Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 643980 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'll bet maybe it's one of the Perch Patrol Pro-team guys...............? Maybe Zippy Dahl.
He's out and about a lot and lake hops. Watched him on the toob.

https://www.perchpatrol.com/
« Last Edit: August 08/23/21, 08:59:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn must be geographically challenged. He is talking about Devils lake and Jason Mitchell.  ;)
Your right but I had to fix it for you, JB.  ;) :laugh:  :laugh: ..................................  :whereamI:  glenn? . :scratch:
« Last Edit: August 08/23/21, 11:57:26 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
meh mitchell is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!! heard he just copies other fishing pro's!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
meh mitchell is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!! heard he just copies other fishing pro's!!!!!!!
:scratch: So, we heard you just copy Boar too ................................. :confused:              :tut:                  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                             ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So, we heard you just copy Boar too ................................. :confused:              :tut:                  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                             ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
haha, not exactly, o actually catch fish  :mooning: :mooning:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The recent rains brought out another crop of skeets Monday evening but HH was 'bout done anyway. The little black flies were nasty yday too, :thumbs: so we bailed early again. :sad: Guess it's been in force for a bit but I just found out that GR has put restrictions on people watering their yard too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good thing i gotz plenty of bUg juice in my arsenal yet!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

them damn flies have been horrible around here lately!!!!!!!!!! SHEEZ!!!!!!!!!!! training-087 training-087
« Last Edit: August 08/25/21, 08:25:35 AM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good thing i gotz plenty of big juice in my arsenal yet!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

them damn flies have been horrible around here lately!!!!!!!!!! SHEEZ!!!!!!!!!!! training-087 training-087

big juice???   what you chasing???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good thing i gotz plenty of big juice in my arsenal yet!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

big juice???   what you chasing???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: BIG BUGS!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey GUNNER.......where the heck you find that no burning map??????i searched the DNR site and couldnt find it. found the drought map that was updates to 8-24.......

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
meh i found it.....looked under  forestry............. still no campfires up north, that was of 8-17/ :confused: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not sure where you went for that :rolleyes: but the link I posted earlier is only back 1 page(96). :doofus: :doah: It now says 8/27 on this 1 https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/forestry/fire/questions.html  :pouty:
« Last Edit: August 08/27/21, 01:31:14 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Not sure where you went for that  :rolleyes: but the link I posted earlier is only back 1 page(96). :doofus: :doah: It now says 8/27 on this 1 https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/forestry/fire/questions.html  :pouty:
went to the DNR SITE.then added forestry and came up with the same map!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They must've updated it today after you checked it, mn burning restrictions got me there!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if i remember correctly....... it does look like they moved a little north and relaxed a few restrictions from the last map??????????

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gunner, any idea how often they update that map????? i just looked and it was updated today.........but there was no change that i could see???? with the rains up there one would think they'd cut loose and let contained campfires on private land soon????????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
gunner, any idea how often they update that map????? i just looked and it was updated today.........but there was no change that i could see???? with the rains up there one would think they'd cut loose and let contained campfires on private land soon????????????
:scratch: Whenever they feel like it!! :doah:        :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                ;) :laugh: :laugh: I have no idea :confused:, they probably just did it again to keep some people :rolleyes: from getting the wrong idea that things were suddenly better so there were no restrictions now. :tut: Seen 1 climatologist on TV recently & he said the southern portion of the state needed 5" to relieve the drought condition while we needed 12" to  help the severe drought up here. Just think how much beer $ you'll save.  :smiley:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :tut: :tut: what makes you think that will save on beer money. :pouty:

And what makes you think I'll listen to them anyway??🥴 :mooning: :evil: :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: So, why then do you care WTH it says? :pouty: :doofus: :confused:   Thought you MIGHT follow the rules, but they must be just for everyone else  :tut:, & didn't think  :bonk: you could  :toast: without  :campfire:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: So, why then do you care WTH it says? :pouty: :doofus: :confused:   Thought you MIGHT follow the rules, but they must be just for everyone else  :tut:, & didn't think  :bonk: you could  :toast: without  :campfire:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :pouty: oh I'll listen. If they still have a no campfire ban I won't. I don't want to be the one responsible for burning things down.

Regarding the beer, I drink beer in da boat, in my fishhouse without a  :campfire: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :pouty: oh I'll listen. If they still have a no campfire ban I won't. I don't want to be the one responsible for burning things down.

Regarding the beer, I drink beer in da boat, in my fishhouse without a  :campfire: :happy1:
:huh: :shocked:...............  :scratch: Think I already know the answer :smiley:  but which  :fishing: or :campfire: usually causes the most MGL to disappear?  :nerd:                              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                               
« Last Edit: August 08/30/21, 04:29:33 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: :embarrassed: they both can be tough on the  :toast: supply at times!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The people at the end of our road normally have a :campfire: every night even stopped for a week or so. Since the last rain they're back at it when I came in about sundown the last couple times.  :tut: :rolleyes: :sad:
« Last Edit: August 08/30/21, 08:57:14 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so gunner....about how much rain have you had up there this past week????????? i understand why there doing it but if they've had a decent amount of rain one would think they'd allow campfires??????

but then again maybe with the big 3day weekend and all the people up there  i can see maybe why not!!!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty close to 4" here since the Friday(8/20) before the lake assoc meeting. :happy1: :cool:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Lots of new fuel on the ground too after the 2 storms with the 70 mph winds at the end of July. :crazy: :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so some details of my trip north.
tues......got up there and basiclly unloaded and did some landscaping. forgot to take a picture!!!! :banghead: :confused:
wed......decided it was fishing day.....hit long lake north of talmoon. deep sucker too. nice lake but its added to my dont bother to got back list. got back and decided to dump the boat in the cabin lake. tried to see if i could find any sunfish....NADA, 2 little perch. trolled   for nords....caught about 12......all together weighed maybe a whopping 8 lbs.
thurs...i played with wood most the day....kid showed up in the afternoon, had a fire.
fri...was rainy and wet......relaxed
sat.......went on Merc's side of 6....... :sleazy: 3 pike and one bass that will be hitting the contest thread!!!!!
sun....hit a pike lake up north of talmoon..kept 7 for pickling.......caught alot of small ones. yea i stayed on my side of 6.  :rotflmao:
mon.......kid left i putzed and got all my crap together and headed home early today.

overall for a 3 day weekend i was surprised how quiet it was.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe I'm easily amused, but I think this is so cool.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn. I've warned you about crossing six. I don't want to have my boys come over and rough you up. And by your description I know which two lakes you were on. I'm heading up next Monday and I will be on one of those lakes. Nice panfish in there. Limit will go down but that's all right.    :happy1: