Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635603 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You guys have nothing to worry about. As of this moment we haven’t got the official warning from Frankie MacDonald
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone have a clue as to which direction these 35 mph winds are going to be coming from>>>>>

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The hourly for down there where your lady friends live :sleazy:  :nerd: says SSE-ESE & it doesn't have anything over 12 mph. :scratch: :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/05/21, 07:31:06 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked the webcams a 1/2 hour ago & it was really comin down at the Narrows, didn't look as bad on Bowstring to me. :scratch: It's 5-9" now with -20 WC's. :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just looked at the 511 site. hwy 46 up by squaw lake looks pretty rough!!!!!!!!!

checked the cams too......bowstring shores ya cant see far!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bowstring Shores's was like that @ 9, just looked again & it's 'bout the same except for 2-3" more on those dock frames

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just had a text conversation to my friend up north. says it started snowing about 5;30 this morning, got 5-6 inches of snow so far.

i asked about ice..........said his kid was spearing on ling lake up past talmoon and had 5 inches. thats a deep lake, so....... he said ball club had 5 inches and little winnie had 5-6 inches.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The map in Mike's link, GM thread, shows Bemidji havin 14". But Ball Club only had 3", 1 spot in GR only shows 6" but another had 9", & Coleraine has almost 11" for it's total. :crazy: Any of those higher totals will make the ice conditions pretty tough.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The map in Mike's link, GM thread, shows Bemidji havin 14". But Ball Club only had 3", 1 spot in GR only shows 6" but another had 9", & Coleraine has almost 11" for it's total. :crazy: Any of those higher totals will make the ice conditions pretty tough.
i'm confident  this wind is blowing it off the lake!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: issue may be getting on the lake itself!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother got an email from our neighbor early this morning & he's up there. He attached a pic of him plowing his driveway & it looked to be about 6" on the ground to me. I emailed him back so he should get back to me later. I'll see if I have time :rolleyes: to keep you in the loop.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/21, 09:26:35 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother got an email from our neighbor early this mornig & he's up there. He attached a pic of him plowing his driveway & it looked to be about 6" on the ground to me. I emailed him back so he should get back to me later. I'll see if I have time :rolleyes: to keep you in the loop.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
thanks bud!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: i'll be nice to you for the rest of the day now!!!!!!! :evil: :nerd: :nerd:

does he go check ice thickness too???? i can get a pretty good idea on the lakes i hit by some of the ice reports i hear from the bigger lakes!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: looking at the cams this morning, the narrows doesnt look like they got much more then 6 inches???????

and isnt bowstring shores on the east side if the lake?????? doesnt appear to have much snow piled up on there shoreline?????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I asked him when he went up & if he'd seen anybody out on the bay yet. Yeah, Bowstring Shores is on the east side a bit west of the airport & it looked like they could have quite a bit blown in to their shoreline to me. :scratch: Kind of hard to tell though. :confused: Geiger's was back up yday & looks a lot different but our wind would blow that snow away from their shore.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Geigers posted they had about 10" of snow but the wind blew most of it off the lake. They also said there was 4" of ice on the lake.    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Turns out the neighbor is still in the metro & the pic he sent me was of the one of the new owners of the resort playin around with their new JD Gator & plow setup. They said we had 10" & only 1" of ice. They're newbies so I'm not certain of their ice check but.................... :confused: Thought somethin was screwy as the pic showed an articulated plow & that's not what the neighbor has.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Turns out the neighbor is still in the metro & the pic he sent me was of the one of the new owners of the resort playin around with their new JD Gator & plow setup. They said we had 10" & only 1" of ice. They're newbies so I'm not certain of their ice check but.................... :confused: Thought somethin was screwy as the pic showed an articulated plow & that's not what the neighbor has.
:confused: :pouty: oh well.......i'm hearing 5-6 0n the smaller lakes. and i looked depending on what source its currently 7 to 9 below up there right now!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
checked the cams..........looks a bit chilly up there. one site says -6 the other -13. making ice........then a nice bunch of weather coming in!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
TWC says -6 up there now, looks like they've backed off on the snow & moved it to Thursday AM. Lookin like close to 40* Sunday-Wednesday too. Neighbor's goin up tomorrow or Thursday as well, probably just overnight though so he can take his Ice Castle up.
« Last Edit: December 12/07/21, 08:40:16 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Jeff Sundin just posted a report..........he said dixon lake resort has there road open to the 3rd river flowage and 8 inches of ice!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

i speared that once back in the day when FM has that good spearing thread.......it was fun........new water but wasnt all that impressed with the fishing!!!!1i know they used to get some dandy's out of there!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just read the DNR CO  reports from the DNR  email........everyone of the CO's  reported checking anglers.....so there are people out on the ice in the grand rapids area!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what the 2021 reg's are for mille lcas as of december 1st for walleye fishing,gave up on the pond a few years ago,but early ice on mille lacs was the best for shallow walters...

Heck we had one day of early ice 8"s as we walked out off Big point one december morning years ago,5 hours later we walked off at hunter's point as the lake broke up in a strong wind and we floated all the way to hunter's point from 3 mile reef.

Today checking the mille lacs web cams nary a soul out ....sad deal as the lake is busting at the seems with nice sized walleyes.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey snow, mille lacs ain't anywhere near deer river or talmoon  :happy1: :mooning: :nerd: :nerd: :snow5: :rotflmao: :happy1:  :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :laughroll: :laughroll:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/21, 04:03:18 PM by glenn57 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr off topic himself speaks.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr off topic himself speaks.
:sorry: :sorry: :nerd: obviously by all the goofy emojis I was just jerking his chain. :pouty:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/21, 04:54:54 PM by glenn57 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
And I was just jerking yours pal. Cheer Up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And I was just jerking yours pal. Cheer Up!
I figured so!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Go figure. Snow amounts vary but about 8 inches. Ice was 8 inches where I got lake water for the cabin.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
how much slush?? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!