Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635763 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Brother looked it up online for the neighbor, so he ordered a gallon for us too. A bit spendy for a gallon but when he told how much he uses each application I did the #'s in my head quick & it was ~$2.50-$3.00 each time he sprayed. :happy1: :cool: He uses something called Spreader Sticker that helps it bond to what he sprays too. Which my brother said is basically some kind of soap.
and here I thought the only spreader you guys had up there was a  :bs: spreader!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like Amazon has it, JB. So does Ebay, Walmart, & your local farm supply store might even carry it too.
Is there a brand or name of it or just called sticker? I know farmers use it alot for spraying.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother looked it up online for the neighbor, so he ordered a gallon for us too. A bit spendy for a gallon but when he told how much he uses each application I did the #'s in my head quick & it was ~$2.50-$3.00 each time he sprayed. :happy1: :cool: He uses something called Spreader Sticker that helps it bond to what he sprays too. Which my brother said is basically some kind of soap.
and here I thought the only spreader you guys had up there was a  :bs: spreader!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
   :pouty: :tut: Why don't you go play with an old stinky, slimy turtle? :sleazy: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 05/22/23, 04:21:27 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: May 05/22/23, 04:43:40 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
The state bird has made their presence up here to yesterday.

Here too.  Even during the day they were bad and hungry.   Pretty much could not sit on the deck last night even with a smudge fire going.  I will be spraying something here shortly.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: guess I'll find out in about 4 hours!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
In deer river! :happy1: yep skeeters are out in force.  Seen a dead bear in the ditch south of Emily. Don't see that often. Gas stations are crooks up here 3. 54. :confused:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
In deer river! :happy1: yep skeeters are out in force.  Seen a dead bear in the ditch south of Emily. Don't see that often. Gas stations are crooks up here 3. 54. :confused:

It went down some in the last couple days.  It was 3.72 there a couple days ago.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: DR & Gr have been that for at least 2 weeks. I paid $3.39 in Squaw Lake this afternoon & that's pretty normal. :confused:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
GR is almost always really high. I sometimes plan trips to Hibbing for normal restocking of supplies. Distance is slightly more, but gas prices are almost always way lower.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
yep skeeters are out in force.  Seen a dead bear in the ditch south of Emily. Don't see that often.m
Yep skeeters have been ferocious the last couple weeks. As for the dead bear—I happened on one north of Moose Lake a few years ago. It was on the ditch with both paws and its head missing. I called the DNR. They told me that it’s not uncommon  to get reports like this. The paws snd head make for good taxidermy I guess.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite a few boats going both ways for a Monday IMO, & the pumps were busy at the Max Mini Store.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ferti Lome is the brand we use but there's others...................https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hi-Yield-Spreader-Sticker/903094062?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1609&adid=22222222222000000000
Amazon has it.
Having a little HH with the neighbor yday & he said he doesn't exactly follow the directions with the Spreader Sticker as he doesn't measure it, just pours a little in before he mixes everything the last time. He thinks he gets better results because he uses a little more than what they recommend too.

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
What a weird year, water Temps already to 70 degrees. Sure hope we don't get water Temps above 80

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
What a weird year, water Temps already to 70 degrees. Sure hope we don't get water Temps above 80
Yep. Really noticed that putting the dock in about 10 days ago. Got good and wet, but not at all chilled.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Yeah, I'm surprised with how fast we've warmed up here too. Official ice-out was 5/7, so it hasn't even been 3 weeks, yet. I haven't been out much in the evenings, but the mid-morning & early afternoon surface temps that I've seen have been from 56-62 here.
« Last Edit: May 05/25/23, 02:20:09 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
It worries me, it also makes fishing a little unpredictable. Going out with shiners, leeches and crawlers in the boat. Should get out 3-4 times over the next 3 days

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothin but slot fish & little nords here. :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
never fished for panfish, but the pike were crazy. thinking between the 3 different lakes i fished we caught 40 nords. and we didnt try all that hard. yesterday was all catch and release.

man were there rigs with boats at deer river cenex early this morning......went to Remer to put gas in. moving pretty slow but need to keep plugging away!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothin but slot fish & little nords here. :pouty:
we caught a lot of slot fish too!!!

They fit right into that we could keep them slot!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally got 1 for the livewell yday............................on a crawler. :happy1: :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally got 1 for the livewell yday............................on a crawler. :happy1: :cool:
the outdoor news lake profile in this latest edition is your Sand Lake.............and the article said this guy from Iowa hasnt caught a fish in years there!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

must be your first one!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :evil:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Heading up Tuesday with my group that will be 45 years now We'll be fishing walleye mainly with a little panfish fishing during the day. The week after be back with a different group for the same type of fishing.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
the outdoor news lake profile in this latest edition is your Sand Lake.............and the article said this guy from Iowa hasnt caught a fish in years there!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

must be your first one!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :evil:
:tut: :mooning:               :scratch: They must be talkin about the guy from down by Waterloo that's just up the road.  :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Naw they said there were 2.  :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
havent seem ole Merc on for a while....hope they let him outta hayslips!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: just wondering if he scoped out the Timberwolf yet????

hey Gunner.......how have the bugs been since you got back?????/

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
We did the Wolf a few weeks ago. The salad bar is the same.  Weren’t impressed with the regular menu, though. Some of the staff are now at Antler. It went through a down period for a few years, and we tried it again about a month ago. It was better than it had been in recent years. Just my opinion.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We did the Wolf a few weeks ago. The salad bar is the same.  Weren’t impressed with the regular menu, though. Some of the staff are now at Antler. It went through a down period for a few years, and we tried it again about a month ago. It was better than it had been in recent years. Just my opinion.
:happy1: yea it may take a while to get things going back on track. i dont mind paying a little more if they have good food with fair portions!!!!!

i did google them and mostly favorable reviews.......... but some not so nice!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/11/23, 10:53:55 AM by glenn57 »