Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 636017 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea know, we haven't seen or heard from that Merc guy lately??? He stuck in Inger too??? :rotflmao:

My wife was in his town of holdingford at the legion playing bingo when I was up deer hunting. She took the legion for $99.00 but gave it back in pull tabs  :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've been north a lot this fall. We got a spike opening morning and three more Sunday morning. Went home Monday, came back the second weekend and got one more so we were filled out. My sons buddy has an open tag so I'm going back up with them this weekend.  We saw a lot of deer this year but nothing big but that's OK. Had no doe permits but the yearling bucks were around so a good season. Bingo in the Legion, never went down for that but it's a pretty good crowd normally.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So you didn't give up :rolleyes: on getting 1 :deer: when we got a little :snow5:   :shocked:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gunner, we're real hunters not like some people I know.    :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

merc........sounds like you did good. by the way my granddaughter is moving up in your neck of the woods. her and her fiancee bought the house thats for sale on the corner of cty rds 3 and 17 where that old dumpy trailer house used to be!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/17/21, 08:37:48 AM by glenn57 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That was a dump there before. Looks really nice now. Good to hear it got sold and hope they like the area.     :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That was a dump there before. Looks really nice now. Good to hear it got sold and hope they like the area.     :happy1:
he grew up west of Avon so he is quite familiar with the area. Finken is his last name!!!!!! really good kid!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heck I been by that corner a few times too after thinking about it!!!!   good for them!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
heck I been by that corner a few times too after thinking about it!!!!   good for them!!   :happy1:
now all I gotta do is find merc's beer frig in holdingford. :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd tell ya where it is but I can't...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I like that area,  we go thru on our way to Upsala a couple times a year but I guess I don't know the corner, good for them!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like that area,  we go thru on our way to Upsala a couple times a year but I guess I don't know the corner, good for them!

what you have going in Upsala??  family? 

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I know a few Finkens, not real well but I know them. I also know a lot of people from Upsala as I've lived in the area all my life. Hodingford born and raised.  I get my venison done in Upsala, they do a great job there. Great living in a small town.     :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
By the way Glennn, I have armed guards covering my fridge.    :cheesy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I've heard..    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way Glennn, I have armed guards covering my fridge.    :cheesy:
:confused: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I know a few Finkens, not real well but I know them. I also know a lot of people from Upsala as I've lived in the area all my life. Hodingford born and raised.  I get my venison done in Upsala, they do a great job there. Great living in a small town.     :happy1:
I know alot of people from holdingford, when I worked at DCI, since the Konsor brothers basically formed/ started the company.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yep, DCI started here, I knew Richard very well. He was a great guy.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Bird hunting,  had some really good shoots up that way.  But the last few years the bird #'s seem down.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's no more than 30 miles from me...   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Bird hunting,  had some really good shoots up that way.  But the last few years the bird #'s seem down.
:scratch: :scratch: i dont recall any being droppedoff at my place!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We were up in your neighborhood at least 6-8 times this season for the meat raffle merc. Even dragged Sis & BIL along once, our new neighbor went with us quite a few times too. Managed to win 3-4 times even, got some nice Ribeyes on the weekend of the  :deer: opener. Would be pretty  :cool: if'n we could get together over there sometime next season.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking out at the 10 day forecast.............. :happy1: she gonna make some ice!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gunner, I've been to a couple of the raffles too. My sons buddy won some rib eyes with chicken wings. Nice package of meat. I won a beer once.  We will have to get together there for sure. Nice crowd for those too.    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, I've been to a couple of the raffles too. My sons buddy won some rib eyes with chicken wings. Nice package of meat. I won a beer once.  We will have to get together there for sure. Nice crowd for those too.    :happy1:
maybe sometime a mini GTG??????

hey Merc...thought you were up nort chasing horns????????????

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been north a lot this fall. We got a spike opening morning and three more Sunday morning. Went home Monday, came back the second weekend and got one more so we were filled out. My sons buddy has an open tag so I'm going back up with them this weekend.  We saw a lot of deer this year but nothing big but that's OK. Had no doe permits but the yearling bucks were around so a good season. Bingo in the Legion, never went down for that but it's a pretty good crowd normally.
i might have to start hunting on the east side of 6 pretty soon!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We went up Thursday and came back Saturday. They saw three and and my son passed on a six pointer Friday just before dark, didn't want to mess with it in the dark  plus his buddy had the tag open. Had a good year so we were happy. Crossing six for the meat raffle is acceptable but hunting you may be pushing it a bit.     :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the webcams......bowstring shores had ice as far as you could see. the narrows had alot more ice then yesterday!!!!!!! :bow: :happybounce: :party1: :dancinred:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked the satelliite, Modis, a few days ago & it looked to me like URL was pretty close to being locked up then. Wouldn't be surprised to start hearin from Cookie again pretty soon.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i looked at it yesterday, thats why i got the idea, along with what the guy from IDO say that lives just south of bowstring, that most small lakes were froze over???????

i figured pokegema wouldnt even be close!!!!!!! thats a big deep lake!!!!!!!