Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 645742 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
looking at the webcams.....doesnt look as though they had much snow since i was up last. thinkin maybe it might work out i may get another trip north mid march!!!!!!!! i'd like to go chase some tullies over on pokegema by rapids if things work out!!!!!!! and a few panfish around the cabin!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We might be headed up on Sunday, got a call a week or so ago & they were thinking about starting on our new shed.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We might be headed up on Sunday, got a call a week or so ago & they were thinking about starting on our new shed.
where are they putting that gunner????? picturing your place did that first building/shed coming into your place get the damage you have been talking about???/

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, had big pines on it twice in the last 3 seasons. Not much damage the 1st time though as it hit a rafter but weren't so lucky this year that day that DR had the tornado.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, had big pines on it twice in the last 3 seasons. Not much damage the 1st time though as it hit a rafter but weren't so lucky this year that day that DR had the tornado.
:happy1: did you find someone from the area to build it. seems guys like that are hard to round up!!!!!!1 when we put the new shed up, a classmate of mine and friend of my brothers came up to put the structure up as he's worked through the grand rapids lumber yard before. not sure how they went about finding the electrical and cement guys. but those guys did that stuff as side jobs!!!!!!!think they are in cahoostz together doing that kind of thing!

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Over the last few days we probably got somewhere between 5-8 inches. I'll probably get out on the ice next week

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
These guys https://www.northlandbuildings.com/ they advertise in the Manny. The guy we talked to lived in Floodwood, had an office in Superior, & has a place over at Denny's on Winnie. He said they usually have at least 15-20 crews working in 5 states in the upper midwest.
« Last Edit: February 02/24/23, 03:03:55 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a couple of stacks of rafters & timber out where the new shed's going to go so the builders were here last week. We talked to 'em Saturday & they said probably today. With the weather, maybe not, we'll see.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They might charge extra if your there trying to tell them what to do!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Not my project & the contract was signed last fall. Down payment made then too. :mooning:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How big of shed Gunner?  Will you still have your cargo box too?  Man cave???   LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Something like 42 X 34. The entire basement here is my man cave. ;) :smiley:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Something like 42 X 34. The entire basement here is my man cave. ;) :smiley:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: that explains everytime i stop in your brother hollers downstairs!!!!!! :surrender: :bonk: and here i thought he didnt like you!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :tut: He watches a lot of that channel that your wife makes you watch :mooning:, so I just stay down here.  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had some very light mist that I'm sure was making the roads a bit slick early yday. But 2 pickups came down the driveway ~ 9:45. One had a flatbed trailer with a ASV on it & the other had a smaller toy hauler type trailer behind it. Only 2 guys but they got about 1/2, 7, of the poles set before they headed home, DR, a little before 4:30. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: February 02/28/23, 08:47:51 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like all the posts are in along with some long 2 X 6s tying 'em all together.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just make sure its big enough so you can find more stuff to put it in!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

thats what seems to be happening to are big shed at the cabin!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Well, you probably got it 1/2 full of KATCHUP!!!!! ;)  :rolleyes:  :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 03/01/23, 08:57:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Our snow didn't stop 'til almost noon here so the shed crew never made it & I don't blame them. It looks like they have all the posts set, I counted 18 of 'em, so it's probably on to the furring strips next.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had to ask them to move 1 of their pickups when we came home yday & they wanted to know what happened to all our snow? One guy said he's just 10 miles away, down by Little Ball Club Lake, & he had an easy 6". They didn't come out early as it was too cold, but they did get 3 of the 5 rafters up & tied together before they went home. :cool:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well... That's pretty easy to explain. With ALL  that hot air blowing around that end of Sand lake; :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 So, now your an expert on hot.............................   :scratch: oh, wait :bonk:..........................never mind.  :doah:  :rolleyes:  :evil:  :laugh: :laugh:             
« Last Edit: March 03/03/23, 09:48:23 PM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
So, now your an expert on hot.............................   :scratch: oh, wait :bonk:..........................never mind.  :doah:  :rolleyes:  :evil:  :laugh: :laugh:             

extrovert ya mean!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:confused: hey!! :tut: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:confused: hey!! :tut: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:

if the shoe fits!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

if the shoe fits!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 The new shed was all framed in by the end of the day yday.  :happy1: :cool:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
weather permitting, borther and i are gonna head up over the weekend of the 17th to raise cane on the fish again. already talked to and got plans to hook up with a friend from rapids from IDO to hit pokegema in rapids to fish tullibees!!!! :rotflmao:

probably my last hoorah ice fishing!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no decoy show for you then!!!   oh well, it will there next year!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
no decoy show for you then!!!   oh well, it will there next year!!   :happy1:
yep.  Last year's tullie fishing didn't pan out  :confused: bad ice!😣