Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635527 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen 2-3 portables out on Cutfoot yday. Couple were kind close to the resort on the west side then, 2 off in the distance there again today. Looked like there might've been some traffic at LL's access lately yday too. :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/08/23, 11:04:12 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
According to Nextdoor, whoever went out of LL's access last week lost 1 of the seats for their portable shack somehow :scratch: & somebody else found it Saturday. LL's new owners tracked the person down & are working on getting it back where it belongs. :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i havent seen anyone out of there access yet by the webcam???? tough to see if there is traffic also.. :scratch:

i did take a look at there website closer...........there lodge looks pretty dang sharp!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so Gunner.......maybe we discussed this before, but looking at LL's webcam.....on the right looks like a small point that comes out.....are you guys right around the corner there? i know your not far from the resort???

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i guess there is a big party going on outta highbanks resort this weekend.........some hardside fishhouse gala. heard over 220 signed up for it!!!!!! sounds like its more of a big old G-T-G then hardcore fishing.........

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
so Gunner.......maybe we discussed this before, but looking at LL's webcam.....on the right looks like a small point that comes out.....are you guys right around the corner there? i know your not far from the resort???
:pouty: No, that's our neighbor's shoreline.
« Last Edit: January 01/13/23, 04:03:18 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i guess there is a big party going on outta highbanks resort this weekend.........some hardside fishhouse gala. heard over 220 signed up for it!!!!!! sounds like its more of a big old G-T-G then hardcore fishing.........
Forgot to bring some creamer for my coffee so we went over to the Bstore yday. Gave him a check for plowing for us too. We stopped at Riley's for a couple :toast: & as usual for that time-of-day, John, the owner, was working. I know he has a wheelhouse, so I asked him if he'd been able to get out much. He said he'd been over to Winnie 4 or 5 times & did pretty good 1 time. He was over there for New Year's Eve & said the 1 next to HB was full then too. The last couple seasons he's fished Bowstring most of the time, I believe.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: No, that's our neighbor's shoreline.
yea but your not far from there right????? just trying to get my bearings lined up!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, our lakeshore property line probably starts ~ 50 yds from that weedy point. There was somebody out in an Eskimo hub style portable by 3:30-4 here today, but they must've have walked out from 1 of the places on the west side of our bay. No sled or wheeler, that I could see but they were only 20-30 yds out from the west shore. Only 3 units out front at Geiger's at around 4 today too & there was 5 there on Monday.
« Last Edit: January 01/13/23, 07:15:07 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner....you planning on wetting a line anytime soon???

talking to my brother yesterday.........we may invade the northland first week of feb!!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So kettle, you been out fishing lately?? Are the lakes healing up much??

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No, probably not as the Otter sled & Auger are in the backend of the pod & there's a bunch of snow in front of the doors too. Never really planned on it anyway, as I wasn't sure we'd even get back up here in between the eye clinic appts. A couple guys on sleds :fishing: out about where the tent was last night.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Sundin has a report from ML on 1/12 that might be of interest to you. :scratch: All 5 wheelhouses were back in front of Geiger's by late afternoon yday too. There looked to be 3 portables off in the distance on the west side of Cutfoot yday as well.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i seen that!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Off the next 7 days so I'll be out. Reports are lakes in good condition. Fair amount of vehicle traffic on local lakes

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Off the next 7 days so I'll be out. Reports are lakes in good condition. Fair amount of vehicle traffic on local lakes
thank you sir!!!!!!!!! :Clap: plan is to head up the first week of feb.....weather permitting...........hope it dont change by then!!!!! :doah:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Got out tonight up Talmoon. Lake was rough but solid, used the snowmobile but wheeler would have worked. Kept 5 crappies around 12 inches. Caught about 30 in two hours, let go a nice 14 inch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got out tonight up Talmoon. Lake was rough but solid, used the snowmobile but wheeler would have worked. Kept 5 crappies around 12 inches. Caught about 30 in two hours, let go a nice 14 inch.
that covers a lot of area!!🙄 :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Was out tonight on bigger water, very little slush. Only one 2 lbs walleye. Saw lots of fish on the livescope but they were skittish

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a couple rigs over at the resort yday, 1 was a toyhauler & the other looked like a homemade shack on a smaller flatbed trailer. Only 2 units left out front at Geiger's yday too, but it looked like there was a pretty good-sized group quite a bit farther out from lodge.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
seen that too!!!!!!!!! must be starting to get around more!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Somebody was out there ~ 11:30 & if I hadn't known where to look, I would've never spotted 'em.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm pretty certain the ice conditions have alot to do with this........but i dont see near theamount of traffic on the lakes with the webcams as previous years.

thinking this upcoming cold snap should help the lakes!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was quite a bit of gray ice on the south side of the little bridge today. :scratch: Don't think it was like that last week.  :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew that they're buildings were side by side out in GR's Industrial Park but I wasn't sure they were the same business until I looked into the new expansion plans, they've announced. https://www.grandrapidsmn.com/business/yanmar-to-expand-local-facility-offer-hundreds-of-job-openings/article_7198ded4-9743-11ed-99e1-cbf48e

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew that they're buildings were side by side out in GR's Industrial Park but I wasn't sure they were the same business until I looked into the new expansion plans, they've announced. https://www.grandrapidsmn.com/business/yanmar-to-expand-local-facility-offer-hundreds-of-job-openings/article_7198ded4-9743-11ed-99e1-cbf48e
its says error......cant , wont show the page............but thats gotta be the former Terex place. yea i heard there busy as hell, and i know they rented a building real close by as a distribution enter!!!!!!

as much as i still kinda wanna be nosey.....i'm trying to ask less questions!!!!!  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/23/23, 02:42:18 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I got the error message on the original link now too, looks like it might've worked for LPS though. :confused: Just got the 2nd link to work a couple times for me so.......................... give it a shot.  :popcorn:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yanmar bought Terex/ASV in 2019 according to both articles. The next building N of ASV plant usually has some new units sitting outside whenever we're down to the nearby county compost site.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the last one worked for me too, 1st one nope..  good for them...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!