Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 643051 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Not in this weather :bonk:, maybe next week or even next month!  :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't you find a bucket?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :pouty: :tut:  :mooning: I need all my buckets for :fish2: so I sit on a folding chair.  :sleazy: :nerd:       ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 02/18/22, 08:13:26 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :pouty: :tut:  :mooning: I need all my buckets for :fish2: so I sit on a folding chair.  :sleazy: :nerd:       ;) :laugh: :laugh:
ha i claim  :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I see that Geigers blew the tranny on their plow truck so they borrowed a truck from Lakewood to finish the season.    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey merc, have you been by or drove into the access off 35???

I've been thinking if I go up late March of spending a day out there to see if I can hook a few crappies and perch

Mayhaps that gunner guy could be a nice guy for a change and check it out. :sleazy:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm sure if I would ask Gunner he would do it but you? Good luck on that.   :rotflmao:  I haven't got that way. We were going to go up next week but the -20 temps put our plans on hold.   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: What's it worth to ya? :sleazy: :nerd: :confused: :evil:             ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
OK........................................we pulled in there on our 1st Sunday paper run, 2/6, & took 1 look before we backed out on to Co Rd 35 again & came home. :doah: Only tracks heading to the PA were from sleds & we weren't gonna get stuck in there. :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK........................................we pulled in there on our 1st Sunday paper run, 2/6, & took 1 look before we backed out on to Co Rd 35 again & came home. :doah: Only tracks heading to the PA were from sleds & we weren't gonna get stuck in there. :bonk:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i knew you could do it!!!!!!!! :mooning:

hopefully when i do decide to head up...a good amount of snow will be gone........but if i remember right that landing can be a bit pushed up ??????

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the webcams up there look pretty white!!!!!!!!!! :doah: highbanks posted a picture on facebook....cant even see the lake !!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Both of 'em on this end can have a nasty pressure ridge late in the season. Seems like the Northern Acres 1 is usually worse IMO though.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta a buddy heading to b-string as we speak. You see a white douche pulling a glacier charge him double to get on the lake!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he might be lucky to get there
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that! Pretty sure he stayed on 6 and didn't take 371..Hopefully.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked a plow camera on 2 between GR & DR, it looked OK to me. North of DR on either 6 or 46 weren't quite as good & a little more west wasn't very good at all. Good luck getting out on the lake in this wind. :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that! Pretty sure he stayed on 6 and didn't take 371..Hopefully.
i sure hope he makes it boober........but i got an aweful lot of miles on 6......sometimes it gets butt ugly there too!!!!!!!!! it does have trees to protect it some, but it also is a spot where the snow settles in.

i'm thinking if highbanks shut down for the day......so will geigers??????????/

based on the webcam it dont look bad there.......bowstring shores on the other hand...................... :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/18/22, 04:27:16 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
   :scratch: :doah: NW wind doesn't hit Geiger's but out on the lake I would think it's drifted bad. 'Sposed to get better after midnight though. Nobody's went out of the resort here all day that I've seen.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Narrows cam is :moon: ugly too. :crazy: :tut:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just watched a plow truck go out of Geiger's.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just watched a plow truck go out of Geiger's.
been kinda watching........the narrows live cam seems to be down, but yesterday it looked like an aweful lot of drifts......could be a bumpy ride out there!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gunner, did you see the Jason Mitchell show today? He was fishing out of Lakewood with Charlie Worrath catching crappies from last fall I believe. Good show and nice fish.    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, did you see the Jason Mitchell show today? He was fishing out of Lakewood with Charlie Worrath catching crappies from last fall I believe. Good show and nice fish.    :happy1:
of they we're catct fish they weren't with gunner. :super smiley: :super smiley: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Worrath used to make a pretty good fish batter. :happy1: I heard Mitchell is a fraud that copies others, just what I've heard.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No I didn't, but I remember when JM was here last season as I could here their drone & it was more like July or August, if I remember right. The scuttlebutt I got was that he didn't catch jack here so they hired Charlie to help makin the promo for LL that he was gettin paid for. The neighbor seen 'em deconin his boat after the 1st 1/2 day :doah: & rumour is they went to a different lake to make the video. :pouty: :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
of they we're catct fish they weren't with gunner. :super smiley: :super smiley: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Worrath used to make a pretty good fish batter. :happy1: I heard Mitchell is a fraud that copies others, just what I've heard.
   :pouty: :mooning: :tut: I probably C & R more 13-15" crappies in 1 season that glenn has seen .............................................while he's sleepin.  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil: Not to mention the 9.5- 10.5 gills too. :banghead: :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, I have heard that JM his a Genz wannabe. Gunner, don't know for sure where he caught them but it was a bigger lake from the camera shots. They did have drone footage of the resort and bay. They were nice size fish, much bigger than the pictures I've seen from Glenn.     :rotflmao: