Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 645589 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:pouty: A lot of people don't even think that's really fishing!!!!1  :sleazy:  :nerd: :evil:      :mooning: ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
dont care what others think...its legal, soooooooooo................ :mooning: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: and i dont stick everything i see either.

sometimes just watching them is fun...........and often hilarious!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: A lot of people don't even think that's really fishing!!!!1  :sleazy:  :nerd: :evil:      :mooning: ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
dont care what others think...its legal, soooooooooo................ :mooning: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: and i dont stick everything i see either.

sometimes just watching them is fun...........and often hilarious!!!!!!!!!
Well, I know that you normally don't harpoon on Sand & Bowstring too. :moon:     :rolleyes: :smiley: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I grew up looking down a spear hole.  It is fun to see and experience.  I think if you are going to be on one of the smaller lakes or bays you should be ok even with this warm weather.   With temps at night in the 20s it is still making ice but just SLOW.  Even though it takes longer that slow building ice is better ice.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well, unfortunately.......i wont be going. got a report from a feller from Grand Rapids.  :doah:

here is what he said. 3-4 inches 50 yards out from the landing on split hand.

4 1/2 inches on shallow medium size lakes around  north star and graves. and found 2 1/2 inches over 28 ft of water.

little Winie had 2inches at the landing!!

i dont care how many or how big of any kinds of fish........aint worth getting dead over.  :pouty: :confused:
« Last Edit: November 11/30/23, 01:28:19 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Good decision Glenn!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Few places I’d rather not be than on 2 1/2 inches of ice over 28 feet of water.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good decision Glenn!
:happy1: yep.....thanks!!!!! now i'll work on my 5 batches of venny jerky!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda thin for a fat fella.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda thin for a fat fella.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you ALMOST hurt my feelings bubba!!!!!! :rotflmao: :mooning: :rolleyes:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
First permanent house showed up on the ice today. Shallow part of the lake, probably about 5 feet. I was outside about 5:30 this morning listening to the lake making ice.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sundin has a new report out yday & he's starting to sound a little nervous about ice conditions this season. https://www.fishrapper.com/ice-fishing-report-minnesota-December-2023.html#sundinFishingReportDecember6

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea a i expected for now........ ice has about 20 days to shape up!!!!! training-087 training-087 :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
What we need now is bout 6' of snow!!  ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Ya that will help. But we do need it for insulation over the septic tanks.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What we need now is bout 6' of snow!!  ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :banghead: training-087 training-087

looking out at the forecast.......for now not much if any snow and there is some ice making temps coming.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a couple tents out front of Geiger's yday ~4:30, with lights on.They're still there too & it looks like they may have some company.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a couple tents out front of Geiger's yday ~4:30, with lights on.They're still there too & it looks like they may have some company.
:happy1: :happy1: good to hear. barring 20 below or some blizzard coming in my confidence in going up after christmas day is mounting rapidly!!!!!!! :happy1: :happybounce:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: good to hear. barring 20 below or some blizzard coming in my confidence in going up after christmas day is mounting rapidly!!!!!!! :happy1: :happybounce:

Barring no snow you should be good by then Glenn.  Sounds like we might get some ice making weather for a few days.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Barring no snow you should be good by then Glenn.  Sounds like we might get some ice making weather for a few days.
:happy1: :happy1: its one of the few things i really look forward too!!!!! that first time each year sitting in my spearhouse. watching life under the ice is soothing and funny at times.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The blizzard & -20 stuff doesn't usually happen........................until he's been up there a day or 2.  :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                       ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: The blizzard & -20 stuff doesn't usually happen........................until he's been up there a day or 2.  :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                       ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Gee hopefully he has his house set up and then just might be to much snow to leave.  Hate when you have to spend a couple more days...fishing.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Gee hopefully he has his house set up and then just might be to much snow to leave.  Hate when you have to spend a couple more days...fishing.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :happy1: yepp hate that when it happens!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

gunner.................... :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's on Factbook, so gotta be true.   :rotflmao: watched a video of a guy spearing said 8-12 inches of  ice. Comments asked where, reply was Itasca county!!! :bow: :happy1: :rocker; :blues brothers: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It's on Factbook, so gotta be true.   :rotflmao: watched a video of a guy spearing said 8-12 inches of  ice. Comments asked where, reply was Itasca county!!! :bow: :happy1: :rocker; :blues brothers: :dancinred: :dancinred:
Where's the yawn emoji,  I don't see one..HD??  :rotflmao:  :mooning:
« Last Edit: December 12/11/23, 06:25:18 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :blablabla: This works for me.....................how about you, bobber?  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:blablabla: This works for me.....................how about you, bobber?  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: south of the border is a good place fer ya!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so i suspect you'll be headed back up that way after the holidays??????? :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just looked at the webcamseven looks like its making ice!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: