Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635367 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Our family use to fish Little Bowstring
 I'd like to go back there someday.
it's one of the lakes I've never been on but want to try. Hear tell there are nice fish in it but can be a struggle to find them
I managed to catch fish so I shudder to think how many you'd catch!  :sleazy:
I stop at my limit!! :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

I
But, with lake names like Little Dick, Big Dick and Jack the horse.  You kind of wonder what the heck the folks were up to when they came up with those names?   :scratch: :scratch:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I like to think that one of those lakes was in honor of me..   but—
Jack the Horse was supposedly in honor of a lumberjack,  named Jack, who pulled a sled loaded with saw logs to camp by himself after the horse pulling the load died on the way in.
That accounts  for two names. Don’t know who little Dick was named after. We also have Big Johnson and Little Johnson in the neighborhood.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: Yea there are alot of lakes up there with names one has to wonder how they came about. Big to much, little to much  :scratch: :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the one spot on the narrows looks like it froze up some, the one on shore looks like it got wetter????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
it's one of the lakes I've never been on but want to try. Hear tell there are nice fish in it but can be a struggle to find them
:scratch:           :fish2: OR  :toast:  :confused:             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a couple pop ups on west cam at the Narrows about mid afternoon yday, looks like 1 might be back out there this mornin too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:           :fish2: OR  :toast:  :confused:             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: I'll never tell!! :mooning: I haven't had a alcoholic beverage since I was up north. That could change today however. :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty quiet on the cams so far. looking at the forecast for up there this week, there saying 4-8 inches of snow think tues into wed. think i'll be done going up there for a while!!!!! :confused: especially by myself. i'll wait till after my brother and his kid goes up super bowl weekend. he'll have everything cleaned up and a path on the lake!!!!!!! :smoking: :smoking:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There were 3 or 4  portables off to northwest at the Narrows late yday afternoon again. One wheelhouse just came in over at Geiger's & the rest that were there all week are still out. Looks like quite a few probably over by the other access(35) & some to the south of the nw access now too.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty quiet on the cams so far. looking at the forecast for up there this week, there saying 4-8 inches of snow think tues into wed. think i'll be done going up there for a while!!!!! :confused: especially by myself. i'll wait till after my brother and his kid goes up super bowl weekend. he'll have everything cleaned up and a path on the lake!!!!!!! :smoking: :smoking:
:confused: My weather guy is only sayin 1-3" for Tuesday up there.  :scratch: Maybe your guy's been  :smoking: too.  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gunner, he has a job so he's making excuses to not go to the cabin. I also saw one to three inches.      :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, he has a job so he's making excuses to not go to the cabin. I also saw one to three inches.      :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: Yea not the case.  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:I don't fish lakes with plowed roads either. But I like it that way

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Pretty sure there isn't any plowed roads over our way, might even have trouble gettin in to the PA unless you have a sled. Even then, not much for a place to unload a trailer either. :happy1: :cool: Seems like most of those who just visit once in a while are slobs anyway. :sad:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's snowing pretty good over at the Narrows now but is still quiet over at Geiger's.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
webcams are pretty quiet this morning.............wonder why.................. :cold: :cold: :cold:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There looked to be quite bit pf activity out on Bowstring last weekend though. Early Saturday until ~ mid afternoon Sunday the units out front of Geiger's were MIA. Could see 6-8, maybe 10, groups in the usual spots off in the distance Saturday afternoon.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea noticed that too. yesterday there was someone set up out of one of the narrows cam!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple trucks out by the wheelhouses in front Geiger's when I just looked.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple trucks out by the wheelhouses in front Geiger's when I just looked.
:happy1: seen that also.

i've been skeeming, planning my next adventures up north!!!!!! :sleazy: hopefully headed to LOTW'S the weekend of the 12-13, mean while my brother and his kid will be at the cabin. that means everything should be packed down and cleaned up and paths out on one lake at least.!!!!! :evil: :happy1:

spearing closes on the 27th...so if the stare align, meaning not much snow after they leave and the temps are tolerable i'll gonna head up that weekend!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so Gunner...when you  guys thinking of heading back up there???????????? :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother has a dentist appt next Tuesday, 2/1, so probably next week after that. Depending on the weather, of course.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Looks like a wet spot on the north side of the west webcam at the Narrows today to me. Just watched 1 of the 2 houses at Geiger's come in & unhook too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i seen that yesterday to gunner, it was a busy place yesterday!!!!! Wanderer from FM is out there somewhere this weekend. siad they got plenty of snot rockets. he did mention going looking for crappies but didnt say he found any.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the cams.......pretty quiet at the narrows seems unusual.

bowstring shores has activity and for the first time seen someone driving out of there but they detoured already..........that road looks really wet!!!!! :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't always check that 1, can see someone out not too far. :scratch: Didn't see much for grayish looking wet spots when I just looked though. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when i go to the site it comes up dark.....click on the arrow or whatever you call it it comes up live. that spot looks like real trouble!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just watched 2 sleds go out & they stayed to the right with no issues what so ever. I can't see any trouble spots either unless that's 1 at the start of the road on the left. Only time it's ever came up dark for me is when I just tried to post the link. I have no arrow as it's always live as there's a something hangin on the right side of the 1 dock that's usually movin.  I go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBqT5y9dRb8        Click on the link & that's what I always get right out of my favorites.
« Last Edit: January 01/29/22, 11:17:25 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
rumor has it bowstring shores shut down there access yesterday due to the slush!!!!!!!  :shocked:

gunner must still be in bed with his teddy bear!!!!!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You get that from the same place that you get your tax filing info from? :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:  :doah:            :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: I'm up by 5 or 6, 9 days out 10 so :moon:, & I got better things to do than listen to your :bs: that early everyday. :pouty: :thumbs:  :tut:
« Last Edit: January 01/30/22, 09:18:36 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You get that from the same place that you get your tax filing info from? :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:  :doah:            :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: I'm up by 5 or 6, 9 days out 10 so :moon:, & I got better things to do than listen to your :bs: that early everyday. :pouty: :thumbs:  :tut:
my tax filing information is just fine..........thank you............... :mooning: :mooning: