Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 685850 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Maybe, he just has couple ideas he wants to sound you out on 'em before he takes it to the rest of your group. Or.....................maybe he's heard about.................. the Glenn for Prez movement that's getting started. :sleazy: :evil:                ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/24, 09:36:29 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I wanna hear that debate!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I wanna hear that debate!
:rotflmao: my sparkling negotiation tactics would come in handy  :sleazy:

And NO  Glenn no run for prez  :tut:

I agree gunner, he may want to wing a few things by me, since I'm the only one that's spoken up  :doofus:

The standard progression would be he takes over as prez, he may try to convince me to be VP?? Not sure that be a good idea since we are both on the same lake  :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You better bring a bunch of smoked and pickled northerns to the picnic.  Bring the wife too and meet your people.   LOL

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Be kind to the little people Glenn.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You better bring a bunch of smoked and pickled northerns to the picnic.  Bring the wife too and meet your people.   LOL
thats the plan.......that way a can catch more!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Why not you for VP? Somebody has to do it; it might as well be you. :confused: You're about the only person, besides the present VP, who seems to care enough to put in some time & effort to help take care of the JLWA business.
« Last Edit: July 07/07/24, 09:38:20 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Why not you for VP? Somebody has to do it; it might as well be you. :confused: You're about the only person, besides the present VP, who seems to care enough to put in some time & effort to help take care of the JLWA business.
entertaining the idea. He is supposed to meet with the past prez today to try and make sense of the mess  and I'll meet up with him tomorrow maybe. My only concern is having the top 2 officers on the same body of water, maybe being an issue to the rest.

But then again someone else should stup up to the plate 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly.  I don't see a problem with you two on the same lake.  Maybe you can get better service and you should if noone else wants to help their lake's situation. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made it to the cabin  about 3:30. Stopped and visited a union coworker for a bit.

Lawn is cut, but yogi and booboo visited the bird feeders. :confused:

Dis guy is tuckered out.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: it appears them f>></ ankle biting blood sucking flies  have made there appearance   :confused: :angry2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
put clothes on, no more naked!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:angry2: it appears them f>></ ankle biting blood sucking flies  have made there appearance   :confused: :angry2:
:scratch: Give 'em a shot of that special juice of yours.  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It won't work on them bastages. I already put my special juice down. :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They don't seem to be that bad here. Might be because we've sprayed around the cabin but they were kind of bad down at the lake on Tuesday when we moved the dock in 10'. Could just be that you smell better to 'em too. :sleazy: :evil:           ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/11/24, 06:01:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: They don't seem to be that bad here. Might be because we've sprayed around the cabin but they were kind of bad down at the lake on Tuesday when we moved the dock in 10'. Could just be that you smell better to 'em too. :sleazy: :evil:           ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: they weren't near as bad yesterday......not even close.  :happy1:

tried moving the dock  :crazy: shoulda known better with all the boards on it, snapped the cables on both 4 wheeler wenches.....so repair time next time up.
also was going to use one of the push mowers and that cable snapped to.  :pouty:

had a good chat with the VP, now interm prez of the JLWA we got some ideas....... :sleazy: :sleazy:

based on the 2 meetings i attended, i'm of the opinion there needs to be more order at the meetings, i suggested some of the Roberts rules of order...he was pretty keen on that. there needs to be accountability with board members attendence.   amongst other things.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a great start Glenn.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Effective leaders can be few and far between.  G'luck, Glenn.  ;)

(You'll do great!   :cheerleader: :banghead: )

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There are times where all of our board members aren't at the lake when a meeting is scheduled. So, in order to get their business done they'll do it by conference call or on Zoom instead.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Channel 4 has there going to the lake again.  :happy1:  AJ Hilton and Amelia.. are in deer river within wild rice festival.

Yesterday they were at the Pines resort on Winnie, today on cutfoot, but they ate this morning  at the sportsman's in deer river.  They were impressed with the stuffed hash browns. Even had pictures on the book of faces.  :happy1:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Stopped by the wild rice festival a few hours ago.  It was too hot to wait for the pow wow.  It would be nice if the beer available on the street was better than the selection they have.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner I had to post this.  I know you eat here a lot. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yep........its a great place to eat.........never leave the place hungry for sure!!!!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will stop the next time we go through and are hungry.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Will stop the next time we go through and are hungry.  :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: its really kinda crazy there......i dont care how busy that place is.........it never takes very long to get your food once you order!!!!!

and the prices are very reasonable. one of the owners doesnt live very far from the cabin either,

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Order 1 of their daily specials off the dry wipe board & you can be in & out in 30-40 minutes. Even if the place is packed. You can't go wrong with their Hot Beef either & they sell a lot of those, so they always have those ready to go too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The dam at the paper mill in GR was still letting a lot of water go. A gate by the building had to be wide open & another 1 a little closer to the middle was pretty close IMO too. I don't believe any of the gates were completely closed & I'm not so sure that they didn't have more water being released today than they did back towards the end of June. :crazy: