Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635751 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They look like they could be a little smelly to me!! :doah:             :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:        ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :confused: :pouty: fine I won't post pictures no more! :doah: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
No, keep posting them. Lightens up my day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No, keep posting them. Lightens up my day.
:happy1: I will, a little grief crap ain't stopping me!! :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother texted me said he hit a deer yesterday coming from rush island back to the cabin between the dump and spring lake. Didn't kill it though.
« Last Edit: October 10/10/22, 07:04:40 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Hope there wasn't much damage to his truck. I haven't seen much of our little group :deer: lately, & when we have it's usually been in the middle of the day too. I usually take the wheeler back there a few times every year, it's a nice ride & a :cool: little lake. Fish it much? How do you do?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't remember ever fishing rush island??? All they caught were bass.

If I hunt deer from my stand back farther I can see that lake. Deer opener seems someone duck hunts out there!
« Last Edit: October 10/11/22, 07:17:33 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
1 nord that just touched 22" & 6-8 sunnies yday here. All came from 1 spot, ~22-24', 1 sunny was a beauty as it was 10.75". :happy1: :cool: All went back.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We had 37*, a WNW wind of 15 or more, & steady wintery mix here yday from around 10:30 on. We still had 5-6 boats out in the bay until at least 4:30-5:00.  :crazy: All but 1 came out of the nearby resort, I believe.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so Gunner........when you guys thinking of heading back south of the border????? if i remember correctly......its usually around deer season or shortly thereafter???

sounds like my brothers kid is going up tonight. guess he's got a new female friend with a few kids........that'll be a rat race.  :doah: he's a good kid for the most part but pretty unreliable and always something he doesnt take care of when he leaves. apparently his dad had a long talk with hin not to long ago.....we'll see!!!!!  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Normally, it's about a week before Thanksgiving & it sounds like it'll be on the 15th this year. Last year it was later as the weather was nicer, so our lake gear came out quite a bit later.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Normally, it's about a week before Thanksgiving & it sounds like it'll be on the 15th this year. Last year it was later as the weather was nicer, so our lake gear came out quite a bit later.
:happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so after doing some research into this grading the road into the cabin and there  :bs: response......i just fired a rebuttal back!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

it might not do any good, but it sure made me feel good!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :happybounce: :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother sent me a text today. His kid said the pump is leaking and the valve that send water to the fish cleaning house cracked also.

All because he and his kid where going up over MEA weekend. And brother backed out

Guess who's got work to do next spring, cause I ain't doing it  :tut: :tut:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope watching Lone Star Law. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother sent me a text today. His kid said the pump is leaking and the valve that send water to the fish cleaning house cracked also.

All because he and his kid where going up over MEA weekend. And brother backed out

We drained our lake pump ~ 2 weeks ago. Good thing too, as we had a few mornings in the mid to upper 20's the end of that week.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Dock was out by 10:30 today. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

We drained our lake pump ~ 2 weeks ago. Good thing too, as we had a few mornings in the mid to upper 20's the end of that week.
yea he was originally going to take care of it when he was up the 2nd week of oct.......but then his kid went up MES, figured he was going up to but changed his mind.

should of did it anyway. i aint fixing it..him and his kid can.  pretty sure he learned something this time!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Neighbor is a duck guy & last week 1 day he found ~ 3/8" of ice in the bay where the river comes into the lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Those few nights when it got down below 20 there was some slim ice on a few of the water holes along 23 going into st cloud.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
about a week ago i sent the township a rebuttal with some pretty decent evidence and reasons why i felt they should grade the road after they told me to they werent going to do it.

today i got i recieved an email back..........LOL.........i don think they like me!!!!!!! :happybounce: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

i aint done yet........after the election, i'm finding out who the county commissioner for our area and having a talk with that individual.....then i might let it go.

he pretty much flat out lied when he told me that road has never been maintained. if its the same person i think it is form the smae family.......they lived on the north end of the lake, on a separate road and had a sawmill there!!!!!1

the saga continues!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/27/22, 06:21:45 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sic em!!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND if they are using a motor grader it is a few minutes up and back.  No big deal.  They are worried that if they do that that from then on they are responsible for that road since they paid attention to it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
AND if they are using a motor grader it is a few minutes up and back.  No big deal.  They are worried that if they do that that from then on they are responsible for that road since they paid attention to it.
yep basically, only asking them to do it every 4-5 years. There more damn worried about setting a precedence and having to do others.

Ain't that there friggin job?? :confused: :angry2:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So that said, if you all on your road contract them to do it when needed they aren't locked in.  SORT OF.   It may pay to hire them now and then and that in turn may get them involved in and be responsible for it. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So that said, if you all on your road contract them to do it when needed they aren't locked in.  SORT OF.   It may pay to hire them now and then and that in turn may get them involved in and be responsible for it.
I don't think I'll ever get that to happen.  :confused: we got a few pills back there!; :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yep basically, only asking them to do it every 4-5 years. There more damn worried about setting a precedence and having to do others.

Ain't that there friggin job?? :confused: :angry2:
  :scratch: :doah: Like I said before,.............................. GOOD LUCK! :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just took a look at the webcams up there!!!!!1 wowzer does it look nice.  :happy1: bowstring lake is almost like glass!!!!!! same at the narrows....and flies walking across the lens!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yday too!! A bit warmer today, seen 65*, a little more breeze yday PM. :happy1: :cool: