Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635715 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: We're ready!! :snow2:               :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:scratch: Maybe, just a few flurries now.  :angel:          ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: you aint scaring me!!!! :mooning: :evil: hoping to be there by 6 tonight!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: :nerd:  :evil:                                     :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the webcams are starting to show some pretty crappy ice today!!!!!!!!

inthe mail today i received the Jessie Lake Watershed Assoc......newsletter called the jessie jabber!!!!! although i wasnt specifically named  :evil: :rotflmao: they did have discussions on stocking our lake this spring!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen on fartbook that kim and Rick sold highbanks resort and headed to south Dakota!  :confused: :doah: :shocked:

Wonder who bought the resort???
« Last Edit: April 04/30/22, 06:28:25 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 We had somebody posting about being out & checking the ice Saturday. They had a lot of slush for 20-25' but it was much better after that. They went out 100' & found 22" of good clear ice yet then. :shocked: Posted a pic too & you could see his tracks getting out there. Looked but I couldn't find anything on the new HB owners. :scratch:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/22, 05:22:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Over on IDO someone posted a shot of the new owners. The guys name is Evan, pretty sure he was working for highbanks and I had heard this was in the works for a while!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor's youngest usually goes over there quite a bit that way he can leave his house over here & not haul it home all the time. He said they were pretty busy this year. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  It's ~ 1/2 way open down at the little bridge this morning. If the rest doesn't go out today, it should tomorrow IMO. Seen my 1st Loon down there today too. :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: the webcams are showing more open water and darker ice every day.   :happy1:

Can't be a whole lot of snow left in the woods either???

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I see where Sundin has been talkin to your buddy :rolleyes:...........................Weitzel & he told Sundin that it'll be at least this weekend before they start to set up the stripping operation over on Little Cutfoot.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Sundin has been talkin to your buddy :rolleyes:...........................Weitzel & he told Sundin that it'll be at least this weekend before they start to set up the stripping operation over on Little Cutfoot.
i read that too!!!!!!!!

a landowner on Peterson, he's from Alabama is on the board of the Jessie Lake Watershed, he and i have been having email conversations lately. i happen to get there newsletter in the mail and noticed that they are going to try and get him there at the picnic or fall meeting in Aug. since they got he fisheries talked into stocking peterson.i'm going to join the watershed group.......and plan on going to a meeting he is at to meet Mr. Wentzel!!!!!  :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've talked to him a couple times when he came to our meetings & he's a nice guy. It was quite a while ago now though & he was just the regional biologist instead of being the lead guy, like he is now.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Found out that many lakes in the 500 acre variety went ice free today. The ice in front of Geiger sure took a beating.  :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked the satellite late Tuesday & some small lakes around Emily still had ice then, so it's going fast. Now only the mid-sized lakes just south of Leech show any ice. There was still a little down in the channel yday ~ 2, but we had 25-30' of open water along our shore by yday PM. The weed bed leaving our bay has gotten real dark in the last couple days too. With some wind & rain in the forecast we should be open by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest IMO.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like the wind pushed the ice sheet around on bowstring!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It didn't look like we lost much ice yday IMO but this morning it's pushed everything away from our shore, big time. The weedy point leavin the bay is open all the way across today too, so it will really be movin now. No ice down at the little bridge yday either. Today's wind, rain tomorrow & possibly Monday & a good share of our ice could be gone by Tuesday or Wenesday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like most of the ice is gone out of the narrows cams, the bowstring cams show alot of really black ice!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
reading Jeff Sundins report, according to my buddy in the rapids fisheries dept!! :sleazy: :evil: Wentzel said they wont  be doing the egg collection at cutfoot this year. apparently 2 other collection sites got plenty!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked our PA on the way home & there's still a little ice in the NW side of our Narrows. A bit in the NW corner of the Boot too, so I'd imagine the north end of the big lake has some as well. Quite a bit of pretty black ice out front of the CR 35 access on Bowstring & on Geiger's webcam this AM too. Wentzel? :doofus: :confused: If your gonna be buddies :rolleyes: you might as well get his name right, & it's Weitzel. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:              ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 05/08/22, 03:05:02 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked our PA on the way home & there's still a little ice in the NW side of our Narrows. A bit in the NW corner of the Boot too, so I'd imagine the north end of the big lake has some as well. Quite a bit of pretty black ice out front of the CR 35 access on Bowstring & on Geiger's webcam this AM too. Wentzel? :doofus: :confused: If your gonna be buddies :rolleyes: you might as get his name right, & it's Weitzel. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:              ;) :laugh: :laugh:

oh boy!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: whatever, weasel, wentzel, weitzel, all the same!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: once I get to personally meet him, then I'll decide!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He takes 1 look at you :evil: & he'll RUN the other way  :mooning: :rotflmao:.......................... if he's 1/2 as smart as I think he is. :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: He takes 1 look at you :evil: & he'll RUN the other way  :mooning: :rotflmao:.......................... if he's 1/2 as smart as I think he is. :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: ha!!!!!!! i'll dazzle him with   :bs: :bs:  :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rumor has it, well I did see a picture taken from a pontoon, the ice is out on Roosevelt in Outing.

And the ice on bowstring took a beating today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We weren't at the 35 access very long but there was quite a bit (15-20') of open water between shore & the ice. The ice looked like it did here yday too, pretty dark.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, what's in your mind is the water level at?? My brother likes to dump in on little sand and head up rice to that rice lake! If it's low he can't get there

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He won't have any trouble as it's as high as I can ever remember seeing it. In fact, we may need to take a 16' section off our 40' rollout dock. We only had 28' out early 2-3 years ago & that was ~ as high as I remember seeing it since the late 70's. We may be even higher starting this season. :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
he'll be glad to hear it. when he can get up there he does pretty good for walleyes......by the time i get there walleyes are usually back in the main lakes!!!!!  :pouty: :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like the ice is gone on bowstring. maybe just a tiny bit along geigers shoreline!!!!! :happy1: