Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 667446 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We had a foot of sand in front of our 10-12' of rip rap where the dock sits in late April when the dock went in. Now, more than 1/2 of that rip rap is under water. I think the water has to be up 16-18"in the last 2 months here. :crazy:
:confused: :scratch: damn....i can about imagine what our dock may look like. wont be going up till July 8th!!!!!!  :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY GUNNER...I sent ya a pm yesterday  :scratch: You don't like me now. :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK.......so gunner or fishwidow or even kettle if he checks in. . got a question regarding furniture stores.  i'll take both your opinions to heart!!!!

i'm seriously contemplating replacing the mattress in the bed i sleep in at the cabin. no way can i haul up a mattress from here at home up there with other things i need to bring, so thinking i'd hook up my trailer and head to rapids. when i did a google search for mattresses in the deer river area, i found these 3'. mt trailer stays at the cabin.

rivertown furniture
lake country furniture, and
lake country furniture outlet.

any opinions on any of them???? pretty sure the mattress is a double.  and needs to be somewhat plyable to be able to squirm it in place because of the bunk on top.

any input would be much appreciated.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
AND NO!!!!!!!!! I'm not really looking for one thats urine or baby batter stained!!!!! :tut: :happy1: :rotflmao:

I know how you guys are!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :surrender: :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Inger girls won't care I'm thinking...   just saying!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Inger girls won't care I'm thinking...   just saying!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Never bought a mattress from any of them.  I have gotten smaller things from both Rivertown and Lake Country.
We have a queen size bed, and years ago I bought a mattress snd box spring from some outfit in St. Paul that claimed their mattresses were all made by major manufacturers and had minor imperfections. The labels were all torn off because the big name makers didn’t want their name associated with a discount merchant. The box spring was one piece. To get the box spring up to the second floor, I had to go underneath the steps and knock out the lower two thirds so the mattress could be tilted almost upright to fit. My wife was upstairs pulling while I pushed from the bottom. Then I had to reassemble the steps so I could get up there.  That mattress was the most comfortable thing I ever slept on for about six months and then turned into pure torture as the springs failed. When we decided to cut our losses, I had to take a saw and bolt cutter to the box spring to get it down the stairs.
We ended up buying a good mattress set from a store in Hudson, Wisconsin. They delivered it all the way to the bedroom for $75.00. Money well spent.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sleep number and problem solved....   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sleep number and problem solved....
:rotflmao: yea iffin your response to me.....that aint happening.

i need something that bends because of the braces that hold the top bunk in place. just a simple mattress. that one currently on the bed is shot.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY GUNNER...I sent ya a pm yesterday  :scratch: You don't like me now. :pouty: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah: Yeah........................at 9:30 :rolleyes: & I've usually been outside for over an hour by that time, so I didn't see it. Then we were at the bank in DR by 8:45 yday. :pouty: But it looks like there's a Slumberland out behind the Lucky 7 east of L&M's warehouse on 169 too. About all I know is that the oldest niece & her husband bought the mattress they have here in GR & I think they got theirs at the Lake Country Outlet store. That's right there by the light where 2 comes into town. I never see any cars at the 1 on the corner of Pokegama Ave & Hwy 2 & I'm not sure they're even open anymore. That Rivertown 1 is just east of LC Outlet but on the other side of the road.  :confused:
« Last Edit: June 06/28/24, 03:37:14 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks guys!!!!!!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I don't what to  think of this Jessie lake watershed stuff. :crazy: this morning  the gal that has Jessie lake resort  turned in her resignation front being secretary due to alot of unplanned events that came up.

This afternoon this Paul the prez sent an email  with his resignation due to family issues

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Glenn for Prez!!! :cheerleader:      :sleazy: :evil:       ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
They're dropping like flies once you got onboard!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to volunteer and it was great.  But as soon as you have any title you are the one that has to fill in when someone doesn't show up.  Like for bingo or meat raffles.  Great time though. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Glenn for Prez!!! :cheerleader:      :sleazy: :evil:       ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'll vote 3 times!!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
He's all talk!!  :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They're dropping like flies once you got onboard!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: i was officially elected in Aug of last year........i have had 1 communication since then. i sent an email to the rest of the board objecting to the idea of raising membership fees from $15.00 to $50.00. since then its total silence.

oh and boober.......... :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  So you are the new guy making waves.  Now they are all quitting and leaving it up to you.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :happy1: maybe. :happy1: but there's like 3 or 4 new people on the board.

I can't help it I'm not afraid to speak my mind!  :confused: :pouty:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they thought by raising the fee they would keep out the riff raff.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they thought by raising the fee they would keep out the riff raff.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope.........his theory was.......raise it to accumulate more money to do things. oh he had some strange ideas, in my mind!!

his math figured it if they raise it to 50 bucks........yea we may lose 3 people but with one new member they gain 5 bucks!!!!! maybe. my explanation to them was, isnt it the goal to gain more members?????? this shouldnt be a track meet......but a marathon.......

and the meeting i went to, not even all the board members where there and i believe there were maybe 4 other people there......so???

they have a little picnic and meeting on july 26th.....i'm kinda interested the turnout for that
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:38:07 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had at least 80-85 for our Fish Fry. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: Today at 07:44:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We had at least 80-85 for our Fish Fry. :happy1: :cool:
:happy1: i dont think we have that many members?  :scratch: :scratch: hard to tell......on there website.......members list was from 2017!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: