Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635468 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :doofus: UFFDA! Now I won't feel like in such a hurry wanting to go up  :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what GR got but we're headed back south on Sunday, so I can check it out. Around 40 through about Sunday, then closer to 30 for 3 days, back to mid 30's bay next Thursday. :scratch: Think I'd give the GR buddy a call by about mid-week & see what he thinks, if it was me.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll give kettle some time to scope it out.

I also have these medical issues here at home to, so ... :doah: :surrender:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Yeah, kind of forgot about Kettle as we haven't heard from him in a while. :bonk: I know he gets pretty busy sometimes. Was wondering about the hospital visits too. :scratch: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
in all the years i've paid attention to those webcams up there, i'm beginning to think that the gals comment about its been a good year for the fish and not so good for the fishermen is pretty darn accurate..........

there sure hasnt been alot of activity on them webcams this year....... especially out of the narrows!!!!!!

i know early season stopped me from 2 lakes i like to hit!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was 3 trucks with trailers over at the resort early yday, checked the mail ~ 2 & it looked like they hadn't moved all day to me. :scratch:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Lots of snow but the sun and warm Temps helped. Perfect snowball fight snow. I'm taking the sled out to go ride. Don't think I've trail rode in 20+ years. I'll have a better report tomorrow. South facing side hills in ditches were showing some brown but on shade slopes still several feet of snow
 Apologies for the slow response was out of town working for 7 days

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No worries kettle. :happy1:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Rode probably 20 miles on the sled, did go off trail and go back to where I grew up deer hunting down some old logging trails. I'm about 6' tall and there are plenty areas where snow was above mid thigh. Got the sled absolutely buried. Glad I still workout regularly or I would have been stranded. There are some slush on the lake. Talked to a few buddies out fishing. Plenty of times you drill a hole and 10 mins later you're sitting in water due to the pressure of the snow weight

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn will be happy to hear that!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn will be happy to hear that!!!
yea no i'm not!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

thanks for the update Kettle!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: pretty much confirms what Jeff Sundin reported last week, and what Scenic told me he heard from guys he knows out fishing.....

hell for the looks of the forecast........its still gonna make ice!!!!!!! :confused: :crazy: :doah: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Had people out on our bay most of the afternoon yday. :confused:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Until the snow is melted and walkable ice is left I won't be fishing. I spent today rigging the new boat. Adjusting the trailer, putting the motor on and wave wackers. Ordering the mount for the two Helixs and the arm for the livescope. Looking forward to open water

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's see a picture of that new fishing machine!👍

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Let's see a picture of that new fishing machine!👍

Once it's all rigged I will! It's nothing crazy but it's my dream boat. 16 ft lund ssv with a 25 hp tiller. Wave wackers, 2 helix units, the livescope, three lithium ion batteries, a 12v 55lbs Thrust minnkota and throwable boat cushions for seats. Way safer than my 14 ft lund wc from last year

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All you need;!👍 Besides it ain't the. Boat that catches the fish  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Had people out on our bay most of the afternoon yday. :confused:
Yeah, I was surprised to see 'em out there too & never seen 'em set up. I did see them leave ~ 7, however, & it looked like they were both on wheelers to me. :scratch: My brother took the wheeler down to the NW PA on Bowstring that afternoon too. He said there was 2 trucks at the landing & 1 out on the lake with a wheelhouse, which surprised me even more. :shocked: :confused:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
1 degrees this morning..... not great for melting ice...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the webcams Giegers looks really quiet.

narrows has people and activity going out on the lake......so does Gunners neighbors at Lakewood!!!!! sure looks purty up there.

if we get that snow there yappin abot up there next week..........i'll be putting my ice fishin stuff away.

Merc, you been up lately?????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 The wheelhouses parked out front at GTE came off the ice early in the week. Been watching that forecast too. :doah:
« Last Edit: April 04/02/23, 07:38:23 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:just checked Geigers cam......had a fly walk across the camera  :rotflmao: happened yesterday too!!!!

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Supposed to get 10 inches of snow th8s Tues and Wed, I just signed up to work opener. I think a lot of lakes will open that week but don't think fishing will be that great. Leave Easter night for Banff, going to fish the Bow River before melt for trout

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like a great trip. You’ll have to post pictures.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Iwas at the cabin last week but didn't fish. Never saw a person on the ice anywhere. Lots of snow and more in the forecast. Might try to make a quick trip after the snow starts melting but it's going to be a short time period between melt off and being able to get on the lakes. Access will go fast with all the run off.      :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: i put my stuff away today.  :confused: just need to finish taking care of the auger yet!!!!!!!

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Snow started about an hour ago, predicting 9 inches then highs in the upper 50s next week

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it's still coming down pretty good at the Narrows, but a little lighter at GTE.

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Blowing snow, Temps on the teens this morning. I think I'm going to snowbird sooner than retirement 😆

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Blowing snow, Temps on the teens this morning. I think I'm going to snowbird sooner than retirement 😆
yea but........accuweather said VERT HOT  for tuesday next week..........at 60 degrees.........i bout peed myself laughing!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy hannah........gunners gals in inger are going to be in there itsy bitsy bikinis Wednesday!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: showing 73 degrees up there!!!!!!!!