Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635446 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The other 1 can be bad too usually just a little north of that ramp. Think it's buckled the concrete over there 2 of the last 3 years & they had to do some major work in the Spring.
:scratch: :scratch: what other one??? next place up from the birches to get on winnie is highbanks...that i know of?????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :doofus: I'm not talking to you  :rolleyes: :doah: I'm talkin to merc & about the 1 over by Northern Acres!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :doofus: I'm not talking to you  :rolleyes: :doah: I'm talkin to merc & about the 1 over by Northern Acres!!
:pouty: :pouty: :crazy: WELL!!! EXCCUSE ME!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :sleazy: :nerd:                      ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yep Gunner that is actually the one I was referring to, I need to be a little more specific with my accesses. That one seems to always have the cement buckle. But two years ago I came on the north access and went off the one by Northern Acres and there was a big ice heave there but said "I can make this" ended up bending my running board. I get older but no smarter.    :smiley:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
When I think of the North access I think of the 1 on Co Rd 35 as the other says NW Bowstring Access on the little sign.  :scratch: That must've been the season when the heave went nearly all the way across the width of the ramp & it was tough for even a wheeler to get around it on the south side towards the end.  When they rebuilt it in the Spring they just tore the old cement out & put some prefab slabs in that have to be at least twice as wide as the old ones.
« Last Edit: January 01/10/22, 08:38:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Looks like the cameras are down over at the Narrows, not much activity over at Geiger' since the weekend that I've seen either. Think with the nice weather this week there'd been some out :fishing:.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Narrow's cam is back up now & it looks a little slushy to the right of the birdhouse today to me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not snowing up in gods country!!!!!!!!! :happy1: i did think however there would be more activity on the lakes being its a friday???// :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: That slushy spot at the Narrows looks quite a bit bigger today to me & the birdhouse was really rockin when I just looked.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: That slushy spot at the Narrows looks quite a bit bigger today to me & the birdhouse was really rockin when I just looked.
been watching that too. it also looks like a wet spot between the birdhouse and the cattails???? a spring maybe! :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen 1 come off at Geiger's & another was headin north a ways out on the lake. Looks to be 4-5 smaller groups off in the distance there too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Never noticed that spot on shore before.  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: i gotta love/hate relationship with bowstring!!!!!  :confused: :doah: i enjoy fishing it, but usually kicks my butt. i keep going there to learn more about it, but...........

now jessie lake..........i simply hate that one!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Thought I heard that there's some springs in Big Jessie. :confused: Really deep too, Chris over at the BStore told me 1 of her boys has a shack & spears Big Jessie a lot.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Thought I heard that there's some springs in Big Jessie. :confused: Really deep too, Chris over at the BStore told me 1 of her boys has a shack & spears Big Jessie a lot.
i speared it a couple times.....we got fish, just nuttin to write home about. i have read that the pike population is now just starting to get better.........

fished it often for a while in a boat.......looking for dem walleyes and crappies......no luck. yea if i remember correctly lotz of structure!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Their oldest gets some nice ones out of there every year. :rolleyes:  Met him at Riley's a couple times & I think he lives on the lake or really close by.
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 10:18:33 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The best two lakes up there Glenn. You have to know how to fish to get walleye.      :happy1: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The best two lakes up there Glenn. You have to know how to fish to get walleye.      :happy1:
:rotflmao: :tut: oh I know how to fish. Walleye is way down on the bottom of my favorite fish to eat right above carp. :evil: :rotflmao: so I don't waste much of my valuable time fishing for them. :sleazy:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If you can't catch em you say you don't want to catch em. We're on to your tricks

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If you can't catch em you say you don't want to catch em. We're on to your tricks
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you funny guy Roony. I got me a walleye in the freezer I caught all by myself.

I'm donating it to the wild game feed.  :happy1: that crowd eats everything. :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My buddy always keeps one bigger one and smokes it. I'm not a huge fan of smoked fish but they are darn good.      :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you funny guy Roony. I got me a walleye in the freezer I caught all by myself.

I'm donating it to the wild game feed.  :happy1: that crowd eats everything. :happy1:

Let's see  :scratch:.  "a walleye-I'm donating-crowd"  How many loaves of bread are you going to split too?  :bow:   :rotflmao: 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Let's see  :scratch:.  "a walleye-I'm donating-crowd"  How many loaves of bread are you going to split too?  :bow:   :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: i got some crappies i caught as well and deboned pike too!!!!!! putz!!!!! :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I really like the area up there and have spent a lot of time, sleding, 4wheeling and hunting.   :happy1:

But, with lake names like Little Dick, Big Dick and Jack the horse.  You kind of wonder what the heck the folks were up to when they came up with those names?   :scratch: :scratch:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that is a little suspicious.  LOL

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Our family use to fish Little Bowstring
 I'd like to go back there someday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it's one of the lakes I've never been on but want to try. Hear tell there are nice fish in it but can be a struggle to find them

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I really like the area up there and have spent a lot of time, sleding, 4wheeling and hunting.   :happy1:

But, with lake names like Little Dick, Big Dick and Jack the horse.  You kind of wonder what the heck the folks were up to when they came up with those names?   :scratch: :scratch:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
probably the same thing you city slickers where doing when you changed the names some of them down there!!! :evil: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
it's one of the lakes I've never been on but want to try. Hear tell there are nice fish in it but can be a struggle to find them
I managed to catch fish so I shudder to think how many you'd catch!  :sleazy: