Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635537 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
rent one
the guy that cleans out our snow inthe winter has one and is only mile and a half away.........i may talk to him!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I didn't think you'd get everybody to chip in as you've told me about those :moon: neighbors a few times before. I still would talk to both your plow guy & the guy that's on the road too just to see what they have to say.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The :fish2: were hungry today, caught the biggest crappie ( 15") I've seen in quite a while & had a really nice sunny( almost 10") & gill(10"+) too. :happy1: :cool: They're all still swimmin but I did keep a couple smaller fish.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gunner............how deep are you finding them sunfish?????? any of t he nice ones i've caught most the summer are suspended over 15-22 ft of water.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm :fishing: the edges of a weedy bar, glenn, & most of the time I'm in 13-16 FOW. Got another 10"er right away today :cool:, 1 small crappie, & 3 or 4 little rock-o's today. Didn't really think they'd be biting like yday after that storm last night but thought I'd check. Everything went back again today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A little slow today, still had 6-8, 1 was pretty nice but the rest were on the small side for here. There wasn't even a ripple most of the time I was out there though so........................& none hit the live well today either.
« Last Edit: September 09/19/22, 08:26:14 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Slow again today & I'm starting to think they are now going deeper. Still had 4, all went back.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty certain I'm done fishing up there. Time to play with guns now.

When I get the boat back I'll go out around here to check out the boat and run my winter stuff threw the gas and probably get it ready for winter storage.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We use earmuffs so we can just hook up a hose & run ours without needing to have it in the lake. Use 'em every Spring to make sure it'll start & every Fall after we treat the gas.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have an Ash tree on this end of the driveway that's been shedding some leaves for most of the last week. A lot of the Ash, Poplar, & Birch trees here are starting to turn so we're beginning to see some yellow leaves. Had a little HH over at the neighbor's yday, he's headed home for a few days, & he even has a maple that has a little red on 1 branch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the muffs also, but this is just an excuse to get one more boat ride, aka, fishing trip in  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the muffs also, but this is just an excuse to get one more boat ride, aka, fishing trip in  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went out early for a bit & only found 2 rock-o's on my spot.  :pouty: The weeds I pulled up looked pretty brown so..................I think they're done....................at least at that spot.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'll decide tomorrow if i head north on monday after i'm done with the store or first thing tuesday morning.

i need a couple new pair of boot liners so gonna call reeds to see if they have them in yet. they said last spring call in the fall, so a slight detour may be in order. just need to decide if they have them in onamia or walker. guess it aint much different from home to the cabin.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was up this week and the panfish were biting really good. Got the sunfish right in the weeds in 10 to 11 feet. The crappies moved on to a weed hump towards evening and we got them casting right over the top of the weeds. Nice fish, threw the bigger ones back as we caught enough sunfish in the 8 1/2 inch ranch and the crappies were in the 11 to 11 1/2 inch size range. The other boat tried for walleye but had no luck. Had two nice days and one crappy one so we hit Hayslips and played cards that day. Good trip!!      :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad you got some fish bud. :happy1: I'll be heading up Monday afternoon with a trip to Walker first to get boot liners! Bringing my fishing rods with but will spend most my time wandering the woods.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed north early afternoon. Looks like a couple nites it could freeze. Otherwise weather looks promising!! A little chasing Grouse, check deer stands and even may wet a line!!👍

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Put on my cold weather gear and went out yday ~ 8:00. I caught 8 & kept 4. Found 'em quite a bit deeper, ~ 20'.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well fellers I'm back in cold spring. But man was the weather great.played in the woods Tuesday but man you had just a split second to shoot at a grouse or it was gone. Wednesday and Thursday I fished, threw all back. Thursday it was so windy I made 1 lap around the lake and pulled the boat.

Friday I went back where my brother deer hunts, didn't see any grouse but shadow barked, his hair in his back stood straight up. We kicked up a bear. Kool to see.. sat we fixed deer stands.
 Lot of leaves yet and we didn't have a frost. But the leaves sure changed in a week.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This was Thursday sunset.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The boy is looking good Glenn.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It was my brother's birthday on Monday & he's been after me to go up to URL most of the season, so we went yday. Left here a little before 8, got there around 9, & was :fishing: by 10. Had a bit more wind/walleye chop than I expected so it wasn't easy fishing by any means. We started ~ 8' & worked our way shallower & found 'em in just under 4' of water. Had our fish by noon but stayed 'til around 1. Nice fish too, all but 1 was 17" +. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: October 10/05/22, 08:03:42 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Gunner's gonna get hot with some weather. Brother is up there now too

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a 10-minute gully washer at 6:30 & getting a little more now. Quite a bit of thunder & lightning too, wind switched to NNW so it cooled off quickly.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother sent me this earlier!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother sent me this earlier!!
most look like they been ded for a spell...

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Not more than a week.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Those fish are fine!! :confused: