Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635789 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn, I have heard that JM his a Genz wannabe. Gunner, don't know for sure where he caught them but it was a bigger lake from the camera shots. They did have drone footage of the resort and bay. They were nice size fish, much bigger than the pictures I've seen from Glenn.     :rotflmao:
it's what I've heard to.

Gunner .. :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor is good friends with the new owners of LL as he has permission to use their access whenever he wants & since he's usually up here by himself he does a lot. I thought they told him that JM & Worrath went to Big Jessie to catch those fish that day. I do know JM was gone the next morning really early as he had some guide work scheduled back out in ND that day or the next. They can do wonders when they are editing/making a video these days & it wouldn't be too hard to make it look like they caught those fish here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You got that right gunner. My brodder fished with several back in the day, sometimes Winnie but usually the big pond. He was in the boat during a lure promotion with the white haired and bearded fella ( not gonna mention any names) but fish were caught and re fought on the promotional lure for filming.  Think that was the last he fished with him..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha that sounds like fella from the brainerd area?? :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to go to Lake Michigan every year and got to know the charter crew pretty well. They told me that they had one if the well known TV guys and their crew out one year. Action was really slow so they decided to tie a coffee mug on one of the lines. Then They filmed the rod tip bouncing like crazy while they talked about the tremendous fight the fish put up.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It looked to be a busy weekend over at the resort to me. All the tracked toys that started showin up on Tuesday/Wednesday were gone by Friday. A couple pickups, 1 with a trailer, & 3 sleds with 4-5 people showed up but they were gone by Saturday. We found 4 pickups but no trailers or even signs of any sleds or wheelers/SxS's over there yday early. Nobody out of there out on the bay Saturday or Sunday that we seen either.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Merc, have you been up that way lately???

Gunner, when at the meat raffle anyone talk about lake conditions??

I'm getting serious cabin withdrawals!! :doah: but pretty much know it be a wasted trip  :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, it was mostly locals except for 3-4 groups on sleds.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet there was only about 1/4 the usual # of wheelhouses on the road Wednesday when we went to town too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We did see 4-5 shacks out on Bowstring today when we went for the paper. They were all west of the PA on 35 though as we never pulled in there. It did look like there has been more traffic in & out of there than before to me.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If the stars align after some of the snow melts a guy from grand rapids is going to take me out on pokegema chasing tullies!!! :happy1:

Then I'll think about hitting bowstring and a few other lakes
« Last Edit: February 02/27/22, 06:58:37 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You're expecting Mother Nature to start likin you now?  :crazy:              :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:              ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 02/28/22, 08:30:58 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We've been planning trips almost every week but the weather keeps making us wait. With basically only Bow to fish we are waiting for the snow to melt down some so we can get out to our lakes we normally hit. It has  been tough not getting up there much this winter, especially every month when I get my plowing bill. Problem is when the snow starts melting it is going to be a short spring ice fishing season. All the water going through the ice will take a toll.     

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We've been planning trips almost every week but the weather keeps making us wait. With basically only Bow to fish we are waiting for the snow to melt down some so we can get out to our lakes we normally hit. It has  been tough not getting up there much this winter, especially every month when I get my plowing bill. Problem is when the snow starts melting it is going to be a short spring ice fishing season. All the water going through the ice will take a toll.   
i hear ya Merc.......after new years its been brutal up there.

i'll be ready in a days notice when it happens though!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
talking 6 to 10 inches of snow this Saturday here...   way to early to get worked up   but it's enough to make one watchful   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Mike, I'm looking for some good news not this more snow stuff.    :laugh:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, I'm looking for some good news not this more snow stuff.    :laugh:

me too!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
   i hear ya Merc.......after new years its been brutal up there.

i'll be ready in a days notice when it happens though!!!!!!!!!
Whenever we've gotten a chance in the last week or so we've been pullin snow of our roof. We finally got around to north side of the garage this PM. The side opposite the lake(east) on the cabin still has a drift that has to be 3' tall about 1/2 way up. :rolleyes: Bet there hasn't been many more than ~ dozen people on the bay since we got here on 2/3 & 2/3 - 3/4 of those have struggled just to get around out here. TWC now has us getting 4-6" with most of that coming Saturday night. This AM it was 1-3". :confused:
« Last Edit: February 02/28/22, 03:55:03 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well they predicted with this last go round we were supposed to get 8-15 inches, we might have got 3.

I wouldn't hold your breath them be accurate.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Since you want to come back up we'll probably get 10-12".  :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Since you want to come back up we'll probably get 10-12".  :pouty:

ouch!!  too funny!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: :nerd: :evil: Actually, I hope he's right :shocked: :bonk:, as it may be mid-April before we see much green grass up here now anyway. The new forecast today is now saying 1-3" during the day on Saturday & another 3-5" Saturday night, however. :rolleyes: :sad: What we don't need is a bunch of warm rain & have it all melt way too fast. There'd be water everywhere. :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple pickups & 1 bigger toy hauler trailer over at the resort by early yday PM. Another there today with a big flatbed type trailer when we come back from GR today. It looked like 2 guys with 1 sled were just settin up a portable out front of our place when we came home, ~1:30. A couple more sleds & 3 people went out to basin area on the other side of the bay around 3 too.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They need to sit on pails if dey wanna catch fish..  ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: There's some advertising on the toy hauler for a lawncare business that says at least some are Cheesheads so...................................  :bonk:       ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We were a bit earlier than normal again yday but the busiest place we seen was the gas station.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Called the neighbor today, he just had rotator cuff surgery on Tuesday, & he told me we are 1 of the 50+ lakes with the new sunfish regs. So, I had to look it up & it says there's 5 sunfish limit all the way from the Co Rd 35 bridge up past Rice Lake to Co Rd 145 bridge. That includes Portage, Little Sand, & Birdseye as well. :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You can't catch any anyway so shouldn't bother you.  :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It should keep some of the meat hunters I know away though.  :pouty: :tut:  :mooning:     
:sleazy: :nerd: :evil:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: It should keep some of the meat hunters I know away though.  :pouty: :tut:  :mooning:     
:sleazy: :nerd: :evil:
if you're referring to me I can leave all them little stunted snot rockets alone in your system 🤭 :mooning: it's the only thing I fish for there!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1: