Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635340 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I don't fish for sunfish either :tut: :mooning: & almost all of 'em I do catch accidently go back. I'd rather catch them again instead eating them because they're usually nice fish. There's at least 20-30 Mennonites over at the resort ~ late August or early September every year though & I'm certain they take everything they can. :rolleyes:  I wouldn't be really surprised if they change their mind & go somewhere else now with the new regs here.  :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/22, 05:56:14 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: It should keep some of the meat hunters I know away though.  :pouty: :tut:  :mooning:     
:sleazy: :nerd: :evil:
if you're referring to me I can leave all them little stunted snot rockets alone in your system 🤭 :mooning: it's the only thing I fish for there!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:
Naw, you can take all of them picklers you want outta here. The more, the better.  :happy1: In fact, I even take some of the better <22" I get now. We keep a few meals & the BIL likes 'em so I usually give them some to eat too, which is mostly during Lent for them.  :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
we never made it over there last year for some reason????? i noticed they pretty thin across the back, even compared to the ones on bowstring  :scratch: :scratch: they are however perfect pickling material!!!!!!!!

due to proximity......we usually stay in little sand but if  that channel is deep enough we will fish along that shoreline too!!!!!!!

its wierd though as many of them little slimers as we've caught over there, we have never got one over 26 and very few in the 22-26 inch slot??????/
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor & I have been getting 1 or 2 over 26" the last couple years. He's had a couple 30-32" that he's kept, in fact. Mine have been more like 28" & have went back. We don't fish that end of the lake much though. The slot fish are just about as rare as the over 26" but not quite.
« Last Edit: March 03/05/22, 12:01:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Merc's little honey hole is a 5 fish limit now. Little turtle.

So is pokegema by grand rapids. I've seen sunfish out of there and they are nice!!
« Last Edit: March 03/05/22, 12:10:22 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The way I understand it, the new regs are just a 5 fish daily limit but you can still have the same possession limit of 20 sunfish.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's my understanding also  :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Yea Glenn Little Turtle is five but I guess I really don't mind a whole lot. I do a lot of fishing during the year so I'm more in to catching than keeping as I get older. As long as we get enough for a fish fry when we are up that is all we really care about. I think it will help in the long run. Other lakes like Grave and Little Bow are also five so just one more on the list. The nice thing is it's so nice and close to the cabin but catch and release is fun. Less time cleaning and more time for cards and beer.     :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i've been fishing little turtle the past 2 years on and off. of the boats i've seen on the lake, i've only ever seen 1 pontoon fishing for sunfish?? i have never tried it for sunfish usally throw a rapala on the end and hope for walleyes and pike. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went down to the NW access this mornin, 1st time for me, & I could still count 7 houses out on the lake. Most were down a bit south of that access but a couple were ~ 100yds north & there was still 1 up near CR 35. Somebody had plowed a bunch, 3-4', of snow down in front of the pressure ridge at the bottom of the ramp but it looked like it wasn't a problem getting around it on the north side, yet

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went down to the NW access this mornin, 1st time for me, & I could still count 7 houses out on the lake. Most were down a bit south of that access but a couple were ~ 100yds north & there was still 1 up near CR 35. Somebody had plowed a bunch, 3-4', of snow down in front of the pressure ridge at the bottom of the ramp but it looked like it wasn't a problem getting around it on the north side, yet
thats the one next to giegers correct????? there north of 200 so they got a couple more weeks before houses gotta be off????

you checked the 35 access lately??????/

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Yeah, I went down to the 1 that we went out of when dakids & crew were up here. I pulled in 1 on 35 on Sunday but did a 3 pt at the entrance as I didn't want to get stuck. Probably could've made it but :scratch: According to the 10 day we have a week of 40* starting next Tuesday. Could get pretty sloppy after that.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/22, 09:36:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I went down to the 1 that we went out of when dakids & crew were up here. I pulled in 1 on 35 on Sunday but did a 3 pt at the entrance as I didn't want to get stuck. Probably could've made it but :scratch: According to the 10 day we have a week of 40* starting next Tuesday. Could get pretty sloppy after that.
  :happy1: :happy1: i'll take sloppy iffin i can get to the cabin!!! :happy1: i wanna head to pokegema to fish tullies!!!!!! and check out a few more lakes!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well the DNR just pizzed me off even further.  :crazy: :banghead: :banghead:now the paperwork that we did a year ago to transfer ownership of 2 little boats at the cabin isnt good enough now.  :confused: :angry2:

they say they, the DNR, is getting more picky!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: last time we didnt need a bill of sale.....now we do????? its not getting friggin sold.......its ownership is being transfered to my brother and i and not a single penny is exchanging hands!!!!! oh the  :bs: :surrender:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just need your Mom to write a give to you bill of sale.  Can even be on a piece of scratch paper. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just need your Mom to write a give to you bill of sale.  Can even be on a piece of scratch paper.
i got the paperwork from the license plate and had her do her part....but now i have to send it out to my brother in cheeseland....... then go back up there!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :shocked:             ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like momma nature might be starting to be kind up there next couple weeks.  :happy1: best start getting ready now....i gotz one last ice fishing trip in me yet.........and a trip to pokey in rapids for tullies hopefully!!!!!!!!! thinking it'll come up fast!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey gunner......any idea how much snow has piled up since super bowl weekend???? i'm really getting the itch now!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'd guess 2-3'. :evil:               ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I'd guess 2-3'. :evil:               ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :taz:

good thing i got real friends up there i can ask!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Pretty sure I ran the wheeler & blade down the drive at least once a week in February, glenn. We might of had 3-4" a couple of those times but no big totals. Alway the light, fluffy stuff that would drift some up here by our garage. Could be quite different up your way. Looked like they had plenty up at the meat raffle when we've been there, so......................... :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: thanks.......my brother had it plowed out super bowl weekend...iffin it gets as warm as they say i should get in....i hope.

when i come up all depends on when or if that guy in grand rapids decides if the snow dropped enough!!!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
seen on fartbook today highbanks is closing for the winter fishing season on feb 13th!!!!!!!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
seen on fartbook today highbanks is closing for the winter fishing season on feb 13th!!!!!!!!
Almost a month ago?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost a month ago?
:confused: :happybounce: :banghead: :banghead: oops!!!  :rotflmao: march 13th, this coming Monday.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A sled & a SxS with tracks, both had pop up shelters, were out on the bay before noon today. Went into the resort as it was getting dark.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like there going to be 2 of us up there in 2 weeks!!!🤭 :sleazy:  :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Might want to bring your waders by that time. :sleazy: :rotflmao: Or your boat! :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Might want to bring your waders by that time. :sleazy: :rotflmao: Or your boat! :rolleyes:
:happy1: :happy1: whatever it takes!!! :happy1:

its gonna take tht long for all the snow to melt!!!!!!! shouldnt do much damage to the ice!!!!!!! i hope!!!! :rolleyes: