Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 636112 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor called early today, he'd just got his property taxes for up here :shocked: & he wanted to know what ours looked like. Ours were worse :doah: as it's been in the family so long there's been no new valuation done, they just got theirs from her parents. Seen yours yet?
« Last Edit: April 04/12/22, 02:58:42 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ours keeps going up. Not sure what the valuation went up but the taxes went up $146.00 oner last year's tax, pretty sure it has alot to do with the new big shed.

Nothing else has been done to the place in years!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The valuation here went up almost 70%, not sure what the taxes went up. We heard it has more to do with the new jail in GR, plus there's a bond issue. Sounds like there's quite few unhappy people about it around here.
« Last Edit: April 04/12/22, 03:10:00 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Estimated Market Values have gone up quite a bit. Mine and some of my Itasca County neighbors’ EMV took some significant jumps. Also property I own in Anoka County and my sister’s property in Anoka County went up significantly. I think it’s mostly because of the increases in prices of homes all over.  Not sure what the effect will be on the actual taxes due in 2023.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I’m in Hubbard co. I just received my proposed tax statement today. My home increased in market value $100000.00, my farm increased $60000.00. No improvements, Unbelievable!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just took a peek at Geiger's webcam.... The lake looks like a wet mess and!!🙄

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sprinkles started here ~ 2, had a short snow squall around 5. Lots of really gray slushy lookin spots all over the bay by then too & the weedy point leavin the bay is starting to get kind of dark.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sprinkles started here ~ 2, had a short snow squall around 5. Lots of really gray slushy lookin spots all over the bay by then too & the weedy point leavin the bay is starting to get kind of dark.
safe travels back today bud!!!!!!!

the ice on the webcams sure look like a sloppy mess........thats gotta do some damage to that ice. i'm ready for open water!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The 1st open water we seen was were the Rum River ran into the west side of ML yday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn.........just read a story on MSN about the guy that owns Mcardles resort in Winnie. apparently he died in an accident out in Idaho fishing.  :doah:

sounds like family and friends are helping the wife getting ready for summer business season!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good story about him. Was in the Strib too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Used them a few times for some charter fishing when Dad was in the wheelchair. Looked to be a pretty big family run operation to me, super nice people too. :sad:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just read the story, sad deal but good for them on moving forward!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had someone asking about ice out on Nextdoor in the last day or so & he had 3 people respond.  They all said they had 4-6" of new snow on Sunday & that there was still 25-30" of good ice on the lake. :evil: At least 2 of 'em had been on the ice last weekend & 1 said it's quite possible that there will be ice yet on the Opener. :rolleyes: One poster was from up by Max & the other 2 are on the east side of the mouth of the river.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had someone asking about ice out on Nextdoor in the last day or so & he had 3 people respond.  They all said they had 4-6" of new snow on Sunday & that there was still 25-30" of good ice on the lake. :evil: At least 2 of 'em had been on the ice last weekend & 1 said it's quite possible that there will be ice yet on the Opener. :rolleyes: One poster was from up by Max & the other 2 are on the east side of the mouth of the river.
:tut: :confused: well your full of encouraging news this morning!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :confused: So you may want to turn on the fans & turn up the hot air when you go up next week! :nerd: :evil:         ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
its not cast in stone exactly when i go up!!!!! i really wanted t o take a boat ride to see if i can see any dead fish.ya know to dog the DNR !!!!!! :smoking: :evil: and to put the pump in, wont be the end of the world if i dont get that done, my brother can do that. hoping the close to 70 and rain saturday helps along!!!! i can do alot of other things on my list that doesnt require the ice being off!!!!!

the weather has more of a factor of when i go then the ice on the lake!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Another winterkill & they may change their minds on stocking.  :rolleyes:  :evil: I'm seein more like 60 for Saturday up there & low 40's - upper 30's on both sides of that.  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it'll help!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm thinking there blowing smoke........unless its all melted since sunday there is a fair amount of ground showing on the webcams this morning!!!!  :rotflmao: :mooning:

AND according to the CO'S reports yesterday, there maybe 25 plus inches of ice, the landings are getting iffy!! :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  :confused: I just thought I should share the good news!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:        ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 04/21/22, 06:28:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Gunner....i assume your up at the lake??? :scratch: :scratch: just curious, how much snow is still laying around in the woods up there???

kinda hard to get the big picture by the webcams.......about the only thing i see there is a big sloppy mess!!!!! from what i did see looks like the snow took a big hit!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Somewhere between Hill City & GR we started seeing snow. Mainly in the west & north facing ditches but there was quite a bit back in the woods in some of those spots too. We have some snow in the yard yet where we plowed or it's shaded but I suspect a good share of that will disappear today. There was no snow out on the bay but it looks more like a swimmin pool today. The ditches between Aitkin & Hill City were full of water yday too. The dam at the papermill was rollin yday & I don't think I've ever seen much more water below that dam than there was when we went by. No sign of your DNR buddies ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: yet over at Little Cutfoot where they normally take spawn either. There is a small area on the north side of our shoreline & the bullrush bed is thicker that has a little open water.
« Last Edit: April 04/23/22, 08:49:54 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Somewhere between Hill City & GR we started seeing snow. Mainly in the west & north facing ditches but there was quite a bit back in the woods in some of those spots too. We have some snow in the yard yet where we plowed or it's shaded but I suspect a good share of that will disappear today. There was no snow out on the bay but it looks more like a swimmin pool today. The ditches between Aitkin & Hill City were full of water yday too. The dam at the papermill was rollin yday & I don't think I've ever seen much more water below that dam that there was when we went by. No sign of your DNR buddies ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: yet over at Little Cutfoot where they normally take spawn either. There is a small area on the north side of our shoreline & the bullrush bed is thicker that has a little open water.
thanks bud!!!!!!! :happy1: i got a couple downed trees in the woods i'd like to cut up!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of mud at my place.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Still some standing water here so I'm not sure the frost has gone out yet. :scratch: Probably getting close though as the puddles are getting smaller. Some green grass in the sunny spots starting to show too. It doesn't sound like this week's weather will be a lot of help though. :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the webcams view of the ice looks pretty dark today!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not much open water down by the little bridge yday or the 1 down by your girlfriends' place on Friday either. :confused:             :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Not much open water down by the little bridge yday or the 1 down by your girlfriends' place on Friday either. :confused:             :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:mooning: don't matter, I'm going to be coming up tomorrow afternoon one way or da udder!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We're ready!! :snow2:               :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: