Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 644133 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
looked at the 3 webcams up on bowstring..kinda surprised there isnt more activity  :scratch: :scratch: about the only activity is out from the narrows!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: My 10 day says a good chance of snow from Saturday through about Tuesday & anywhere from ~ 3-5", maybe even 6" by then. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my brother is headed up on saturday, his kid is going up sunday. everything should be cleaned up and packed down by the time i go up the following friday!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

looks like it'll be a bit chilly but not enough for me to stay home!!!!!!! :dancinred: :nerd: looks like i need to ask for time off already!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  Looks like somebody had been on the ice with wheeler & plow at BShores lately to me. Somebody out to the north on the Narrows cam too. Peeked at the snowmap mikey gave us the link to & it says a lot of the area got 2-3" in the last 48 hrs as well.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:  Looks like somebody had been on the ice with wheeler & plow at BShores lately to me. Somebody out to the north on the Narrows cam too. Peeked at the snowmap mikey gave us the link to & it says a lot of the area got 2-3" in the last 48 hrs as well.
the bowsrting shores activity wasnt there yesterday when i looked, so yea thats new. seen the guys out on the narrows!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Checked the webcams before it got completely dark. Snowing pretty good now!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Lookin like it may get a little nasty up there tomorrow from what I'm seein. TWC has 4-8" with a light glaze & 35 mph winds. The NIEC boys could be busy.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Lookin like it may get a little nasty up there tomorrow from what I'm seein. TWC has 4-8" with a light glaze & 35 mph winds. The NIEC boys could be busy.
yea i've been keeping an eye on it!!!!!!! my brother made it up there yesterday. keeping a close eye on the temps as i plan on heading up friday morning. might be cold the first couple days, but i see no sense in shutting the cabin down for a few days then have to warm it back up again, so........... if i feel its that cold to set up i can just fiddle around for a day or so.

i want to venture  to a lake i was on the first trip, but its down a minimum maiantence road.......so not sure what thats gonna be like. i guess i could always hit the one right off 6 but they dont clean out that access either!!!!! :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nobody plows all the way down to our PA either which doesn't bother me. Harder for the wheelhouses that way. :happy1: :cool: Somebody lives on the end of the other part of that road though & they keep that part open.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked the Narrows early & it was really snowing over there just before sunrise, nothing over on Bowstring then but that's changed now.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i lookes at 511 this morning. hwy 2 between rapids and deer river on the plow truck cams didnt look so good!!!!!!

i'm thinking twice of even going up or waiting till sunday?????? i'll check in with my brother maybe tomorrow.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Somebody out front of Geiger's early today. Someone was asking on Nextdoor about the snow totals around the lake yday morning & the guy that answered said he had ~ 4" by 9 am, 6" a couple hours later, & closer to 10" by about 5 last night. He said there's another 3-5" predicted for today. :rolleyes: :doah: I'm pretty sure :scratch: they're the last place on the east side of the mouth of the river, where there was a resort at 1 time.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm seeing the same thing on accweather and the NWS forecasts....... thinking i'll head up sunday after that brutal temps kinda go away!!!!!!!!

pretty sure my brother with have our plow guy clean us out!!!!! i'll find out today or tomorrow!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Somebody out front of Geiger's early today. Someone was asking on Nextdoor about the snow totals around the lake yday morning & the guy that answered said he had ~ 4" by 9 am, 6" a couple hours later, & closer to 10" by about 5 last night. He said there's another 3-5" predicted for today. :rolleyes: :doah: I'm pretty sure :scratch: they're the last place on the east side of the mouth of the river, where there was a resort at 1 time.
Gunner........there was someone out in that area yesterday too when i looked.

same with the narrows in that one spot, they are out there again today, and where there yesterday too!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nobody out at the Narrows when I looked ~8.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard from my brother. We are plowed out. He hadn't made a trail on our lake yet so I he is fishing the little lake. Seen pictures of a few nords and some crappies

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They plowed the spot where the wheelhouses sit out front at Geiger's today. Quite a bit of snow on the railing of their deck too. Kind of looks like they took a wheeler out on the lake this morning too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Back out on that spot over there now too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Back out on that spot over there now too.
maybe your computer screen has some dirt on it!!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: they had that plowed out yesterday.

my brother sent me a text this morning about 7;15, the outdoor thermometer showed -22.  :shocked: :doah:

and he said they ended up with about 15-16 inches of snow!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12/29/21, 08:59:08 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :bonk: I never noticed it when I looked early, so WC's pushing -40. :confused: That much snow probably make it tough to even get around on the ice. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
they never mentioned issues getting on the lake, pretty sure in between snows they had a trail packed down pretty good. they never went out on the cabin lake at all.....told them i'm going to need a trail out there.....guess i'm on my own.  :confused: :doah: oh well thats what the snowmobile is for!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like the fish are biting in that one area out on the narrows......they've been parked there the last 3 days.

talked to my brother last nite. he figures they got 24 inches of snow since he's been there. he hasnt been on the cabin lake but did see fresh snowmobile tracks on it and didnt see any slush. yet!!!!!!!

he's been fishing the little lake behind us says there is a foot of ice and no slush!!!!!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Nobody at the Narrows now & there wasn't when I looked earlier (~ 8:30) either. :confused: I'd think the weight of all that snow would've push up some water already.
« Last Edit: December 12/30/21, 10:49:30 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: i just looked again and if you go to the still shots the 2nd one....there out there???? maybe it was from yesterday.....dont know!!!!!

looking at the fresh tracks on all 3 i dont see any wet snow????? anyway thats what my brother said?????? and he's even a bigger BS'er then you!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

he did say the snow was light and fluffy.........

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: No I was just checking the west facing webcam, the east 1 wasn't working for a while at early ice. :bonk: It looks like 3 portables on that point to the north of the resort now to me.
« Last Edit: December 12/30/21, 11:13:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: No I was just checking the west facing webcam, the east 1 wasn't working for a while at early ice. :bonk: It looks like 3 portables on that point to the south of the resort now to me.
yea  that one seems to take some time to come up???????? :doah: :scratch: :scratch:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what she ssid.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just watched the 1st wheelhouse get parked in front of Geiger's. Looks like a couple roads plowed over there todat too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i figured that would happen soon with new years and the cold temps. brother said they had 12 inches on that little lake.....that usually has less ice.seems like alot more traffic on all 3 cams today!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No life anywhere I looked today & the wheelhouse is gone. Looks like a small trail goin SW on BShores cam to me today too.