Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635308 times)

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
:pouty: well, there goes the neighborhood!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

i decided to take a run at the position of being a Jessie Lake Watershed Association board member. the other officers need to approve of it but sounds like there arent many beating on the door!!!!!

so.........with that being said...............i'm now accepting any and all cash donations for my campaign!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
I can pay you in pike fillets

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll contribute too :rolleyes:...................... but all I can afford is my $.02....................daily. :nerd:   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother texted me this picture a bit ago  was in the cabin lake!! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY Gunner.......looked at 511 and seen hwy 6 in deer river is closed???? i'm thinking its just a short stretch from hwy 2 north till the edge of town??? 

in your venture to rapids........what did you see?????/

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
by the way that snapper was dead.........brother figured it would be a good 25 lbs of meat!!!!! what a waste. i told him he should clean it....be plenty tender!!!!!1 :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Another clock???
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Another clock???
:scratch: not sure......depends on how bad it stinks and what he did with. he put the dock and and said he was going to measure it, but i havent heard yet.......he's on his way home now!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He sent me a picture of measuring that turtle. From the back of its shell to the tip of his nose was 24 1/2 inches long . It was a monster.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so did save the shell???   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know what he did with it, I'll find out Monday morning. If it's already dead, not sure just how "ripe" it is.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sad if lost but oh well...  the shell, not the meat... I would wonder about that.... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh but that meat is yummy!! And if my brother didn't take it chances are it's not any good.
« Last Edit: May 05/20/23, 08:09:39 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Scavengers!  :rotflmao:  ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY Gunner.......looked at 511 and seen hwy 6 in deer river is closed???? i'm thinking its just a short stretch from hwy 2 north till the edge of town??? 

Heard they're working on the bridge by the Deer & Moose Lake turn. The detour is the 1st county blacktop, CR 44/142, going back east on 46. :scratch: Just follow the orange signs, glenn.  :nerd:    ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh but that meat is yummy!! And if my brother didn't take it chances are it's not any good.

oh I know but not knowing how long it was dead leaves to much to have issues with the meat... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Heard they're working on the bridge by the Deer & Moose Lake turn. The detour is the 1st county blacktop, CR 44/142, going back east on 46. :scratch: Just follow the orange signs, glenn.  :nerd:    ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
:bonk: :bonk: doah...i know that!!!!!! :rotflmao: i hate detours........ :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

oh I know but not knowing how long it was dead leaves to much to have issues with the meat...
pretty much........i'll look see but if it reaks......i aint touching it even for the shell!!!!!! :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Mn State Bird must've heard your comin up as they started to come out of the woodwork late yday. Needed a Thermacell to sit on the neighbor's patio for a cocktail after I came in ~ 7:30 last night.  :pouty:
« Last Edit: May 05/21/23, 07:31:12 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The Mn State Bird must've heard your comin up as they started to come out of the woodwork late yday. Needed a Thermacell to sit on the neighbor's patio for a cocktail after I came in ~ 7:30 last night.  :pouty:
i aint afriad of no skeeter...........besides i got all da stuff to have a battle with them sucka's!!!!!! :happy1:

i'm tellin ya........a jug of cheap mint mouthwash to a gallon of water and a tblsp of epsom salt does wonders to ward off skeeters.......not all but does a damn fine job for the most part.........put it in a pump sprayer!!!!!!!! i buy 3-4 bottles of the mouthwash every year at the dollar tree for 1.25 each!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The state bird has made their presence up here to yesterday.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here.  They haven't been spraying around here yet.  Mem Day is usually their starting point.  We love it.  Works great.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i aint afriad of no skeeter...........besides i got all da stuff to have a battle with them sucka's!!!!!! :happy1:

i'm tellin ya........a jug of cheap mint mouthwash to a gallon of water and a tblsp of epsom salt does wonders to ward off skeeters.......not all but does a damn fine job for the most part.........put it in a pump sprayer!!!!!!!! i buy 3-4 bottles of the mouthwash every year at the dollar tree for 1.25 each!!!!
:thumbs: Tried it & it don't work here. We use Talstar, the neighbor sprays it for us. It usually lasts about a month.
« Last Edit: May 05/21/23, 07:45:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
works just fine at the cabin???????? :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

:thumbs: Tried it & it don't work here. We use Talstar, the neighbor sprays it for us. It usually lasts about a month.
Same here. I get the Bifen IT since it is cheaper. The bifenthiren is the main ingredient in Talstar. That stuff does work good.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ok, so where's a guy get that stuff????? i'll try anything!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I order online. I think the site is Do your own pest control. Or something like that. Also have ordered off eBay too. Stuff works good to for keeping spiders of of buildings like Tempo.
https://www.domyown.com/bifen-it-p-226.html?sub_id=11662
« Last Edit: May 05/21/23, 08:34:56 AM by Jerkbiat »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother looked it up online for the neighbor, so he ordered a gallon for us too. A bit spendy for a gallon but when he told how much he uses each application I did the #'s in my head quick & it was ~$2.50-$3.00 each time he sprayed. :happy1: :cool: He uses something called Spreader Sticker that helps it bond to what he sprays too. Which my brother said is basically some kind of soap.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder where he gets the sticker from?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like Amazon has it, JB. So does Ebay, Walmart, & your local farm supply store might even carry it too.
« Last Edit: May 05/21/23, 09:42:31 AM by Gunner55 »