Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 631829 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
No. it was the lake you always said doesn't have any fish. Remember?      :scratch:
:scratch: :scratch: I've added a few to that list lately????

So no I don't???  If it's big Jessie ... Nope. But that's where I'd say I caught them!!!🤣
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If he didn't cross six there are only two lakes left. One has a slot so might not be that one.    :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
he did text me a picture of the fish they got over on cutfoot. i did not see any walleyes in the bucket but they did get some slimers. perfrct for the smoker!!!!!!

Merc.....he thinks the slot is merely a suggestion!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but i've fished with him enough he does follow the rules.....at least when i'm there. damn cheeseheads!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

havent decided when i'm headed up yet???? friday or saturday. mom will be  there till sunday morning!!!!! we just do things different and she gets funny on those things that shouldnt really matter!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: and i'm bringing the 2 dogs.....whick will make it even worse!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My crew is heading up for our 45th annual trip the day after Memorial day and then another crew is coming up the 9th of June. Busy few weeks but lots of fun will be had.     :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My crew is heading up for our 45th annual trip the day after Memorial day and then another crew is coming up the 9th of June. Busy few weeks but lots of fun will be had.     :happy1:
:evil: :evil: guess it'll be safe to head east of hwy 6 next week!!! :sleazy: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got really dark here ~ 4:30, rain started not long after, then I could hear the wind picking up. Looked outside & could see the straight-line wind coming across the bay. It must've been close to a 60 mph wind. :crazy: :scratch: Got trees down, 1 on the boatshed again & another in the front yard that wasn't quite big enough to reach the cabin, this time. No power either, so the genny is running. Called our tree guys & they said it was the same over in Blackduck, where they live.
« Last Edit: May 05/18/22, 06:40:50 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no.  Well stay safe Gunner. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lucky for us, it didn't last very long, 5 minutes tops.  :doah:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear all safe!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Gunner. I spent Monday afternoon untangling and cutting up a fair sized birch tree that wiped out a couple sections of deck railing last Wednesday night. I’ve got some professionals coming next week to drop a half dozen trees that are close to the house and leaning in the wrong direction that I can’t take down without risk of additional damage. They’ll drop them and I’ll limb the small branches and cut the rest up for firewood. The smaller branches are really a PITA. I’m thinking of cutting them alittkexsmaller and trailering them to the compost site on River Road.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got power back a bit after 6:30, it was out for ~ 1.5 hours.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother sent me some pictures of trees down. Looks like on may have headed to the cabin :angry2: :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got a text from him about noonish he said the tree is down and cut up but never said anything about damage!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The sky is turning awfully dark again & the radar ain't lookin so pretty right now either. :pouty: Found our tree guy's card in the door when we got home & gave him a call. He's coming back with his heavy equipment next week. The insurance company called ~ 5 too. :cool:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way Gunner,  :sleazy: :evil: found out yesterday one of my neighbors, no a nice one, will be heading up your way tomorrow morning too!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: so you'll have a few cold spring residents up there. :sleazy: :super smiley: :super smiley:

He and his clan are staying at bowstring shores!!!🤣🤣

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Found out those CS guys aren't as scary as they sound. :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Brother & I won at the meat raffle last night again. :happy1: Neighbor had a couple nice winners at pull tabs too. :cool:
« Last Edit: May 05/21/22, 07:51:56 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well fishing pretty much sucked. Got enough pike for a batch to pickled and one big enough to debone and had that for chow one day. With the weather nice one day and crappy the next was kinda hard to figure out them fish.

Never tried for panfish. Last night I went and opened up the beaver dam, there was a big old snapping turtle looking like it was starting to make it's nest for the eggs. Oh man she was easy Pickens. :sleazy: all I seen was a turtle shell clock and a nummy turtle supper. BUT I let it be so it could do it's thing.... And well can't legally harvest them yet!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the best part of that time  i was up there i never turned on the TV and the only radio i listened to was when i drove someplace with the truck.

damn that was nice!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went over to the NW PA yday PM, found 3 rigs parked & 1 coming out. The guy coming out said he didn't catch anything. Tim over at the Bstore said last weekend that it had really slowed down over there when I told him we only found 5 @ CR 35 access. Heard the resorters here have been getting a few but almost all are slots. Pretty slow the last week or so over at Mosmo Pt as well, lately.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey gunner, have you had any dealings with the township people. it looks like we are in the sand lake township. i googled that and found 3 of the township people live around Sand lake with spring lake addresses. the names i found where, a Neverburg, Dehn and the clerk Rassmussen. know any of them????????

i figured i made such good friends with the DNR fisheries people  :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: i'd try them next!!!!!!! :rotflmao: my brother and i got to talking about the condition the main road to the cabin is in. we are down dallas road and we go off on dallas trail. its been a whole lotta years since they did any road grating or anything to it............says no money?? :confused: :doah: this has been since before dad passed away.....all of 20 years, people that live year round pays someone to snowplow  :doah: :crazy: :doofus:

we figured they could at the very least come in once every 2-3 years and grade the dang road in and out once, for the amount of tax money they collect  from about the 10 cabins that use that road.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I know the Dehns, they took Sis's old fiberglass beast of a paddle boat off our hands. They live on Eggar Rd & usually sell sweet corn as they have a huge garden on a separate lot. She's usually pretty involved with the kitchen at the SL Community Center too, when there's anything very big going on. Seem like good people to me. :cool:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like that mess with the Township Council by Mora, if they don't maintain it for 40 years they can abandon it and then it is not their responsibility to maintain it anymore.  Don't let them get by with that.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Know Rasmussen a bit too, only because she posts on Nextdoor quite a bit.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Like that mess with the Township Council by Mora, if they don't maintain it for 40 years they can abandon it and then it is not their responsibility to maintain it anymore.  Don't let them get by with that.
good thing you brought that up LPS.... :happy1: :happy1: i made the list of the ones with the spring lake addresses. i'm going to stop at the spring lake store and ask some questions before i make any contact with anyone. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Play nice....................... :evil: for a change!!  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Play nice....................... :evil: for a change!!  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:sleazy: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil: :evil:          :angel: :angel: :angel:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Heading up tomorrow till Saturday for our 44th annual trip and then another crew next week Thursday the 9th till Sunday. Hopefully make a meat raffle at least one trip. Fishing, not sure what it will be like but fun will be had.     :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck fishing Merc. :happy1: I'll be in the area on your second trip up!! :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Meat raffle..................6/10? :confused:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That may work. Depends how serious those guys want to fish.      :happy1: