Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635336 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yanmar bought Terex/ASV in 2019 according to both articles. The next building N of ASV plant usually has some new units sitting outside whenever we're down to the nearby county compost site.
if my memory serves me right I think they call that there test track

Back when we where organizing ASV, they tried playing alot of foolish games with moving people, usually union supporters around.   That didn't get them anywhere!!👍 :sleazy: :evil:

The have always had issues hiring and/ or keeping people back then  I see by the article they are changing around the paint dept, that was are best union supporters!
« Last Edit: January 01/23/23, 03:30:53 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: When was it you were there? :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: When was it you were there? :confused:
:doah: not sure, I was the rep until I retired, we had 2 2 year contracts. I'd say starring about 10 years ago????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So, they're probably still working under the last deal you helped negotiate? See where Sundin has a new report out from yday too.
« Last Edit: January 01/24/23, 06:30:47 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure Gunner............at this point the less i know.....the better i like it!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Just curious as I don't give a :moon: either.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the only thing i still really miss is the guys that worked at these places.  :happy1: well most of them anyway!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Kettle, any roundabout quests how much snow they've had up there since new years?!

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Kettle, any roundabout quests how much snow they've had up there since new years?!
Maybe 6 inches, not a whole lot. Lake travel is easy

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe 6 inches, not a whole lot. Lake travel is easy
love hearing that. Temps look promising around super bowl weekend!!👍

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Kettle, figured i'd put this in a more appropriate forum........ regading pokegama lake. you ever fish it for tullibee or whitefish, there is a guy from Grand Rapids i got to know thru another site that fishes it alot. we where going to hit it last March but the ice turned bad really quick.......hopefully this winter!!!!!

i used to help when they did a little fishing tournament out of tioga bay for the group that takes elderly and handicapped people out on there pontoon. that lake has such unbelievable structure!!!!

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Kettle, figured i'd put this in a more appropriate forum........ regading pokegama lake. you ever fish it for tullibee or whitefish, there is a guy from Grand Rapids i got to know thru another site that fishes it alot. we where going to hit it last March but the ice turned bad really quick.......hopefully this winter!!!!!

i used to help when they did a little fishing tournament out of tioga bay for the group that takes elderly and handicapped people out on there pontoon. that lake has such unbelievable structure!!!!

I've only fished it for walleye, mainly in the winter and some in the summer on the weed lines. If it's windy it's too hard to hold boat position in my little boat

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy hannah..........ugh.....looking at the weather forecast.......thursday nite accuweather says -22, weather channel says -37. UFFDA!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm finally going to go up next week and do a little fishing. Every time we planned a trip something would happen. Weather looks good so far so were going no matter what.     :happy1:   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Merc..when you heading up????? i'm thinking sat maybe sunday!!!!!!!! sounds like my brother may come up also.......his kid and a friend the friday of super bowl weekend!!!!1

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Whatcha gonna do, follow him around???? ;)  :nerd: boar was wondering.. :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Whatcha gonna do, follow him around???? ;)  :nerd: boar was wondering.. :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

No I wanna catch fish!!👍 :mooning: :rotflmao:.

Be nice to run into him again. Been 25 years or so when he followed me out on bowstring!; :sleazy: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/31/23, 05:35:14 PM by glenn57 »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Followed you out? This is the rest of the story.I knew you were going to be out there so I told my buddy that was with me, lets go look for Glenn, he should be in area where there are no fish. We saw a house in the middle of no where and guess who was there? And we drove right up to you. And now you know the rest of the story.     :rotflmao:   

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We are going up either Sunday or Monday. Would like to meet up with you again. We will probably only be doing Bow because they have plowed roads.  Unless we can find lakes we can drive on.     :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Followed you out? This is the rest of the story.I knew you were going to be out there so I told my buddy that was with me, lets go look for Glenn, he should be in area where there are no fish. We saw a house in the middle of no where and guess who was there? And we drove right up to you. And now you know the rest of the story.     :rotflmao:   
:surrender: :rotflmao: I don't quite remember it that way! :rotflmao: figured I'd fish were no one else did cause the fish don't like activity. :happy1:

On another note I fish on a lot of lakes where noone else is. :sleazy: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We are going up either Sunday or Monday. Would like to meet up with you again. We will probably only be doing Bow because they have plowed roads.  Unless we can find lakes we can drive on.     :happy1:
I'll send you a pm maybe I'll bring my pullover up and join you one day, evening, morning?!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, looks like going up Tuesday. Fish Wednesday and Thursday     :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Works for me, you hit bowstring let me know. I wanna know where the fish don't bother me too!!🤣🤣

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lake is hard as a rock 👍 very little snow and no slush. Spear shack is set up and ready to rock in the morning. 21 inches of ice with 6 inches of slush ice on top. Used the snowmobile but can run wheeler to!

Gal at the bowstring store said it was -30 yesterday morning. :shocked:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
I hit winne today, was with buddies who wanted to perch fish. I found them for then then they caught a mess load. Ashamed to say this, fished nearby for walleye as I don't perch fish. Got a few suckers and tullibe

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You don't know what your missing kettle eating perch.
Yesterday days results.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good eats there!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice batch of fish Glenn!! :happy1: :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman