Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635387 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yuppers I recall that, go get em!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
been watching the webcams up there...doesnt look like they are getting the snow we have. i like it!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much snow left on Geiger's porch today, the west side of the Narrows starting to look a little wet again too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
At least 1 wheelhouse comin off at Geiger's & starting to snow over on Cutfoot already.
« Last Edit: March 03/11/23, 09:33:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just looked at the cams up there, doesnt look to bad at the moment and can still see the majority of Geigers deck. looks like a couple units out in front of lakewoods!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There were only 4 houses out front of Geigers when I looked the 1st time & 1 of them was going off. Looks like 6-8 out there now.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The MnDOT plow cameras(GR169) up there look pretty crappy, couple of spinouts between Aitkin & Hill City too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
KETTLE.............what did this last round of snow leave for a mess???????? pretty sure i'm headed up thursday or friday morning!!!

looks like Geigers plow truck just went out on the lake!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/12/23, 10:34:07 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks a lot like it did yday at the Narrows yet today.

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Yea, fair amount of snow, should not have an issue on the lake with snowmobile, might be an issue with a wheeler

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea, fair amount of snow, should not have an issue on the lake with snowmobile, might be an issue with a wheeler
UGH!!!!!1 :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Kettle.....was that a wet heavy snow???? Gino thought at this point a snowmobile would be best. not an issue but a wheeler would be better.

last time up was super bowl weekend.......dont think there was alot of snow since then based on the webcams and i see some 40's up there!!!!! i'll know more bythis afternoon, but i think i'm going !!!!! plan is to hit pokegema for tullibees one day, friday or saturday depending on if he has to work Friday!!!

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
I'm on the road today, back tomorrow, I'll find out more then!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WTF........ :confused: now there looking at watching another potential storm thurs-fri.......UGH!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Why are you surprised??? I'm not. The same thing happens just about eveytime you want to go north. :doah: Lots of bad karma leftover from your :evil: days spent as a head pot stirrer, maybe?  :sleazy: :nerd:  Besides, it's been on my 10 day since Saturday & I already told you about it once  :pouty:  :rolleyes:  :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/14/23, 07:46:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Why are you surprised??? I'm not. The same thing happens just about eveytime you want to go north. :doah: Lots of bad karma leftover from your :evil: days spent as a head pot stirrer, maybe?  :sleazy: :nerd:  Besides, it's been on my 10 day since Saturday & I already told you about it once  :pouty:  :rolleyes:  :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :rotflmao: yea that never really goes away!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there's only 2 fishhouses at geigers right now!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Pretty sure they store some of 'em there for their regulars as there's usually 6-8 or so out by the mailbox when I take the wheeler down that way. I didn't look yday but there were at least 6-8 out front on Sunday.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a call early today from the guys that'll be putting the doors on the shed. They are located in Moose Lake & were wondering about starting the install. They didn't want to drive 2 hours only to find out our driveway wasn't open, so we called Tim at the BStore. He said it was good to go, so we called 'em back & told 'em we'd see 'em tomorrow. :happy1: :cool:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a call early today from the guys that'll be putting the doors on the shed. They are located in Moose Lake & were wondering about starting the install. They didn't want to drive 2 hours only to find out our driveway wasn't open, so we called Tim at the BStore. He said it was good to go, so we called 'em back & told 'em we'd see 'em tomorrow. :happy1: :cool:
i may just have to do an inspection next time up!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: kinda looks like there's a truck with wheelhouse stuck by Geigers?????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I was out about an hour ago & thought we had ~ 2" then, but the wind is still blowing enough where I can't see much of the bay. :scratch: Probably got some drifts out there. There's 1 right at the ramp & another back behind it a bit now too. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 05:18:28 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner................you need to get over to Geigers and help that one truck get off the lake!!!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched 1 go out ~ 5 yday & he dropped his house right next to red 1 before he went out the rest of the way. It looked like he might've been with somebody on a sled that had already been out fishing to me & they lead him out to the hot spot.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks to me like a trip north after my wifes surgery may be in order!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks to me like a trip north after my wifes surgery may be in order!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

so is that when the next storm is going to hit??   asking for Sue.....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

so is that when the next storm is going to hit??   asking for Sue.....
:rotflmao: she hopes not!! :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just read Sundins report from yesterday....... didnt sound like lake travel was very good!!!!!! :confused: most resorts he says are limiting travel to snowmobiles and wheelers. there is lotz of slush under the snow and says resorts are starting to give up on there ice roads........

i still have a glimmer of hope to get up there for 1 more ice fishing adventure....with the main goal hitting pokegema in grand rapids for tullies......hope it works!!!! as it looks now maybe the first part of April!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I watched a wheeler with tracks come out of the resort mid-morning Wednesday. He made a loop over to the point on the end of our road, stopped, got off, checked things out a little, & headed back to the resort. He was about 1/2 way back to the resort when here came his buddy on a sled. The sled never made it 75 yds before he got stuck & the wheeler had to winch him out. They did go out again after lunch though, but I didn't see 'em go out. :confused: I could see the wheeler kicking up quite a bit of slush when he headed back to the resort early on, when the sled got stuck. Had somebody tell me that they found ~ 7" of the new stuff out there.
« Last Edit: March 03/24/23, 12:03:51 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman