came in off the lake last night a little after 8. :pouty: :tut:

always one who knows better....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought if it was in a fire ring at a cabin or home you could still have a campfire.  :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought if it was in a fire ring at a cabin or home you could still have a campfire.  :scratch:
that is exactly how i read the email, but if you click on that map that gunner posted the link to it says no fires of any kind!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: thats why i said it was confusing as hell!!!!!!!

just hope we/they get some rain before labor day.my kid is coming up also and he likes his fires!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
odd, but you do need to sign up for those emails..........but still a person has to completely not watch the news or listen to a radio to not know about some of the restrictions.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ok, so i went back to that email and reread it 3 more times............it does look like you cannot have a fire even on private land IN a campfire ring, and looks like both here and up at the cabin.

BUT why are the reservations not included?????? :bs: :surrender: pretty sure those fires dont care where the boundries are????? :crazy: :crazy: :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087 :banghead: :rotflmao: ok so i looked at the map gunner posted.......that map is for burning permits.....to me it looks like maybe i can have a fire at home........ :doah: :doah: :doah:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You are still good at home the way I read it.

No open burning – Campfires restricted
Open burning and some campfires are newly restricted in Clay, Douglas, Grant, Kittson, Marshall, Mille Lacs, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, Sherburne and Wright counties and the western portion of Roseau County, excluding tribal trust lands. These same restrictions remain in place for Aitkin, Benton, Carlton, Lake of the Woods, Morrison, Todd, and Stearns counties, the eastern portion of Roseau County, and the southern portion of St. Louis County, excluding tribal trust lands. Under these restrictions:

No campfires are allowed for dispersed, remote, or backcountry camping on all lands.
No campfires – with or without a ring – are allowed on any DNR-managed lands. This applies to all campsites, cabins, picnic and other day-use areas. Camp stoves are permitted.
On non-DNR-managed lands, attended campfires or recreational fires may be allowed in established fire rings associated with an occupied home, cabin, campground, or resort. Check with the site manager for possible additional restrictions.
No fireworks may be ignited on any public or private land outside city limits. Check with the local community for any additional restrictions.
The state will not issue burning permits for brush or yard waste.
No open burning – No campfires
All or part of 14 additional counties are also subject to these same restrictions on fireworks and burn permits, plus all campfires and recreational fires are banned, prescribed burning is prohibited on private lands, and the use of welding devices and other torches is prohibited when in proximity to combustible vegetation. Counties subject to these additional restrictions are: Becker, Beltrami, Cass, Clearwater, Cook, Crow Wing, Hubbard, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, Mahnomen, Otter Tail, the northern portion of St. Louis and Wadena counties, excluding tribal trust lands.

In these 14 counties, campers must take note that in the backcountry, and at campsites, only gas or propane camp stoves are allowed. Gas and charcoal grills are allowed at occupied homes, cabins and resorts. Charcoal and gas fires must be in devices designed for grilling.

Recreational fires are also barred on DNR-managed lands in Pope County. This county is not subject to the other restrictions on non-DNR lands listed above.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087 :banghead: :rotflmao: ok so i looked at the map gunner posted.......that map is for burning permits.....to me it looks like maybe i can have a fire at home........ :doah: :doah: :doah:
:scratch: If you REALLY want to know :rolleyes: just stop by or call your local FD. :doofus: :doah:     
 :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:
« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 09:08:15 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, found out yesterday that my brother's property is right next to little bowstring lake south of Marcell. Heading there Saturday.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to look it up JB, that's just off Co Rd 38 it appears & is ~ 30 miles SE of us. We usually use MN 46 when we head to GR & DR. We're just ~ 1/2 way between 46 & 6, just off Co Rd 35. Not far(2 miles) from the NW PA on big Bowstring. Would be  :cool: to have a little GTG sometime your in the area.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, found out yesterday that my brother's property is right next to little bowstring lake south of Marcell. Heading there Saturday.
:happy1: never been on that lake but heard if you get fish they are nice. Guess it's a tough lake to fish. Safe travels.

I have also been told to stay on my side of hwy 6. :rotflmao: but I do sneak across it now and then  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to mention that we have some famous company over at the resort that showed up late Tuesday. He's a guide & has his own TV show. He went out :fishing: Wednesday AM & came in ~ 3 that afternoon. Neighbor seen him wiping down his boat after he pulled it & asked the new owners of the resort what was going on. They said he went over to another lake so he could catch enough :fish2: to make a show. :shocked: Hope they got a discount!!. :crazy: :pouty: :tut: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 09:46:29 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Heard a drone flying over at the resort ~1 Thursday so the guide's camera crew were probably doing a photo op of the resort then. No sign of their rig by early Friday so they must've had somethin going on back home.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
who was this so called famous person????? i wasnt up there!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
who was this so called famous person????? i wasnt up there!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :rolleyes: :banghead:  training-087 :doah: I believe he took Hwy 2 ~ 260 miles west to get home & has his own  :fishing: show these days, if that helps? :rolleyes:  :huh:                         :doofus: :mooning:  :smoking:
« Last Edit: August 08/21/21, 10:17:14 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: nope.
:scratch: OK then, let try this.  :pouty: If you went 4 1/2 hours west on Hwy 2 what state would you be in? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: His TV shows are usually filmed on or near the big water over there. :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK i get it, the guy is probably from bismarck.....but thats all i got. i pay no attention to pro fishermen??????????? i do well enough on my own.... :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Must be JM???
:happybounce: :party1: :cheerleader:                           

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
OK i get it, the guy is probably from bismarck.....but thats all i got. i pay no attention to pro fishermen??????????? i do well enough on my own.... :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah: :banghead: That's NOT :tut: what your wife says!! :mooning:                      :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                    ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:     

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Bismark!! :doah: :confused: Is that on Hwy 2? :pouty: :doofus: :rolleyes:  :bonk:               
;)  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn must be geographically. He is talking about Devils lake and Jason Mitchell.  ;)