Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 643103 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i just went to the 511 website....there showing hwy 6 as dry pavement................. :confused: :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy: yea right!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Thorzzhammer

• Beer, Lefse and Pickled Herring for breakfast
Hwy 6 was alot more fun before they straightened and flattened it between Hayslips and 19. Dry or not there was always an ellement of surprise, like TJ Max...never the same place twice!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hwy 6 was alot more fun before they straightened and flattened it between Hayslips and 19. Dry or not there was always an ellement of surprise, like TJ Max...never the same place twice!
got that right. When we where kids we'd do those hills at a good clip. Tickled the tummy. Did it to my kids to

Welcome aboard sir!!! ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::.

And don't believe half the nonsense these guys tell you about me either!! :rotflmao:

Offline Thorzzhammer

Thanks! Its been a long winter already.   There was a day when Id venture out with a spud and Sasquatch sized boots to find fish while walking on paper thin ice, not so much any more. Especially since this old Norwegian cant swim in a 3 ft pool lol  :fish2:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks! Its been a long winter already.   There was a day when Id venture out with a spud and Sasquatch sized boots to find fish while walking on paper thin ice, not so much any more. Especially since this old Norwegian cant swim in a 3 ft pool lol  :fish2:

welcome TH!!!   and since you already are acquainted with Glenn you all ready are aware of the where the nonsense from!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome aboard TH!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome aboard TH!!!
X 2!! Very fimiliar with the area too as we're just off Co Rd 35 on Sand for most of our year.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

welcome TH!!!   and since you already are acquainted with Glenn you all ready are aware of the where the nonsense from!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome aboard TH!!!
X 2!! Very fimiliar with the area too as we're just off Co Rd 35 on Sand for most of our year.
yea gunner is a part time resident of Inger!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome aboard TH!!!
yea gunner is a part time resident of Inger!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: But it's only glenn's truck that has a reserved parking spot down there. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:
« Last Edit: January 01/07/22, 10:32:53 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Thorzzhammer

Im pretty sure my truck said "Uffda" when I started it today! I was going to make the trip north but decided to wait another week. Im going to drive around my local lakes and check on conditions. Stay safe people!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Im pretty sure my truck said "Uffda" when I started it today! I was going to make the trip north but decided to wait another week. Im going to drive around my local lakes and check on conditions. Stay safe people!
nothing wrong with that!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i shoulda waited a week to.......so does your bride go with when you go up?????

i didnt start my truck today!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: i took a day off of being retired!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Thorzzhammer

Not in the winter, however she will do day trips on the local lakes near home. My son loves fishing and never complains about being cold so he will generally tag along all year round. He is 16 and taller than me now so he gets the auger duty lol.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well good luck when you do head up!!!!!!!!!! let us know how ya do!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took a look at the webcams this morning.....just doesnt look as busy up there as years past, especially out of the narrows???

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I think there was 1 more parked in front Geiger's late Thursday or early yday than there is now but yeah it's been pretty quiet up there for about the last week or so.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Next week looks great for weather so I might have to get up there and hit Bow. Lots of rigs out from the west access. Don't know if they went through Geigers or from the access. If I go by alone I will pay and play it safe.     :happy1:       

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked at Geiger's after your post, merc, & I could see 2 or 3 way out front then. Nothin at the Narrows though.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Narrows? Never seen a narrows in my 40 years of fishing there Gunner. There were a lot of rigs to the right which would be in front of the north west access.      :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: What about William's :rolleyes:.................... Narrows? I check theirs too.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Geigers is Bowstring, Williams Narrows is Cutfoot. I was checking out Bow. I'm confusing myself now but that's not hard to do.    :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: What about William's :rolleyes:.................... Narrows? I check theirs too.
thats the one i have always assumed where the webcams where????????

isnt there a campground on the so called narrrows?????? i fished there once many moons ago but i'm dont get over there much so dont really know that area very well???????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I think they still have a campground there, not sure how big it is anymore. They have quite a few cabins but I believe some of them are now private. That is the 1 we check the cameras at, glenn. Sorry, merc, thought you knew we looked at those too. I just check Geiger's to check the weather & to see how many are getting out as I don't fish it much, so I don't know it. Besides there's too many people most of the time for me. I'd rather just try to get out on our bay.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I think they still have a campground there, not sure how big it is anymore. They have quite a few cabins but I believe some of them are now private. That is the 1 we check the cameras at, glenn. Sorry, merc, thought you knew we looked at those too. I just check Geiger's to check the weather & to see how many are getting out as I don't fish it much, so I don't know it. Besides there's too many people most of the time for me. I'd rather just try to get out on our bay.
:happy1: yea as we get older...just nice to head right out on the lake in front of us!!!!!!1

but when the lake has had 2 severe winter kills in a row..kinda forces your hand a bit. always fun checking out different lakes though.  more work with ice. and the one thing i really noticed lately........there aint many accesses plowed out. so the lakes i've been on the first trip up are more then likely not happening anymore this ice season.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I do look at Williams Narrows once in a while but mostly have Geigers and Bowstring Shores on as that is where I normally fish in winter when the snow is deep. I'm getting to the point I don't like working too hard to go after fish. Favorite time is just before ice out, nothing better than standing on the ice when it's 50 degrees out.     :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They don't plow our PA & the 2 by us on Bowstring don't get plowed either but there's usually enough traffic at both of those to make it easier most of the time. There has been a few Sunday paper runs when we drove through the 1 on 35 & didn't want to get to far out of the track though.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bad thing is the north access has a big ice heave by shore most years. Some one usually chops it down but it's still tough most of the time.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bad thing is the north access has a big ice heave by shore most years. Some one usually chops it down but it's still tough most of the time.
:happy1: yep..........same with the birches landing on winnie just south of highbanks!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The other 1 can be bad too usually just a little north of that ramp. Think it's buckled the concrete over there 2 of the last 3-4 years & they had to do some major work in the Spring.
« Last Edit: January 01/09/22, 05:34:05 PM by Gunner55 »