Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635624 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
TWC's site sayin another 3-5" up there starting early PM today. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
TWC's site sayin another 3-5" up there starting early PM today. :scratch:
seen that too, but i heard the winds gonna blow it all over onto sand lake!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rolleyes: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It's not going to be that windy up there..........................can't be :rolleyes:, you're in CS. :tut: :mooning:                      ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Light fluffy snow falling this evening. Yesterday was brutal. Checked a few lakes today, the cold seems to have helped some with slush on smaller lakes, checked one bigger lake, slush was pretty bad. Walked about 200 yards and it was bad

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Light fluffy snow falling this evening. Yesterday was brutal. Checked a few lakes today, the cold seems to have helped some with slush on smaller lakes, checked one bigger lake, slush was pretty bad. Walked about 200 yards and it was bad
thanks kettle!!👍

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Checked the webcams lately? Looks to have been some movement at LL's access, doesn't look like they went very far though. Seeing what I think :scratch: is some slush over at The Narrows again too. :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/23/22, 04:02:12 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Checked the webcams lately? Looks to have been some movement at LL's access, doesn't look like they went very far though. Seeing what I think :scratch: is some slush again over at The Narrows again too. :confused:
Yea this morning but there was no activity. Gunner when does activity actually start at the LL resort?
Not sure about the slush at the narrows.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We are never up there this time of year, the earliest we ever get back up there is just after New Years normally. Last year it was the last couple days of January as I got stuck on Jury Duty. They had at least 3-4, maybe 5 cabins with people in 'em then. A good share of those were fishin our lake but some were going over to Bowstring, Little Cutfoot, as well as Winnie & URL is what I heard then.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the webcams this morning.....they finally got that overhang down at geigers and can now see the lake.  :happy1: loooks like some frozen slush in front of Gunners neighbors resort.

all about the same..........its really quiet and no activity................. :scratch:

kettle......have you been out the last few days???? this slush freezing up??????? i'm headed up Thursday morning..........could be for 6-7 days.....or 1-3......depending on the lakes!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sure isnt any activity up there?????? looking at Lakelands webcam looks like its either wet snow just out front or frozen slush????

got some intel from a feller in grand rapids last night that pokegama was good to go. no water or slush, the wind cleaned off all the snow. oh yea he posted a nice bunch of eyes.

he doesnt know about smaller lakes as he's only been on pokey!!!!!!

i'm getting antzy to get up there but at the same time a bit apprehensive bout how bad the lakes might be!!!!!! :scratch: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Lakeland's? :confused:       :doofus: :rolleyes: :smiley:  Looks like somebody on foot out in front of Geiger's now. No portable or much for gear though. At least 1, maybe 2, tents over on the east side of the Narrows too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty:lakeland lakewoods whats the difference!!!!!11 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Report from Grigers is 12 to 14 inches of ice with some pockets of slush and 6 inches of snow on the lake. Once there is 15 inches they will start plowing roads.    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The guy I know from grand rapids, he's on IDO and works at ASV, said he talked to a guy that tried fishing a small lake and said the conditions were horrible!! Deep snow and slush.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Nothing from Sundin or the 1's he talks to in 2 weeks either, &  that was LOTW & Vermilion then.
« Last Edit: December 12/28/22, 06:39:08 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Report from Grigers is 12 to 14 inches of ice with some pockets of slush and 6 inches of snow on the lake. Once there is 15 inches they will start plowing roads.    :happy1:
merc, will they plow you out a spot so the fish don't bother you!!🤣🤣

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They're back out there on Cutfoot early today.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They're back out there on Cutfoot early today.
so is the propane truck!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

someone just went out of Geigers on a snowmobile......trying to look but i'm not seeing much for slush......kinda hard to tell!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12/28/22, 08:19:15 AM by glenn57 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have enough spots where the fish don't bother me, I don't need any more. Hopefully when I finally get up there we can get on the lake somewhere. Last two years I had my yard plowed all winter and we couldn't fish till spring. Would like to hit the snowmobile trails but all my buddies sold theirs. I'm the only old dummy with one yet.       :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I still have mine too. I think it might be the only form of getting on a lake right now. :confused:

Also just got word the cabin is plowed out. $100.00. might have to ask for some OT at the store!!😂😂
« Last Edit: December 12/28/22, 01:26:15 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Looks like the people out on Cutfoot might've went out of the resort as there's a truck with a sled trailer behind it on 1 of their driveway cameras.
« Last Edit: December 12/28/22, 03:15:49 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made it to deer river. Roads are good some fog.. a whole lot of snow on the trees yet. Alot of pines down between Remer and deer river.

Some poor fisherman isn't happy today. Coming into deer river there is a nice truck laying on it's side all his fishing stuff dumped out.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sucks for that guy.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Although I haven't cut a hole in the ice yet I'm golden here!👍 Got a lot of things done including removing snow from roofs I'll be fishing tomorrow!👍

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Glenn. hope it’s not slushy for you. It is at my place.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Pretty sure I won't be cutting any holes this year until mid - to late February, if at all. :sad:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I took the snowmobile out on 2 lakes, only ran into 1 little pocket of slush. When I walked out there are drifts, it was  a bit wet under the drifts waiting for daylight.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They're parking wheelhouses out front of Geiger's this morning.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn it feels good to sit in the spear shack again. All kinds of action. So there is a good foot of clear ice and 3-4 Inches of slush ice. And there isn't much for water coming up either.