Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 645600 times)

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 You might not know this but I sneak over to the west side some times.     :laugh:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

You might not know this but I sneak over to the west side some times.     :laugh:
  :scratch: Near Dallas Ln?   :shocked:            ;)  :smiley:  :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Fished that area many times over the years.    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A little snow over at the Narrows & the hourly says maybe a little more early afternoon. Looks to be some footprints along the shore too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I texted a guy I know in grand rapids, he's hearing 3 inches of ice. Also called the little turtle lake store and pretty much said the same thing, but that was Fridays info.

I ain't liking it  :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :violin: :cry: :tut:               :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 11/29/21, 12:03:57 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the webcams............well the ice is still there. looks like some favorable ice making weather coming  starting the weekend into next week.

gotta admit i'm a bit nervous about it. bring the shotgun, maybe chase some tree chickens???????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked Modis yday & had to go back to the 28th to see much. Still a few clouds but it looked to me like both URL & LRL had opened up a little on the north & west sides. :scratch: :confused: Leech & Winnie looked like they were a bit more open then to me too. TWC's 10 day has good temps for ice makin starting tomorrow up there. Some snow in there though for this weekend with most(1-3") of it fallin Saturday night.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sundin just posted and said he did a long road trip and did not see one person on the ice anywhere. I'll wait a couple of weeks. Older I get the more chicken I get.     :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sundin just posted and said he did a long road trip and did not see one person on the ice anywhere. I'll wait a couple of weeks. Older I get the more chicken I get.     :happy1:
:happy1: i'm getting the same way Merc........i just read that myself.........he did give a glimmer of hope. i think based on the lakes he did mention, there bigger, deeper lakes then the ones im planning on hitting. those lakes are small, and i wont be going over anything deeper then say 8 ft and not far from shore.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No  :fish2: is worth gettin wet over. :crazy:
« Last Edit: December 12/01/21, 12:44:22 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
No  :fish2: is worth gettin wet over. :crazy:

for sure when it's this cold too!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You fellas let me do the worrying. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh I'm not worried about you...  ya silly feller...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looked at the cams already. the temps yesterday took care of alot of snow up there. when that refreezes, should make for a layer of cloudy ice. dats good if there is no snow or very little. fish tend to get pretty spooky with clear ice.

starting sunday afternoon should make some good ice. seen on monday a high of 6 and low of -6. hot diggity dog....... :sleazy: :happybounce: the repair guy we use up there said he had heard Dora lake had 5-6 inches of ice........ my little lakes will or should be good to go, wheeloer, my fat arse and all!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Me either!! :rolleyes: :smiley: So...................your little lakes are gonna have a foot of ice? :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Me either!! :rolleyes: :smiley: So...................your little lakes are gonna have a foot of ice? :confused:
maybe not......but i see 8-9 inches in my near future.  :sleazy: i gotz lotz of history to fall back on based on reports from other lakes in the area!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
looked at the cams already. the temps yesterday took care of alot of snow up there. when that refreezes, should make for a layer of cloudy ice. dats good if there is no snow or very little. fish tend to get pretty spooky with clear ice.

starting sunday afternoon should make some good ice. seen on monday a high of 6 and low of -6. hot diggity dog....... :sleazy: :happybounce: the repair guy we use up there said he had heard Dora lake had 5-6 inches of ice........ my little lakes will or should be good to go, wheeloer, my fat arse and all!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

You best be careful glenn,cloudy early ice reduces the ice elasticity ,early clear ice even tho spooky to walk on is the best of the two scenario's,but agreed,easy to spook the fishies under clear ice unless you find a pressure crack to stand on.

This warm weather ,not even thinking icefishing yet,still on pheasants and now the last of the waterfowl migration is hot n heavy in sodak.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that cloudy ice is just a cosmetic layer on top of the good clear ice thats already there!!!!!!!! :happy1:

i learned along time ago, when the ice is clear to find a spot to set the house up where its got a cloudy spot!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12/02/21, 08:59:56 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You sure 8-9" is enough for the wheeler, all that gear, & your fat  :moon: too?   :confused: Wouldn't hurt at all for you to walk out & even lose a few lbs before goin too. :nerd: :evil:                       ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 12/02/21, 09:25:22 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You sure 8-9" is enough for the wheeler, all that gear, & your fat  :moon: too?   :confused: Wouldn't hurt at all you to walk out & even lose a few lbs before goin too. :nerd: :evil:                       ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:pouty: :pouty: :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Narrows webcam is showing quite a bit of open water today. The birdhouse is rockin in the wind pretty good too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The Narrows webcam is showing quite a bit of open water today. The birdhouse is rockin in the wind pretty good too.
didn't think it was opened up???? Thought it was just the snow that melted. :scratch: :scratch: don't matter,not going there anyway. :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked our weather & now they have a Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 pm Saturday until 12 am Monday that's sayin 6"+ possible.  :scratch: Might want to call your plow guy.:sleazy: :evil:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/21, 07:56:32 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
seen that too!!!!! :pouty:  for 6 inches  :scratch: piffle!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm more worried about what it will do to the lakes!!!!!!!!! :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, that much probably wouldn't be good for the ice. It looked like 1 real little spot next to shore to the west a bit open over on Bowstring Shores webcam today to me too. :scratch: :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It's 6-10" now according to TWC's site :crazy:,  the hourly says it'll be startin ~ midnight & not be done until about 6 or 7 tomorrow night. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea unfortunatly i've been watching that to!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: hope there is enough wind to blow it off somewhat. only thing that sucks is no matter what way the wind comes from it always seems to pile up on our shoreline, then its slushville!!!!!!! :doah: :confused: :pouty: :surrender: :bs:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i did notice that they went from a watch to a warning today....and looking at the weather terrorists forecasts......35 mile per hour winds!!! that'll blow it around!!!!!! :surrender:

still not much of a change on the webcams either!!!!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys have nothing to worry about. As of this moment we haven’t got the official warning from Frankie MacDonald