Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 645750 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
so i suspect you'll be headed back up that way after the holidays??????? :scratch:
Not sure as there's another eye appt on 1/19, probably not.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so i suspect you'll be headed back up that way after the holidays??????? :scratch:
:happy1: :happy1: yea not sure what i'll do after this trip after Christmas  :scratch: lot depends on the weather and ice conditions!!!!!! but dang spear chucking season is 1/3 over already!!!!!! :bs: :surrender: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot!! :bonk: Sundin has a couple new reports out but there's almost nothin on local ice conditions in 'em.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot!! :bonk: Sundin has a couple new reports out but there's almost nothin on local ice conditions in 'em.
yea i read his reports yesterday.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: yea not sure what i'll do after this trip after Christmas  :scratch: lot depends on the weather and ice conditions!!!!!! but dang spear chucking season is 1/3 over already!!!!!! :bs: :surrender: :pouty:
   :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :nerd: :laughroll:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

i see your working hard!!!!!!!! :pouty: :evil: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 12/13/23, 08:32:16 AM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
texted a guy i know in grand rapids....he just checked pokegema in rapids and only 2 inches of ice!!!!!! :shocked:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

West Ottertail Lake. Yes, that's a boat
« Last Edit: December 12/16/23, 04:30:31 PM by roony »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Love that lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :doah: yea i'm getting to be concerned again.........hoping to hear some reports later today!!!! :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Kind of looks like there's a shelter in the top left corner on Geiger's webcam. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
curiosity got the best of me. called the Talmoon spur and bowstring store. Talmoon spur guy didnt have much foer ice thicknesses except he heard that little jessie at one time had 6 inches and its down to 4. he did say he works saturdays and sundays and people are buying bait so there going out somewhere.

bowstring store only had info on bowstring and jessie.........bowstring had about 5 1/2 to 6 inches. jessie had 4-5 with 3 in the deeper water.

Soooo i'm thinking i'm going up anyway. if i get the slightest thoughts of not liking the ice i aint going out on it. i gotz some 4 wheeler stuff that needs tending to and rather do it when its in the 30's not 0 outside. i can cut wood to keep occupied, i'm bringing the shotgun to chase grouse too. if them things are as non chalont as they were over deer hunting week........i could just get a few!!!! :fudd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:Jeff Sundin posted a new report yesterday. pretty bland about ice thickness other then saying the smaller shallower lakes seem to have enough ice to go out on!!!!!

every Tuesday i get a DNR email of CO reports. i always look at them especially in the grand rapids area. just to see what troublemakers they find!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: NO, i'm not in there reports!!!!!1 :mooning:

anyway.......they all seem to be checking ice anglers and spear chuckers.......so people are getting out!!! :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/23, 09:28:45 AM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: kinda looks like theres a few out fishing to the right of geigers webcam?????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's where they were last weekend too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
curiosity got the best of me. called the Talmoon spur and bowstring store. Talmoon spur guy didnt have much foer ice thicknesses except he heard that little jessie at one time had 6 inches and its down to 4. he did say he works saturdays and sundays and people are buying bait so there going out somewhere.

bowstring store only had info on bowstring and jessie.........bowstring had about 5 1/2 to 6 inches. jessie had 4-5 with 3 in the deeper water.
:scratch: But don't you need 1 1/2-2' to safely get out because of all that hot air that always surrounds you. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/19/23, 08:19:12 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: But don't you need 1 1/2-2' to safely get out because of all that hot air that always surrounds you. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :tut: :tut: :tut:

they must be catching something.......there back out there again this morning??? :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty sure they spent Saturday night out there as I checked about 6 on Sunday, they had moved a little south though.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to the neighbor at the lake today & he just got home from up there. He went out on the bay & found 9" by shore, 7" out another 50 yds, & 6" another 50 yds out. He turned around after that, it was really loud too. He said his dog wouldn't even go on the ice.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to the neighbor at the lake today & he just got home from up there. He went out on the bay & found 9" by shore, 7" out another 50 yds, & 6" another 50 yds out. He turned around after that, it was really loud too. He said his dog wouldn't even go on the ice.
MEH.......6 inches is enough to hold me, all my stuff plus all the fish i'm gonna pile on the ice!!!!!! :sleazy: :azn: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/21/23, 07:24:40 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The small lakes will have better ice, I'm sure. But it still might be a good idea for you to hit the outhouse before you hit the ice. :nerd:    ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The small lakes will have better ice, I'm sure. But it still might be a good idea for you to hit the outhouse before you hit the ice. :nerd:    ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :mooning:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:mooning: :mooning: every morning bubba!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey gunner.......keeping an eye on geigers webcam......those guys seem to be spending alot of time in that one area....seen them yesterday again.  :scratch: you know that area way better then me, you think that might be a reflection of someones yard light?????

crazy but there isnt any snow on the ground up there???? but forecast is saying 1-3 inches sunday night!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Jessie lake is the outdoor news lake of the week.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen that,  although they talk primarily of a fish you don't fish fer.... :confused: Spose since it's advertised it'll get hit hard now..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The kiss of death.  Just kidding Glenn noone will even notice that lake. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea i suck on that lake!!!! :confused: been on it a bunch of times can never figure it out. surprised what the article said about crappies.

since i was just appointed to the watershed some of the residents on the lake where complaining somewhat about the lack of catching walleyes and did say there wasnt much for pike.  i check the access on occasion and never see more then 1 0r 2 rigs there. and really not sure how busy the resorts are?????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun that you have a perspective as a board member to help the community. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No, that's a real popular area most of year from what I've seen. It's biggest point between Northern Acres & where the river leaves the lake. Pretty sure those lights are NOT on land. Bowtring is a good crappie lake for #'s but they generally run a little small, 8-10", compared to our lake. It does get a lot more pressure this time of year than we do too.
« Last Edit: December 12/23/23, 08:03:51 AM by Gunner55 »